iPhone 6S/plus Is it selling?? Or did Apple actually order enough units?

pantlesspenguin

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
And you know, that could be a large influx of migrators from other platforms (who are used to larger screen'ed devices) continuing to switch to iOS. I think the fact that any of them are back ordered kind of says that Apple is doing just fine, as usual, lol!

I fall into this category :). This will be my first iPhone after 5 years on Android.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Interesting info re: shipping dates for iPhone 6S Plus:
All carriers, world-wide are reporting 3-4 week ship for the 6S Plus as of this afternoon.

The iPhone 6S is also starting to show slippage in ship dates for some models/sizes/carriers/locations.

Take this for what you will.

Apple News: iPhone 6s Pre-Order Tracker

CKisses

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
i kinda wonder if that's the reason for the extra week between pre-order & launch day this year. gives them more time to gage the pre-order demand & an extra week to tweak production for certain configurations so more ppl get their phones on time ( or closer to it)

just my thoughts....

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
i kinda wonder if that's the reason for the extra week between pre-order & launch day this year. gives them more time to gage the pre-order demand & an extra week to tweak production for certain configurations so more ppl get their phones on time ( or closer to it)

just my thoughts....

Lead time for those kind of "tweaks" is more than a week... :)

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
wait what???

So i still have to make a line even i reserved my phone for a specific time? I certainly hope i read that wrong..

I've just been into my local Apple Store and they confirmed that if you reserved a phone for a time-slot, you can just walk in and get it at the correct time. No waiting in line for you.

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
Interesting info re: shipping dates for iPhone 6S Plus:
All carriers, world-wide are reporting 3-4 week ship for the 6S Plus as of this afternoon.

The iPhone 6S is also starting to show slippage in ship dates for some models/sizes/carriers/locations.

Take this for what you will.

Apple News: iPhone 6s Pre-Order Tracker

That rose gold, I definitely saw that coming. Next to back order the 6s rose gold will be AT&T....

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
I live in a larger market city (Atlanta) so there are lines for reservations. They aren't anywhere near as long as the standard waiting lines have been historically, but I remember the last time I did wait in a line, the reservation line had about 20-30 people in it (but was moving about 5 people for every 1 that was moving through the normal line).

I mean this shouldn't be a surprise...if you've ever had a genius bar appointment, you'd know that while you will probably be seen very quickly once you check in at your reservation time, chances are you won't be seen immediately.

I didn't get my 6 until the beginning of October last year. The only way I got in that day is b/c I know a supervisor at the Lenox Store and he held a reservation for me. (Shhh I think he could get in trouble for that.). Anyway, there was a line for reservations all the way into October was the point I was trying to make.

mnicole03

Sep 15, 2014
Visit site
I feel like they've done better this year because even though I'm back ordered since I'm getting the plus from AT&T,I atleast got October dates as opposed to the thanksgiving/December dates I got last year 💀

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Wow! I was planning to go by the Galleria on release just to see the line. I wonder if it's something each store decides. I also wonder if West County mall is doing the same thing.

Again, if true there is going to be some ticked off folks.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk
So I just spoke again with someone else at the Galleria. She told me they would be allowing for a lineup, and she didn't know how much of a supply they'd have day-of. The mall would open at 6am, but again, no guarantee of stock. I am not sure if it's worth it.

I also was told that if I buy it for shipping and then try to return and rebuy I have a 50-50 shot of them allowing me to do so.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
So I just spoke again with someone else at the Galleria. She told me they would be allowing for a lineup, and she didn't know how much of a supply they'd have day-of. The mall would open at 6am, but again, no guarantee of stock. I am not sure if it's worth it.

I also was told that if I buy it for shipping and then try to return and rebuy I have a 50-50 shot of them allowing me to do so.

Are you talking Glendale Galleria? If so, I'd just assume they're going to have plenty of stock on launch day.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
No. St. Louis. And she said not sure but they aren't expecting much for those without pre-sale reservations.

Oh, okay. Whenever I read or hear "galleria" it makes me think of the Glendale Galleria here in So Cal. They're notorious for having a ton of stock on release days.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Are you talking Glendale Galleria? If so, I'd just assume they're going to have plenty of stock on launch day.

No. St. Louis. And she said not sure but they aren't expecting much for those without pre-sale reservations.

Oh, okay. Whenever I read or hear "galleria" it makes me think of the Glendale Galleria here in So Cal. They're notorious for having a ton of stock on release days.

That's funny. The only Apple store in Indianapolis (my home town) is in a mall called the Glendale Galleria.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I swear there's a Galleria in every major city, and it's always got an Apple store.

Atlanta's galleria doesn't have one, but the mall that is like 200 yards from it does (as of last year). To be fair, that galleria is very quickly being acclimated into the new Braves stadium, so there hasn't been much development in that thing for years.

stlcheer

Oct 23, 2009
Visit site
That sucks. I was hoping to go there or to west county if my preorder from AT&T didn't arrive on the 25th.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

firstborn80

Feb 27, 2015
Visit site

What color are you planning to get? If it's a common color or size I would go for it. She told you something different from what the previous rep told you. They probably don't know to be honest.

Good luck with whatever you decide. I hope you get the phone you want!

firstborn80

Feb 27, 2015
Visit site
That sucks. I was hoping to go there or to west county if my preorder from AT&T didn't arrive on the 25th.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've done the line at the Galleria on release day but never West County Mall. I'll bet it isn't as crazy at WC.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro