Im confused do i just leave the old sim in my old phone and trade it back in to verizon or do i take it out of my old phone and put it in the new one?
    09-22-2015 08:51 PM
    Verizon will send complete instructions on how to activate the new device...follow them.
    09-22-2015 08:58 PM
    As noted above, the instructions you will receive typically will involve activating the new device with the SIM card that is already pre-installed in the device.

In addition, if you "trade your old phone back in to Verizon", take the SIM card out. Don't turn that in with the phone.
    09-22-2015 10:44 PM
    If I understand what I was told by an AT&T rep, and I am sure the experts will correct if I am wrong, a SIM can only be activated once. So it is actually useless for another phone once it has been deactivated (ie another SIM activated to a phone number formerly attached to that SIM). True?
    09-23-2015 07:12 PM
    Im confused do i just leave the old sim in my old phone and trade it back in to verizon or do i take it out of my old phone and put it in the new one?
    My question too. I want to use the SIM that's in my current iPhone 6 in my new 6s when it arrives. So I can use my main phone number with the new phone. So when I get the new device, (October sometime) can I just put my current SIM in the new phone and be ready to go?
    09-25-2015 11:48 AM
    Also I'm not getting a Follow option on any of the discussions today...wonder what's up with that?
    09-25-2015 11:50 AM
    My question too. I want to use the SIM that's in my current iPhone 6 in my new 6s when it arrives. So I can use my main phone number with the new phone. So when I get the new device, (October sometime) can I just put my current SIM in the new phone and be ready to go?
    Yes you can. I always take the SIM out of my current iPhone, and pop it into the new one. Works perfectly every time on AT&T.
    09-25-2015 12:26 PM
    If you bought the phone from the carrier or from Apple associate with a carrier, the new SIM should already be associated with your existing number and all you need to do is activate the phone. Then the SIM in he old phone can just be trashed.
    I purchased thru AT&T and I added a device to my account as I am keeping my current 6, which is the one I want to switch the SIM card out with. Put my current SIM in the new 6s, which will then put my phone number on the new device, and put the new SIM that comes in the new phone in my current 6. Can I do that since I am keeping the old 6.
    09-25-2015 12:32 PM
    I purchased thru AT&T and I added a device to my account as I am keeping my current 6, which is the one I want to switch the SIM card out with. Put my current SIM in the new 6s, which will then put my phone number on the new device, and put the new SIM that comes in the new phone in my current 6. Can I do that since I am keeping the old 6.
    Only one SIM will work. If you want to use the old SIM, don't activate the one that comes with 6s. If you activate the new one, old sim will stop working.
    You can't get two SIM cards working for one mobile number. That's how it is in my country at least.
    09-25-2015 12:46 PM
    Only one SIM will work. If you want to use the old SIM, don't activate the one that comes with 6s. If you activate the new one, old sim will stop working.
    You can't get two SIM cards working for one mobile number. That's how it is in my country at least.
    seems like she has 2 phones on her account.. just what I gathered from her comments..

You can use the new sim in old phone if needed
    09-25-2015 01:14 PM
    Yes you can. This is exactly what I do. Whatever SIM you put in the iPhone, that's what line it will automatically be.
    09-25-2015 01:39 PM
    Just picked up an iPhone 6s, model A1633/AT&T phone with band 30. They just popped the SIM from my old iPhone 6 and put it in the new iPhone 6s (and put the new SIM in the old phone, which is at the moment not associated with a service). All worked fine.
    09-25-2015 01:53 PM
    Yes, that's exactly what you're gonna want to do. Take your current SIM and put it in the new phone. Since you added a device, the new phone will have a new SIM with a different number. Your current SIM has your current number. So...switch em!
    09-25-2015 02:08 PM
    Thanks everybody!
    09-25-2015 03:21 PM
    My t-mobile upgrade didn't come with instructions. There was a sim in the new phone. But it was some weird long extended phone number. So I just popped out the sim in my old phone and put it in there. And everything is working fine. Should I call T Mobile and just make sure there's not two sims activated on the one line?
    09-26-2015 12:02 PM
    some carriers have dual-sim solutions. You can activate one number on two sims, but you can have one phone turned on at the time. You'll have to put the other phone in Airplane Mode or switch it off entirely.
    usedberry likes this.
    09-26-2015 01:00 PM
    some carriers have dual-sim solutions. You can activate one number on two sims, but you can have one phone turned on at the time. You'll have to put the other phone in Airplane Mode or switch it off entirely.
    Thanks for the information. I'll search more about it. 👍
    09-26-2015 01:01 PM
    I wasn't aware that there were any carriers in the US that support this functionality.
    09-26-2015 03:42 PM
    I wasn't aware that there were any carriers in the US that support this functionality.
    I'm in the Netherlands. But still, I was under the impression it's a worldwide possibility. The technology exists from when luxury cars had build in phones. You only had to shut off the one phone and start your car, they both had a SIM card installed with the same phone number.
    09-26-2015 03:49 PM
    http://mobile.geek.com/mobile/46989-...same-number-wi

This is an old, but yet, accurate news item I just googled.
    09-26-2015 03:57 PM
    Yeah, US carriers don't support dual numbers.

That "news item" is in fact very old. And if you read it, it says that "the folks over at MobilityMinded are trying to get the carriers in the United States to take notice and have posted a poll that they plan to share the results of with AT&T, T-Mobile, and any other carriers that want to listen."

I don't think they got any traction with the US carriers.
    09-26-2015 07:18 PM
    Yes, I already stated it's an old but accurate news item. It seems like they didn't succeed indeed. I hope it will be allowed by U.S carriers soon, as there are plenty people with more than one phone.
    09-26-2015 07:20 PM
    I was told by Verizon to take the SIM card out of my old phone and put it in the new phone. Went from a 6 plus to iPhone 6s.
    09-26-2015 07:59 PM