iPhone 6s arrived-> stuck in Slide to upgrade... ??

I

iMore Question

Hello,
My iPhone 6s has arrived, but it is stuck in "Slide to upgrade." I have tried restarting several times and it seems to be a working through the update and then comes right back to the white "Slide to upgrade" screen which is still stuck. Any advice?
Thanks for your help!

bel12000

Sep 25, 2015
Visit site
Same here. Have been in and out of iTunes. Have tried stopping the download (it's an iOS 9.0 problem!) but every time it suggests upgrading to iOS 9.0.1 it just reverts back to 9.0. iTunes can't reset it as it hasn't been installed. I think I'm going to take it in to a shop tomorrow. Serves me right for getting an iphone on day of release! Good luck!

bel12000

Sep 25, 2015
Visit site
And done hard reset multiple times, can't reset factory settings as it's not installed and tried dfu mode too- no luck with any of it!!!

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Make sure that you upgrade to iTunes 12.3, put your phone in recovery mode and click update.

Stores aren't taking reservations now or doing appointments.

mdm2560

Sep 25, 2015
Visit site
I turned it off, ate dinner and watched a movie, tried again a few hours later and it worked. Annoying, but at least I have a phone and not a paperweight after 6 hours of setup. Before dinner I had tried both update and restore several times on two separate macbooks.

I originally tried to set it up as a restore from my old phone (4s running ios 7). Once I finally got the second chance, I set it up as a new phone.

missriss808

Sep 28, 2015
Visit site
I'm having the exact same problem with my iPhone 6s. Got home, worked perfectly fine and than I decided to hook it up to my computer so I could get some old contacts and music I've downloaded. I updated iTunes and I guess without realizing it I also downloaded IOS 9.0.1 and that's when I started having this trouble. I will try and restore it to factory settings and what not. Fingers crossed, I hope it works. Because I've gone without a phone for 6 months, and it took me 4 days dealing with Sprint to FINALLY get this phone. And now after less than 24 hours, I can't even use it. Wtf.... I love apple products, but man sometimes I wish I liked android. :no::sick:

tmlfan4life

Jun 19, 2014
Visit site
I have a 6s which still has 9.0 and after reading this will I'm wondering will I also get this problem when upgrading to iOS 10 when it's released? If it matters I would do the upgrade over Wi-Fi.

tmlfan4life

Jun 19, 2014
Visit site
I wouldn't worry about that.
Are you talking from experience when you say that? Than again am I overreacting thinking about this and it's only a problem that effected only a small amount of people? I ask because I saw some YouTube videos of others who had this problem.

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Are you talking from experience when you say that? Than again am I overreacting thinking about this and it's only a problem that effected only a small amount of people? I ask because I saw some YouTube videos of others who had this problem.

No experience in that issue. The fact is it effected only a few people- I wouldn't worry that it will happen with a completely different operating system update. Especially one that hasn't even been announced yet.

tmlfan4life

Jun 19, 2014
Visit site
No experience in that issue. The fact is it effected only a few people- I wouldn't worry that it will happen with a completely different operating system update. Especially one that hasn't even been announced yet.
I just thought since I would be going from 9.0 to 10 I would still have that problem of it not sliding to upgrade. I do realize it's a while until iOS 10 is released and I guess before that happens I can always ask at the Apple Store and tell them before I update the iOS on my 6s.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234