Rose Gold vs Gold (iPhone 6S): is the rose gold too pink for a guy?

I

iMore Question

I can't decide between a Rose Gold or Gold iPhone 6S+. Is the Rose Gold to pink for a guy? I like the Rose Gold but it seems to be made more for a girl. Opinions?

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
Rose Gold vs Gold (iPhone 6S)

Honestly, no one can really answer this for you. I'm a girl and dislike anything pink or white bezeled.

However, the rose gold is a new color that is going to be quite popular. So if you get it and dislike it, I'd think it would be easy to flip.

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Re: Rose Gold vs Gold (iPhone 6S)

Just get whatever the bleep you want and ignore any wazoo aperture that gives you any flack about it.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Rose Gold vs Gold (iPhone 6S)

I can't decide between a Rose Gold or Gold iPhone 6S+. Is the Rose Gold to pink for a guy? I like the Rose Gold but it seems to be made more for a girl. Opinions?

Personally, I think the rose gold looks too girly for 'me'. Having said that, if I were looking to purchase the new iPhone 6 or 6 Plus, and if the rose gold color appealed to me, I would definitely buy it and not care what anyone else thought. Anyway, you can always put a case on it...:)

Last edited:

Smply_Rckless

Nov 10, 2014
Visit site

Get whatever color u want & who cares what anyone thinks

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus  using Tapatalk

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site

I stopped worrying about what other people think a long time ago. I buy what I like...PERIOD. If you like the Rose Gold 6s/6s Plus ...Get it.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

It's too girly for me. But so are the rainbows and pastels Apple so likes. That's me. It's what you like that matters.

Sekelani Zwambila

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site

I got the rose gold just to try something new. Yeah some may say it's girly but I really don't care. It's my money and I work hard for it. Go with your gut and think about YOU!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

I got the rose gold just to try something new. Yeah some may say it's girly but I really don't care. It's my money and I work hard for it. Go with your gut and think about YOU!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

'Nuf said...;)

zhelf

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2009
Visit site
Re: Rose Gold vs Gold (iPhone 6S): is the rose gold to pink for a guy?

If your unsure about the color in person it appears to be the same shade as on the rose gold apple watch sport if you can check that out in store. Personally it looks pink to me not really rose gold like the watch edition. As a guy I would choose the gold over rose gold but that's just me and I only use space gray the white devices are beautiful but I get sick of them quick for some reason lol. Don't care about what anyone says get what makes you happy and if it makes you feel better apple even shows a guy using it in the commercial so

Posted via the iMore App for Android

GeminiMarz

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site

Nobody can really answer for what YOU want, OP. Get whatever you desire, it's YOUR choice, YOUR money, and YOUR prerogative. Hope you enjoy it if you get it tho!

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site

If you get the rose gold and you come show it to me because you really like it, I am going to be happy for you regardless if you are male, female, or trans.

If you get the rose gold and you worry about what I might think because you fear a color defines you then yes, I will make fun of you until the cows come home because I am that guy ;)

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site

If you get the rose gold and you come show it to me because you really like it, I am going to be happy for you regardless if you are male, female, or trans.

If you get the rose gold and you worry about what I might think because you fear a color defines you then yes, I will make fun of you until the cows come home because I am that guy ;)

LMBO!!!

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com

I'm a guy and I'd get the Rose Gold any day over the Gold. The Gold looks gaudy to me. The great thing about opinions is we all have one, and in cases like this nobody is right or wrong. Just personal preference. All I can say is I wouldn't worry about what makes a person look "girly". We're too old for that.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site

Is pink an effeminate color? Unquestionably. Does the rose gold color on the new iPhone fall closely in hue to pink? Sure.

Does that make the iPhone in rose gold effeminate? Who cares? If you like rose gold, get rose gold. I personally didn't get it...not because I thought it looked "girly", but because I thought it looked like crap.

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site

I don't like the look of the pink iPhone at all. I prefer the gold. the good news is, I can get the one I want. I have had people ridicule me over my choice. I honestly don't care what they think.

Get whichever one you like the most. It's what I did and I don't regret my decision.

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site

get what you want. i'm a girl and i'm still unsure. i will just wait until i see it in person to decide. dudes wear pink shirts and no one says anything.

SaMaster14

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site

I don't think it's too pink.

I have a Space Gray 6 currently, and I was really torn between the Gold and Rose Gold 6S Plus. I personally went for the Gold this time around, but that's not to say I didn't really consider the Rose Gold

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox