Credit Check Qualifications for update program?

EpicInUtah

Oct 16, 2011
Visit site
Anyone have any idea what type of check they are going to go do for the update program? I don't want to drive 90 minutes to my closest apple store on launch day to only be disappointed w/ a decline.

JakePleasants

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
I could be wrong, but I feel like they would've mentioned it somewhere if there was going to be a credit check. I think they'd just blacklist and kill your phone if you stopped paying.

SwitchBeach

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
I could be wrong, but I feel like they would've mentioned it somewhere if there was going to be a credit check. I think they'd just blacklist and kill your phone if you stopped paying.

Yep. You are wrong.

iPhone Upgrade Program - Apple
"The iPhone Upgrade Program is available to qualified customers only with a valid U.S. personal credit card. Requires a 24-month installment loan with a 0% Annual Percentage Rate from Citizens Bank, N.A. (subject to any interest, fees, or other costs payable to the issuer of the credit card), purchase of AppleCare+, and iPhone activation with a national carrier — AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile, or Verizon. Full terms apply. "

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
They wouldn't just give a $700+ device out to just anyone. I can't imagine such a huge company not running credit..

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk.

o4liberty

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
The credit standard is not that high I would say as long as your FICO score is above 600 you should be OK.

Posted via the iMore App

JakePleasants

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
Yep. You are wrong.

iPhone Upgrade Program - Apple
"The iPhone Upgrade Program is available to qualified customers only with a valid U.S. personal credit card. Requires a 24-month installment loan with a 0% Annual Percentage Rate from Citizens Bank, N.A. (subject to any interest, fees, or other costs payable to the issuer of the credit card), purchase of AppleCare+, and iPhone activation with a national carrier — AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile, or Verizon. Full terms apply. "

I stand corrected. I just thought it would've been worth mentioning, but I guess it would ruin the momentum of the presentation to specify that qualified customers only can take part.

Quigon007

Sep 15, 2015
Visit site
Well I spoke to Apple. Tech the loan is through Citizen Bank. I assume it's 0% APR and they do a credit check to make sure you pay your credit card and they never have to worry about you maxing your credit limit. They charge you your monthly payments. After 12 months paying off your iPhone you can upgrade to the next version as Apple pays Citizen Bank the other half of your phone for you. Unlike Verizon who makes their customers pay them on what they owe on the phone before upgrading.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner