Tempered glass screen protector

TwitchyPuppy

Jun 3, 2015
Visit site
Hi!

Does anyone know of a tempered glass protector that goes AROUND the home button, like on the 5S?
I have seen Zagg's 6 one and, my OCD and I, do not like the fact that it leaves uncovered space below the home button. It is not sleek nor visually appealing (I have put one on my 5S for increased protection and because it was not appearant).

Thanks =)

Sent from my ME173X using Tapatalk

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I've seen one posted on here before...but there is a rationale for that gap underneath the home button...when it is fully surrounded, the Touch ID can be effected because of the way some people capture their thumb print. When it is fully surrounded like that, it apparently makes you have to capture more of the tip of your thumb than just naturally laying your thumb down on the sensor. That is what Zagg said in their forum anyways when someone asked.

fredriks

May 24, 2013
Visit site
Search for this on eBay. I got it for my ip 6 and it's great.

Nillkin 9H CP+ Anti-Explosion Tempered Glass Screen Protector For Apple iPhone 6

TwitchyPuppy

Jun 3, 2015
Visit site
I've seen one posted on here before...but there is a rationale for that gap underneath the home button...when it is fully surrounded, the Touch ID can be effected because of the way some people capture their thumb print. When it is fully surrounded like that, it apparently makes you have to capture more of the tip of your thumb than just naturally laying your thumb down on the sensor. That is what Zagg said in their forum anyways when someone asked.
Hmm.. I have never hd this issue on my 5S, though.
Search for this on eBay. I got it for my ip 6 and it's great.

Nillkin 9H CP+ Anti-Explosion Tempered Glass Screen Protector For Apple iPhone 6
Thanks! I will look it up =)

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site

04689a23eed3ff166453cfba960d6f25.jpg

Touch ID worked perfect with mine, it fully covered. Had one on the 5s too, still just as good. Don't know why Zagg would say otherwise. I guess perhaps it has to do with the size of the finger? My fingers are very small...

5s:

c76a09f925422c401aceba01fe5a9cee.jpg

Sent from my iPad Mini 3 using Tapatalk. 🖖

fredriks

May 24, 2013
Visit site
Hmm.. I have never hd this issue on my 5S, though.

Thanks! I will look it up =)

It looks best if you have your phone in a case. If you use your phone naked it stands up a bit on the edges. I always use a slim tpu case and in that case it looks awesome. Not really sure if I would recommend it to a user that don't use a case

Guacho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
I'm fine with the gap at the bottom, if you want the whole button you need to be extremely careful when installing...

TwitchyPuppy

Jun 3, 2015
Visit site
//images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/09/19/04689a23eed3ff166453cfba960d6f25.jpg

Touch ID worked perfect with mine, it fully covered. Had one on the 5s too, still just as good. Don't know why Zagg would say otherwise. I guess perhaps it has to do with the size of the finger? My fingers are very small...

5s:

//images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/09/19/c76a09f925422c401aceba01fe5a9cee.jpg

Where did you get it?

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Hi!

Does anyone know of a tempered glass protector that goes AROUND the home button, like on the 5S?
I have seen Zagg's 6 one and, my OCD and I, do not like the fact that it leaves uncovered space below the home button. It is not sleek nor visually appealing (I have put one on my 5S for increased protection and because it was not appearant).

Thanks =)

I'm also OCD about that "gap" at the bottom of the Zagg Glass, but I went ahead and got the one for my 6 Plus anyway because I still like Zagg protection overall. Hopefully they will make a newer version to look like the 5s version.

TwitchyPuppy

Jun 3, 2015
Visit site
I'm also OCD about that "gap" at the bottom of the Zagg Glass, but I went ahead and got the one for my 6 Plus anyway because I still like Zagg protection overall. Hopefully they will make a newer version to look like the 5s version.
Haha I bet, and that is what I will do too!

Yeah that would be sweet :D

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
Where did you get it?

Honestly, I've bought these off eBay. They hold up very well. I have one on my 5c that saved the phone when it landed face down from off my lap onto the road. I was in a customer's Jeep pairing up her new device (Back when I worked for Boost Mobile). Got out and forgot my own device was on my lap. I'm still using the same protector over a year later. =)

tmx31415

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site
Zagg started selling the Luxe glass screen protector on their site which is a full coverage option. You can also find several full coverage options on Amazon. The down side to the full coverage protectors is that a lot of cases will not work with them and causes it to raise up along the edges.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Zagg started selling the Luxe glass screen protector on their site which is a full coverage option. You can also find several full coverage options on Amazon. The down side to the full coverage protectors is that a lot of cases will not work with them and causes it to raise up along the edges.

Humm, I didn't even know Zagg sold/had this type of full front screen protection. I'm going to look into this and see if the Apple Leather cases work with this type of protection.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1442803579.109006.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1442803593.424947.jpg
Thanks for the info

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
Oh.. totally not what I expected. They look like a faceplate :S
Thanks for the info, though!

Sent from my iPad Mini 3 using Tapatalk

I love the faceplates, you can completely change the color of the device if you wished it. Plus if you get lint, as long as it's not on the actual display, you won't even be able to see it!

TwitchyPuppy

Jun 3, 2015
Visit site
Here's another company name Cinder that has the same kind of faceplate and they claim it will fit with certain cases, Apple Leather being one of them. They have a list of compatible cases that will fit.

http://youtu.be/06LH8cw2mu8

http://www.cupert.com/products/cinder.html

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk
Woah.. it adds a lot of thickness!!
I just hope the screen responsiveness is not affected (probably not optimal, though).

Sent from my iPad Mini 3 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW