Hey everyone,
    So I've been a looongtime BlackBerry user and have finally decided it was time to give the iphone another try as the OS has substantially matured since the 4S I last tried. The biggest gating issues for me have always been the following:
    1) email on the iphone has always sucked, I hate how if I'm in an email thread and someone decides to attach something it doesn't appear up top instead you have to scroll all the way down through the previous emails to find the attachment. Additionally the lack of calendar integration within the email app was also unappealing to me. I've been playing with the Outlook app and it looks like this is a solid alternative.

2) I know I may get burned for this but yes....... I love the notification light on my BB's! I know you can use the flash as a makeshift notification light on the iPhone but imho that is tacky. Why can't Apple just add the option to allow you to set the screen to come on dimly at certain intervals to satisfy this? I just hate being a slave to a phone and having the need to engage it any time its out of sight. Having the notification light on my BlackBerry I can walk away from my desk come back and see if something requires my action without picking up the phone whereas with the iphone I'd have to pick it up and engage it to see if there are any open action items. This can be easily addressed with my suggestion. Many here won't see that as an issue but I do as I receive a substantial amount of emails during the day.

I guess I will just have to try it and see if I can cope, I've sold all my BlackBerry phones to make sure I give it a fair shake. Anyways, looking forward to trying the new waters, any tips would be appreciated.
    09-23-2015 07:00 PM
    you'll be upset when you get your iphone...

I know i was... i too was a long time BBRY fan (still love the Q10 and bold lineup, my favorite keyboard to type on hahha). But, yeah i was upset when i got my first iPhone. I was upset it took me that long to actually get one.

I mean every devices has its weakness but, the pros outweigh the cons... soon you will overlook that little led light. I thought i couldn't live without that light that would change color telling me exactly what was incoming on the device. Now i really don't miss it. My iP6 does everything i want it to do perfectly and i am happy.

Only advice really is ensure what your needs/priorities are and once they are fulfilled - you're good to go. apps are awesome on the iPhone, if you have ipad or mac even better, they communicate seamlessly. its an awesome experience when it all just works...
    09-23-2015 07:14 PM
    Hey everyone,
    So I've been a looongtime BlackBerry user and have finally decided it was time to give the iphone another try as the OS has substantially matured since the 4S I last tried. The biggest gating issues for me have always been the following:
    1) email on the iphone has always sucked, I hate how if I'm in an email thread and someone decides to attach something it doesn't appear up top instead you have to scroll all the way down through the previous emails to find the attachment. Additionally the lack of calendar integration within the email app was also unappealing to me. I've been playing with the Outlook app and it looks like this is a solid alternative.

2) I know I may get burned for this but yes....... I love the notification light on my BB's! I know you can use the flash as a makeshift notification light on the iPhone but imho that is tacky. Why can't Apple just add the option to allow you to set the screen to come on dimly at certain intervals to satisfy this? I just hate being a slave to a phone and having the need to engage it any time its out of sight. Having the notification light on my BlackBerry I can walk away from my desk come back and see if something requires my action without picking up the phone whereas with the iphone I'd have to pick it up and engage it to see if there are any open action items. This can be easily addressed with my suggestion. Many here won't see that as an issue but I do as I receive a substantial amount of emails during the day.

I guess I will just have to try it and see if I can cope, I've sold all my BlackBerry phones to make sure I give it a fair shake. Anyways, looking forward to trying the new waters, any tips would be appreciated.
    I also like the notification on bb. However I have not had a bb in a long time eventually you just get used to it and really never miss it to be honest
    09-23-2015 09:19 PM
    Thanks for the feedback, hopefully I can do without it, like I said I sold all 4 of my BB's to make sure I give give 6S a fair shot.
    09-24-2015 08:24 PM
    Stick with the Blacberry if the notification light is so important to you.
    09-24-2015 08:35 PM
    Stick with the Blacberry if the notification light is so important to you.
    Thanks for the useless comment. Fortunately I am open to change and as mentioned have seen the progression of iOS to the point where it might suit me which is why I am giving it a try.
    09-24-2015 08:47 PM
    The Watch totally replaces the need for a notification light on a phone...
    09-24-2015 08:59 PM
    you'll be upset when you get your iphone...

I know i was... i too was a long time BBRY fan (still love the Q10 and bold lineup, my favorite keyboard to type on hahha). But, yeah i was upset when i got my first iPhone. I was upset it took me that long to actually get one.

I mean every devices has its weakness but, the pros outweigh the cons... soon you will overlook that little led light. I thought i couldn't live without that light that would change color telling me exactly what was incoming on the device. Now i really don't miss it. My iP6 does everything i want it to do perfectly and i am happy.

Only advice really is ensure what your needs/priorities are and once they are fulfilled - you're good to go. apps are awesome on the iPhone, if you have ipad or mac even better, they communicate seamlessly. its an awesome experience when it all just works...
    LOL....EXACTLY this^^^
    09-24-2015 09:05 PM
    Android based phones like the Note or S6 series may be another option if you do find that the notification LED is a must have. App selection and device capabilities are quite good.
    09-25-2015 07:57 AM
    Apple probably was very battery drain conscious, and so was I.
    Also, after a while, LED light started bothering me as it urges me to acknowledge it when I am busy on something else. It keeps flashing and drain the battery. On iPhone, all you have to do is to touch the home button to see if something might be in (if you were away from the phone for while), which to me, is a more sensible solution.
    I hate flushing LED.
    kch50428 likes this.
    09-25-2015 10:08 AM
    The Watch totally replaces the need for a notification light on a phone...
    this comment is pretty ridiculous.. why would purchasing a 400-500 dollar watch be a valid thing to replace something that comes on phones that are much cheaper then iPhones..

I no longer need the light because I'm used to it.. I have owned pretty much every type of phone... but people come here for honest responses and it seems like you are simply attacking him as all apple or nothing

and I'm not trying to attack you.. but your responses didn't come off as very nice especially for a moderator
    BlueAquarian likes this.
    09-25-2015 04:23 PM
    My response was my opinion... sorry if you can't handle blunt. The discussions about notification lights have been had here ad nauseum. No minds are ever changed. And before I had my first iPhone4 when Verizon got them - I was a Blackberry user. Hated the blinky light then...
    Last edited by kch50428; 09-25-2015 at 07:26 PM. Reason: Revise
    09-25-2015 04:31 PM
    My response was my opinion... sorry if you can't handle blunt. The discussions about notification lights have been had here ad nauseum. No minds are ever changed. And before I had my first iPhone4 when Verizon got them - was a Blackberry user. Hated the blinky light then...

not trying to start anything.. but thats what happens in forums... things get discussed over and over because people have the same questions.. and us who like to frequent may have to repeat ourselves but it will never end.. on any forum

Anyway after not using the light I standby and say after a while you never notice it missing..

im not sure i would like to have it back even..
    that light tended to keep me glued to my phone now i just check on occasion and live a more normal life
    BlueAquarian likes this.
    09-25-2015 07:21 PM
    I also plan on switching from a Blackberry. I am still posting from my BlackBerry Z10, but as soon as I can I am going to get the 6s. I'm a bit worried about adjusting to the changes especially since I've loved my keyboard, but I'm looking forward to having more access to the apps my friends use.
    09-26-2015 12:55 PM
    Blackberry still makes phones?
    09-27-2015 08:56 AM