iPhone 6S and iCloud for setup of new phone, can I please get some assistance?

steve72852

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site
Iphone 6S and Icloud for setup of new phone

I pre-ordered iphone 6S as a T-Mobile customer. To arrive by mail. The iphone 6S will presumably ship with ios9. A few questions: 1) If I do a backup of my current iphone 6 on icloud with all apps, info. etc, how can I download all prior content (as a restore from icloud)without reinstalling ios8.4? 2) Is it possible to restore apps, info. only on the new iphone 6S? And finally, where is the best 'how to' tutorial on how to do this when the new iphone arrives? I'm not super savvy as most of you are and would welcome all advice, as I haven't done this brfore... Thanks

steve72852

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site
Re: Iphone 6S and Icloud for setup of new phone

Thanks WW ... I do my regular backups using iTunes. You mentioned icloud in your response. Should I use Icloud instead of ITunes for this process. If there a difference between the two, and is it OK to use ITunes to restore apps, etc. Appreciate the timely response. Imore absolutely rocks...

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Thanks WW ... I do my regular backups using iTunes. You mentioned icloud in your response. Should I use Icloud instead of ITunes for this process. If there a difference between the two, and is it OK to use ITunes to restore apps, etc. Appreciate the timely response. Imore absolutely rocks...

Either will be fine, and yes, you can use iTunes to restore your apps, etcetera. Thank you for your compliment of iMore. It is appreciated. We really do strive to be as helpful as possible. On behalf of warcraftWidow, thank you again and have a great day.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73