iPhone 6S/plus Is it selling?? Or did Apple actually order enough units?

iphoneV

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
Just wondering cause usually Apple products sell out pretty quickly and it seems both phones are still avail for pick up/ delivery for the 25th? What are your thoughts??? Let me know.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
It's possible that Apple has ordered enough...but last season, people were still reporting launch day shipping dates all the way up to the day of launch. THENNNNNNN the angry posts started coming out from people who thought they were getting it on launch day and turns out, they weren't...or the people who went to the Apple store and saw the pre-order "reservation" line and were like WTF!?

I hope Apple handled it with a larger flood of supply this time, since that seems to be the big irritation every year.

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
It's possible that Apple has ordered enough...but last season, people were still reporting launch day shipping dates all the way up to the day of launch. THENNNNNNN the angry posts started coming out from people who thought they were getting it on launch day and turns out, they weren't...or the people who went to the Apple store and saw the pre-order "reservation" line and were like WTF!?

I hope Apple handled it with a larger flood of supply this time, since that seems to be the big irritation every year.

They seemed to do really well with the 6s, it's the plus that already seems backordered. Ah well, each release they gather market info. It appears they are getting better and better right?

Sent from my iPad Mini 3 using Tapatalk. 🖖

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
They seemed to do really well with the 6s, it's the plus that already seems backordered. Ah well, each release they gather market info. It appears they are getting better and better right?

Sent from my iPad Mini 3 using Tapatalk. ��

And you know, that could be a large influx of migrators from other platforms (who are used to larger screen'ed devices) continuing to switch to iOS. I think the fact that any of them are back ordered kind of says that Apple is doing just fine, as usual, lol!

iphoneV

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
wait what???

So i still have to make a line even i reserved my phone for a specific time? I certainly hope i read that wrong..

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Really? That sucks if true.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
As you're local, I was planning to go to the Galleria. I called them AND went there and they told me that this year it was a reservation situation. If you didn't do reservations, you won't get one day of. Now, I am "hoping" they are wrong, but I am pretty much expecting I won't be seeing one unless I get lucky in the next few days. I will probably stalk online and try for one of those things where someone over reserved.

I can't find anything on this. The lines are what iPhone day iPhone day.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
agreed. I called both Apple AND spoke to Apple Stores and went to an apple store.

Something I did find out, though, that I am hoping works out for me, is that if you miss your reservation, your phone goes back out into open stock.

firstborn80

Feb 27, 2015
Visit site
As you're local, I was planning to go to the Galleria. I called them AND went there and they told me that this year it was a reservation situation. If you didn't do reservations, you won't get one day of. Now, I am "hoping" they are wrong, but I am pretty much expecting I won't be seeing one unless I get lucky in the next few days. I will probably stalk online and try for one of those things where someone over reserved.

Wow! I was planning to go by the Galleria on release just to see the line. I wonder if it's something each store decides. I also wonder if West County mall is doing the same thing.

Again, if true there is going to be some ticked off folks.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
wait what???

So i still have to make a line even i reserved my phone for a specific time? I certainly hope i read that wrong..

I live in a larger market city (Atlanta) so there are lines for reservations. They aren't anywhere near as long as the standard waiting lines have been historically, but I remember the last time I did wait in a line, the reservation line had about 20-30 people in it (but was moving about 5 people for every 1 that was moving through the normal line).

I mean this shouldn't be a surprise...if you've ever had a genius bar appointment, you'd know that while you will probably be seen very quickly once you check in at your reservation time, chances are you won't be seen immediately.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
I'll probably be called a fanboy for posting something positive about the iPhone 6S/6S Plus sales, but here goes... from the unnamed "Apple spokesman":

Customer response to iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus has been extremely positive and preorders this weekend were very strong around the world. We are on pace to beat last year's 10 million unit first-weekend record when the new iPhones go on sale September 25.

As many customers noticed, the online demand for iPhone 6s Plus has been exceptionally strong and exceeded our own forecasts for the preorder period. We are working to catch up as quickly as we can, and we will have iPhone 6s Plus as well as iPhone 6s units available at Apple retail stores when they open next Friday.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Wait a minute, NO LINES for pick up on the 25th. There goes my plans if this is true. Hummm, what about customers with device trade in, new accounts, switching carriers, ectera, ectera. NOT sure this is true.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
According to the top of the hour radio news I just heard, Apple is on track to exceed the last best ever preorder and debut weekend... in other words, "Apple is doomed"...

54473043.jpg

mikeo007

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
According to Apple's press release, it looks like it will be over 10 million pre-orders, making it the most successful iPhone pre-order ever.
So I'm gonna say that they've gotten even better at inventory.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jobaeit