iPhone 6s FedEx delivery question

Sep 22, 2015
Visit site
When it delivers on friday nobody will be home. So im wondering if leaving a not with the signature and where to put the phone will be good enough for it to be left at my house. I live in a good neighborhood so there are no past incidents with people stealing mail and stuff. If you cant then i wont be able to get it till monday and you know how that goes):

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Call FedEx and seek assistance from them. They would be the best source of informal in this regard, in my opinion.

sleepngbear

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
I'm in the same boat -- nobody will be home most of the day Friday. Did you order through Apple or your carrier? I went through Apple. On the Orders page, you're supposed to have the option to auto-sign for the delivery online, but you can't do that until after it ships. I'm chewing through my fingernails here because I'm still showing as Preparing for Shipping. FedEx around here is a major pain in the patootie if they need a sig and you miss them.

nr2d

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
The last time I had a new iPhone delivered by FEDEX it required a signature. My iPhone 6S this year is coming by UPS and it requires a signature. If you have a tracking number you can go to the shippers web site and it will tell if a signature is required.

xikle

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
You should be able to pre-sign for the delivery. Here's the link to the info from Apple's site: Shipping and delivery - Apple (scroll down to Carrier Delivery Options.

From what I understand you have to print out the form and sign it then leave it where Fed-Ex/UPS normally will leave packages (e.g. front door, garage door, etc.). This should allow the driver to leave the package when nobody is there to sign for it.

I've never tried doing this but it's something to look into if you want to have the phone on Friday, but can't be there to sign for it in person.

Carrier Delivery Options
Apple chooses which carrier will deliver your shipment, and some of our shipments require a signature. Your Shipment Notification email will tell you whether a signature is required. The carrier will make three delivery attempts before returning the items to Apple. Once your order has prepared for shipment or has shipped, we are unable to change the shipping address.

If you are unavailable to provide a signature, Apple offers three easy options for you to receive your package.

Option 1: Pre-sign with Apple

There are two ways you can Pre-sign for your shipment:

Click the Pre-sign for this shipment link in your Shipment Notification email

Visit online Order Status and click the "Pre-sign for this shipment" link
Complete and print the Shipment Release Authorization form. Leave the form on your door for the carrier, prior to 8:00 a.m. on the day of expected delivery.

You can specify a preferred delivery location (e.g., front door, back door, immediate neighbor, or building manager). If you provide an address other than the one specified on the package, someone must sign for the package.

If you'd like to pre-sign for more than one shipment, simply print, sign, and leave a Shipment Release Authorization for each package.

For safety and security reasons, all deliveries are subject to the driver's discretion. If you are unable to access the Pre-sign Form, call Apple Store Customer Service at 1-800-676-2775 and let us help!

Option 2: Sign to release your shipment to your address, an immediate neighbor, or a building manager

If you did not pre-sign for your package through Apple, and you were unavailable to provide a signature, the carrier will leave a Delivery Notice on your door after the first delivery attempt.

You can sign the Delivery Notice, specify a preferred delivery location (e.g., front door, back door, immediate neighbor, building manager), and leave the notice on your door prior to the next delivery attempt.

If you provide an address other than the one specified on the package, someone must sign for the package.

Option 3: Pick up package at carrier's local facility

After the first delivery attempt, you can request to pick up your package at our carrier's local facility. Call the number on the carrier's Delivery Notice and inform the carrier you'd like to pick up your package in person.

To pick up your package from the carrier's local facility, you'll need:

The Delivery Notice

Government ID (driver's license, passport) that matches the package name and address

Second ID with your name on it (credit card, social security card)
The carrier can release the package only to the person included on the shipping address.

CaCHooKaMan

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
My phone is being delivered via FedEx and AT&T has restricted signature release authorization and local FedEx location pickup. All those options are greyed out on the tracking page for my package. That being said, I've never had to sign for a phone that was delivered to my house. It's always just been left on my porch. It does depend on your area though.

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
When it delivers on friday nobody will be home. So im wondering if leaving a not with the signature and where to put the phone will be good enough for it to be left at my house. I live in a good neighborhood so there are no past incidents with people stealing mail and stuff. If you cant then i wont be able to get it till monday and you know how that goes):

Last year my iPhone 6 was left at my door with no signature required. I was home anticipating it would need one but the Fedex guy just knocked on the door and then practically ran back to his truck and drove away; I think he was really busy that day.

xikle

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, last year my iPhone 6 was delivered by UPS instead of FedEx and I had to sign for it. They rang the bell and had their handheld ready to be signed on by the time I got to the door. This year I just requested it be held at the local depot so I can pick it up first thing in the morning. Rather than having to wait around all day for it.

Magic1962

Apr 20, 2015
Visit site
well, this maybe dumb.... but because of the signature needed.... I am taking the day off.... hope it comes in the morning so I can play all day with my new 6s.... Dave:yes:

Jde2466

Sep 12, 2015
Visit site
Not in regards to phones, but I have written a note saying that they are allowed to leave the package and signed it and both UPS and FedEx has left packages. They take the note as proof of signature and drop the package.

Posted via the iMore App for Android

Patriley37869

May 17, 2016
Visit site

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW