Still no image stabilization in the iPhone 6s camera?

I

iMore Question

Still no image stabilization in the iPhone 6s camera

Really? When are we just going to get the whole package with the iPhone? Always missing something!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: Still no image stabilization in the iPhone 6s camera

Show me a device that has everything for everybody. Having said that, if the iPhone 6S doesn't suit your needs, don't buy it. There are numerous competitors out there that would love to take your money, and if a non-Apple device has what you need, buy it and be happy.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site

Really? When are we just going to get the whole package with the iPhone? Always missing something!

Nothing is missing...it's on the 6S+. If it's that important to you, you have an option to have it. The regular 6 and the new 6S both have image stabilization, they just don't include the "OIS" feature, unique to the "Plus" model...it's simply a more defined lens function they were able to get in there because of the larger chassis.

wolfedude88

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site

Show me a device that has everything for everybody. Having said that, if the iPhone 6S doesn't suit your needs, don't buy it. There are numerous competitors out there that would love to take your money, and if a non-Apple device has what you need, buy it and be happy.

It really gets old sometimes being here. Yes he complained about the iPhone, it's not perfect and no phone is.

But just because he or anyone says something negative about the iPhone a lot of people on this board say then go buy an android phone. Not once did the TC say he was going to buy a different phone.

I too wish that the smaller iPhone 6 would have had ois and a bigger battery.

Doesn't mean I am going to go to an android phone. They have their own problems as well.

It just seems people are always so defensive here.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

It really gets old sometimes being here. Yes he complained about the iPhone, it's not perfect and no phone is.

But just because he or anyone says something negative about the iPhone a lot of people on this board say then go buy an android phone. Not once did the TC say he was going to buy a different phone.

Doesn't mean I am going to go to an android phone. They have their own problems as well.

I'm sorry, but you've failed to tell me what I did wrong so to refresh, let's start w/the thread question:

The OP's own comments were: "Really? When are we just going to get the whole package with the iPhone? Always missing something!"

There were three questions asked and a final complaint/parting shot. My reply about there not being a device that has everything for everybody is warranted, in my opinion, and if the iPhone isn't supplying one's needs, but something else. That, too, is warranted. It is not in defense of the iPhone. It is to remind the OP that he or she has other choices that may suit his or her needs best. Period.

wolfedude88

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site

I'm sorry, but you've failed to tell me what I did wrong so to refresh, let's start w/the thread question:

The OP's own comments were: "Really? When are we just going to get the whole package with the iPhone? Always missing something!"

There were three questions asked and a final complaint/parting shot. My reply about there not being a device that has everything for everybody is warranted, in my opinion, and if the iPhone isn't supplying one's needs, but something else. That, too, is warranted. It is not in defense of the iPhone. It is to remind the OP that he or she has other choices that may suit his or her needs best. Period.

I guess it would be one thing if this was the only time I've seen this. And when the op doesn't bring up android then I don't know why anyone else would here. He's here for a reason, sometimes people vent. He didn't seem to be trolling, at least not to me.

I know it can get annoying to some, but he's not wrong either. The iPhone is always going to be missing something, and so will android. apparently ois is what he wanted.

It just seemed to me that you went straight to tell him to go to android versus doing what Sean did, suggesting maybe the iPhone 6 plus.

Didn't mean to make you mad, but like I said I see it a lot here where people just seem too quick to jump on someone for not having the most glowing opinion on every aspect of the iPhone.

Sorry if you weren't doing that and if you were just trying to be helpful

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site

I guess it would be one thing if this was the only time I've seen this. And when the op doesn't bring up android then I don't know why anyone else would here. He's here for a reason, sometimes people vent. He didn't seem to be trolling, at least not to me.

I know it can get annoying to some, but he's not wrong either. The iPhone is always going to be missing something, and so will android. apparently ois is what he wanted.

It just seemed to me that you went straight to tell him to go to android versus doing what Sean did, suggesting maybe the iPhone 6 plus.

Didn't mean to make you mad, but like I said I see it a lot here where people just seem too quick to jump on someone for not having the most glowing opinion on every aspect of the iPhone.

'D is probably one of the more patient and forgiving members in this community. If anything, I am more surprised that Sean didn't go straight for the jugular. I have seen many cases just like you where people get jumped when I don't feel they necessarily deserved to be. This however is not one of those cases.

Some random person decided to come into a forum, without bothering to create an account, just to fire a shot at Apple. That is all this is. This person had zero intentions of joining the community and adding value. He or she started a thread and planted an insult in order to stir the pot with no intentions of sticking around. 'D and others have been around long enough to recognize this type of behavior, and he handled it accordingly.

I am in no way attacking you brother. I just think I see this for what it really was and understand why 'D took the approach that he did.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I guess it would be one thing if this was the only time I've seen this. And when the op doesn't bring up android then I don't know why anyone else would here.
I didn't mention Android or any other brand.
He's here for a reason, sometimes people vent. He didn't seem to be trolling, at least not to me.
You're absolutely right about sometimes people vent, and I don't have a problem with the venting, but that can go both ways. A response can also be a means to vent. Should the responder not be allowed to vent also? As for trolling, that never crossed my mind in regard to the OP.

See, that's the problem. You agree with the OP whereas I don't agree or disagree with him or her. The OP created a thread and posted some questions and a comment. My particular reply was disliked by you even though that reply wasn't mean, vulgar or even disrespectful. Neither can you point out a falsehood therein. By you saying here that "the iPhone is always going to be missing something", you are agreeing with the first comment I made in this thread.

Wrong. I did NOT mention Android.

I'm not mad at all, but I am defending my comment. I'm about to walk out the door and head to work so I don't have the time to not be blunt. Sorry.

Thank you. I'm sorry for coming across "defensive". Anyway, gotta go. Enjoy your day...:)

Last edited:

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site

That's nothing, you should check out the other Mobile Nations sites (Crackberry, Android Central and WP). Now they are the epitome of being defensive....LOL

wolfedude88

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
I didn't mention Android or any other brand. You're absolutely right about sometimes people vent, and I don't have a problem with the venting, but that can go both ways. A response can also be a means to vent. Should the responder not be allowed to vent also? As for trolling, that never crossed my mind in regard to the OP.

See, that's the problem. You agree with the OP whereas I don't agree or disagree with him or her. The OP created a thread and posted some questions and a comment. My particular reply was disliked by you even though that reply wasn't mean, vulgar or even disrespectful. Neither can you point out a falsehood therein. By you saying here that "the iPhone is always going to be missing something", you are agreeing with the first comment I made in this thread.

Wrong. I did NOT mention Android.

Thank you. I'm sorry for coming across "defensive". Anyway, gotta go. Enjoy your day...:)

You're right you didn't mention any brand but told him to check out the competition, neither Windows phone or blackberry are currently competition to the iPhone, leaving only android. lol. My bad I just assumed that is what you were implying there.

I agree that All phones are missing something so suggesting going to a different brand just because someone complained about one thing missing isn't going to help when the COMPETITION is likely to be missing other points as well.

I guess the iPhone is just that close to being perfect to some if ois is the only thing to complain about.

Anyways, have a nice day too.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site

You're joking right? The OP didn't make that comment in a general sense to point out that there are no perfect devices...he did it to take a pot shot specifically at the iPhone itself and stir the pot, which is why he got the response he did.

Nobody is asking every person in this community to have "glowing opinions" of all Apple products...but the heavy hitters in the community aren't just going to sit back when someone does a drive by post like this which is done for the reaction and not for the actual discussion...and during a product release, it happens very frequently, which is why you see it so much this time of year.

None of us on iMore are invested heavily enough to give a crap when people have simple negative opinions about their products...but when you stroll in here with non-sense, you're going to get called out, or at the very least, retorted with an expectation of discussion or clarification.

wolfedude88

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site

You're joking right? The OP didn't make that comment in a general sense to point out that there are no perfect devices...he did it to take a pot shot specifically at the iPhone itself and stir the pot, which is why he got the response he did.

Nobody is asking every person in this community to have "glowing opinions" of all Apple products...but the heavy hitters in the community aren't just going to sit back when someone does a drive by post like this which is done for the reaction and not for the actual discussion...and during a product release, it happens very frequently, which is why you see it so much this time of year.

None of us on iMore are invested heavily enough to give a crap when people have simple negative opinions about their products...but when you stroll in here with non-sense, you're going to get called out, or at the very least, retorted with an expectation of discussion or clarification.

Definitely not, but hey maybe it's hard for me to see the Sarcasm or the intent in his post while I'm on my phone working the assembly line.

It's all about speed reading and speed typing so I can get my job done. Lol

Davyo

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site

I have the 6s 128gb on order, I had originally ordered the 128gb 6s Plus just because of the OIS on the Plus,,, but after watching a ton of YouTube comparison videos I didn't really that much of a difference between the DIS and the OIS on the 6 vs the 6 Plus.

I also changed my order to the smaller 6s from the 6s Plus because I'm tired of lugging around a phablet,,, my Notes 1, 2. 3 and current Note 4 have got me wanting to go back to a smaller device,, I also had the 6 Plus when it first came out last year but it was bigger than my Note 4 so I returned it.

Time will tell if I can get used to a smaller screen size and also going from Android back to an iPhone.

But with the improved 6s camera I'm hoping its at least equal if not better than the cameras on the Note 4 and Note 5,,,, the Note 5 camera is jaw dropping, so I'm really hoping the 6s camera really brings it.

Cheers
Davyo

On a side note, I love my iPads more than my Android tablets.

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site

I have the 6s 128gb on order, I had originally ordered the 128gb 6s Plus just because of the OIS on the Plus,,, but after watching a ton of YouTube comparison videos I didn't really that much of a difference between the DIS and the OIS on the 6 vs the 6 Plus.

I also changed my order to the smaller 6s from the 6s Plus because I'm tired of lugging around a phablet,,, my Notes 1, 2. 3 and current Note 4 have got me wanting to go back to a smaller device,, I also had the 6 Plus when it first came out last year but it was bigger than my Note 4 so I returned it.

Time will tell if I can get used to a smaller screen size and also going from Android back to an iPhone.

But with the improved 6s camera I'm hoping its at least equal if not better than the cameras on the Note 4 and Note 5,,,, the Note 5 camera is jaw dropping, so I'm really hoping the 6s camera really brings it.

Cheers
Davyo

On a side note, I love my iPads more than my Android tablets.

I know that in my experience with the 6 and 6 Plus, I did not notice a difference in photo quality in favorable lighting conditions. I did notice a difference in low light but the difference was negligible. It was not a case where OIS made a poor photo, good. It made a poor photo slightly less poor.

I'm not certain if it's a case where the electronic image stabilization process on the 6 is just that good, if it's that OIS is a bit underwhelming, or a combination. But the I found the difference between the two to be slight.

I know from reading past posts that you put a lot of priority on the camera so I'm looking forward to hearing your thoughts once you've had a chance to use the 6S. I too prefer not to lug around a phablet so I'm going 6S as well. Good luck and I hope it meets your needs!!

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site

I haven't noticed the difference between the two at all. I had the iPhone 6 Plus first and then switched to the 6. I thought it was going to make a difference in video quality but it didn't. Or at least it didn't seem that way. Much happier with the 6.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site

That's nothing, you should check out the other Mobile Nations sites (Crackberry, Android Central and WP). Now they are the epitome of being defensive....LOL

HA!!!! Yeah....unbelievably defensive.

They get wrapped around the axle over a signature that insults no one and simply says "gee I love my phone." That's considered provocative in some.

Sent from my GORGEOUS, SEXY, AWESOME Gold 128G iPhone 6 while I wait for my NEW AWESOME GORGEOUS SEXY 128GB iPhone 6s Plus in Rose Gold

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site

True most of society has formed cults over mobile devices these days.....

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

And, for the 6 models one can use the apps Cortex Cam and/or Hydra for low light shots. Cortex Cam is great.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2