Will the Verizon 6s allow me to use my hotspot and talk on the phone at the same time?

I

iMore Question

Will the Verizon 6s allow me to use my hotspot and talk on the phone at the same time

On the 6s, when I have my hot spot on, how can I talk on the phone?

jmecca09

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
Re: Will the Verizon 6s allow me to use my hotspot and talk on the phone at the same time

It's not possible. You cannot use data while you are one a phone call. This is possible with other carriers.

techitrucker

Sep 13, 2014
Visit site
Re: Will the Verizon 6s allow me to use my hotspot and talk on the phone at the same time

Two caveats. You need to have voice over LTE enabled. It's the default setting so should not be and issue. You need to be in and LTE area. I rarely don't see LTE at this point. If you meet those requirements, hotspot will work while your in the phone.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site

Two caveats. You need to have voice over LTE enabled. It's the default setting so should not be and issue. You need to be in and LTE area. I rarely don't see LTE at this point. If you meet those requirements, hotspot will work while your in the phone.

+1

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site

3rd caveat... Verizon has to support voice over LTE in the market you're in.... It's not supported everywhere... yet...