From Android To iPhone.

AndroidDario

Aug 17, 2015
Visit site
Two years ago I switched to Android. My iPhone 5 was too close and I wanted a bigger screen. My actual Nexus 5 is great, and I like Android and its customization. After two years I am thinking of coming back to Apple. I use my phone for working and free time. I have some questions on the new iOS 9:
1) widgets on iOS. How do they work? Of course they aren't like the Android ones, so I wonder how they look like and how they work.
2) is iTunes still necessary for syncing and transfer ringtones and other stuff?
3) iCloud free space is going to finish very shortly, does Apple offers more space without spending too much?
4) last but not least, do you think the new iPhone 6S is a good choice for coming back to Apple? "7" is coming...
Thank you for your advices.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
1) Widgets are primarily cored in the notification center where they act as "real time" graphical notifications and tickers.

2) iTunes is still required for syncing files from a computer, so if your ringtones are located on a computer, the answer is yes.

3) Yes, you can buy various amounts of iCloud storage plans...I have a 20GB plan that is $0.99/month.

4) The 6S/6S+ is the best iPhone Apple has made so far (in regards to feature sets)...and given the similarities to the previous model, which in my opinion was the best iPhone all around, I'd say it's a great time to get back into the device. There is no iPhone 7 at this time so I don't feel it's relevant to anything at all.

o4liberty

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
Being a long time Android and Blackberry user I can tell you that Apple products are far superior as far as everyday performance goes, to me Android is still to glitchy of a operating system. With Apple they make their own products unlike Android device where there are many different manufactures.

AndroidDario

Aug 17, 2015
Visit site
Being a long time Android and Blackberry user I can tell you that Apple products are far superior as far as everyday performance goes, to me Android is still to glitchy of a operating system. With Apple they make their own products unlike Android device where there are many different manufactures.

I used to be a iPhone user since iPhone 3, but I found myself looking for something new, that's why I switched to Android. iPhones are beautiful but they cost a lot.

ReggieTee

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
I used to be a iPhone user since iPhone 3, but I found myself looking for something new, that's why I switched to Android. iPhones are beautiful but they cost a lot.

I'm an Android fan and preorderd the 6S+. I'm going to try it for the trial period, 20 days, since I ordered over the phone from T-Mobile. If I like it, i'll keep it. If not, I'll go back to my Note 4.

AndroidDario

Aug 17, 2015
Visit site
I'm an Android fan and preorderd the 6S+. I'm going to try it for the trial period, 20 days, since I ordered over the phone from T-Mobile. If I like it, i'll keep it. If not, I'll go back to my Note 4.

Great chance for testing a new device! Here, in Italy, this would sound like madness!

Davyo

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site

I'm on the same page, except I ordered the 128gb 6s, not the Plus,,, if I don't like the the 6s I'll return it, go back to my Note 4 and then trade it right away for the Note 5 with my T-Mobile jump plan.

Cheers
Davyo

bauger34

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
Switching from a Moto X 2014 to the iPhone 6s. This will be my very first iPhone as I've had 5 straight Android based phones.
I still love Android and will keep my Moto X. I'm just over the ability to customize your phone however you want. I now need something that is just reliable and performs well. Looking forward to getting used to iOS.

Posted via the iMore App for Android

xikle

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
Same here except I'm coming from a Nexus 6. I ordered an iPhone 6 last year, but ended up giving to my wife to upgrade her from her old 5c. Curious to see how iOS9 works with the new hardware, and to try the new Move to iOS app that Apple came up with.

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
1) Widgets are primarily cored in the notification center where they act as "real time" graphical notifications and tickers.

2) iTunes is still required for syncing files from a computer, so if your ringtones are located on a computer, the answer is yes.

3) Yes, you can buy various amounts of iCloud storage plans...I have a 20GB plan that is $0.99/month.

4) The 6S/6S+ is the best iPhone Apple has made so far (in regards to feature sets)...and given the similarities to the previous model, which in my opinion was the best iPhone all around, I'd say it's a great time to get back into the device. There is no iPhone 7 at this time so I don't feel it's relevant to anything at all.

In regards to #3 the 20GB for $0.99 is now upgraded to 50GB for the same price.

The Lannisters send their regards.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods