Reservation Times on 9/25 and 6S Carrier Differentiation

Astrotrain00

Sep 21, 2015
Visit site
Hi guys, I'm new here. I've been an Android user for the past 5 or so years, always swearing I'd never become an iSheep. But, I finally gave in. I use a Macbook Pro and the 6 / 6s is just so nice. Plus, I'm tired of the lag, bloat and terrible battery life that seems to come standard with every Android device.

Anywho, I set up a reservation to pick up my shiny new iPhone on 9/25 from an Apple Store because I'm doing the upgrade plan. On the website you have to select a carrier which leads me to my question: are there different models for different carriers? I am currently with AT&T but I wanted to switch to Verizon, but not until after I get the phone (my girlfriend gets a Verizon discount through the school board but she won't be with me when I pick up our new phones).

Also, speaking of picking up the phone, I have a time set for 3pm. How accurate is this reservation time? Should I anticipate standing there an additional 2 hours or is it pretty much a minimal wait time?

Thanks, y'all. Looking forward to joining the iFamily.

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Did you reserve the Verizon one or ATT one? that's the one they'll hold for you. You should be in and out fairly quickly, I would assume, as that's your reservation time. They're going to have specific teams working reservations.

Astrotrain00

Sep 21, 2015
Visit site
I reserved the ATT one, but I am unclear if that means anything? I know some Android phones, the new Moto X Pure Edition for example, works across all carriers. I am not sure if the 6s is the same and you have to "choose" a carrier for some sort of analytical benchmarking to differentiate how many "Verizon" units move as opposed to "ATT" ones, etc.

donawalt

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
As a fellow AT&T user, you want to look on the back of your new phone and make sure it says Model A1633 for a 6s phone (or A1634 for the 6s+), NOT a A1688 (or not a 1687 for the 6s+). The 1633 has all the bands of the 1688, except it also has the band 30 LTE which is the faster LTE that AT&T is building out:
AT&T expects to start deploying 2.3 GHz WCS spectrum for LTE this summer - FierceWirelessTech

The A1634 and A1687 work worldwide/outside of the US as you can see on this chart, but you lose the band 30, so my advice actually assumes you are US and can take advantage of the faster LTE sooner or later, not a resident of another country:
Apple - iPhone 6 - View countries with supported LTE networks.

If you chose an order of AT&T, you should get a A1633/1634 no problem - just verify it!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh