Apple ordered enough supply to ensure that our Jewish friends could still pre-order for launch day delivery.

http://forums.imore.com/general-appl...i-semetic.html
    Damnit! I wish I saw that thread before it was closed to make a joke!
    msm0511 likes this.
    09-14-2015 04:20 PM
    wait what???

So i still have to make a line even i reserved my phone for a specific time? I certainly hope i read that wrong..
    I've just been into my local Apple Store and they confirmed that if you reserved a phone for a time-slot, you can just walk in and get it at the correct time. No waiting in line for you.
    09-14-2015 06:03 PM
    Interesting info re: shipping dates for iPhone 6S Plus:
    All carriers, world-wide are reporting 3-4 week ship for the 6S Plus as of this afternoon.

The iPhone 6S is also starting to show slippage in ship dates for some models/sizes/carriers/locations.

Take this for what you will.

Apple News: iPhone 6s Pre-Order Tracker
    That rose gold, I definitely saw that coming. Next to back order the 6s rose gold will be AT&T....
    09-14-2015 07:02 PM
    I live in a larger market city (Atlanta) so there are lines for reservations. They aren't anywhere near as long as the standard waiting lines have been historically, but I remember the last time I did wait in a line, the reservation line had about 20-30 people in it (but was moving about 5 people for every 1 that was moving through the normal line).

I mean this shouldn't be a surprise...if you've ever had a genius bar appointment, you'd know that while you will probably be seen very quickly once you check in at your reservation time, chances are you won't be seen immediately.
    I didn't get my 6 until the beginning of October last year. The only way I got in that day is b/c I know a supervisor at the Lenox Store and he held a reservation for me. (Shhh I think he could get in trouble for that.). Anyway, there was a line for reservations all the way into October was the point I was trying to make.
    09-14-2015 08:46 PM
    I feel like they've done better this year because even though I'm back ordered since I'm getting the plus from AT&T,I atleast got October dates as opposed to the thanksgiving/December dates I got last year 💀
    09-14-2015 08:53 PM
    Wow! I was planning to go by the Galleria on release just to see the line. I wonder if it's something each store decides. I also wonder if West County mall is doing the same thing.

Again, if true there is going to be some ticked off folks.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk
    So I just spoke again with someone else at the Galleria. She told me they would be allowing for a lineup, and she didn't know how much of a supply they'd have day-of. The mall would open at 6am, but again, no guarantee of stock. I am not sure if it's worth it.

I also was told that if I buy it for shipping and then try to return and rebuy I have a 50-50 shot of them allowing me to do so.
    09-16-2015 12:34 PM
    So I just spoke again with someone else at the Galleria. She told me they would be allowing for a lineup, and she didn't know how much of a supply they'd have day-of. The mall would open at 6am, but again, no guarantee of stock. I am not sure if it's worth it.

I also was told that if I buy it for shipping and then try to return and rebuy I have a 50-50 shot of them allowing me to do so.
    Are you talking Glendale Galleria? If so, I'd just assume they're going to have plenty of stock on launch day.
    09-16-2015 01:22 PM
    Are you talking Glendale Galleria? If so, I'd just assume they're going to have plenty of stock on launch day.
    No. St. Louis. And she said not sure but they aren't expecting much for those without pre-sale reservations.
    09-16-2015 01:34 PM
    No. St. Louis. And she said not sure but they aren't expecting much for those without pre-sale reservations.
    Oh, okay. Whenever I read or hear "galleria" it makes me think of the Glendale Galleria here in So Cal. They're notorious for having a ton of stock on release days.
    09-16-2015 01:35 PM
    Oh, okay. Whenever I read or hear "galleria" it makes me think of the Glendale Galleria here in So Cal. They're notorious for having a ton of stock on release days.
    That's funny. The only Apple store in Indianapolis (my home town) is in a mall called the Glendale Galleria.
    BreakingKayfabe likes this.
    09-16-2015 01:40 PM
    I swear there's a Galleria in every major city, and it's always got an Apple store.
    ladyc0524 and firstborn80 like this.
    09-16-2015 02:59 PM
    I swear there's a Galleria in every major city, and it's always got an Apple store.

Atlanta's galleria doesn't have one, but the mall that is like 200 yards from it does (as of last year). To be fair, that galleria is very quickly being acclimated into the new Braves stadium, so there hasn't been much development in that thing for years.
    09-16-2015 06:00 PM
    That sucks. I was hoping to go there or to west county if my preorder from AT&T didn't arrive on the 25th.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    firstborn80 likes this.
    09-16-2015 07:35 PM

What color are you planning to get? If it's a common color or size I would go for it. She told you something different from what the previous rep told you. They probably don't know to be honest.

Good luck with whatever you decide. I hope you get the phone you want!

09-16-2015 08:37 PM
    That sucks. I was hoping to go there or to west county if my preorder from AT&T didn't arrive on the 25th.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I've done the line at the Galleria on release day but never West County Mall. I'll bet it isn't as crazy at WC.

09-16-2015 08:39 PM
    What color are you planning to get? If it's a common color or size I would go for it. She told you something different from what the previous rep told you. They probably don't know to be honest.

Good luck with whatever you decide. I hope you get the phone you want!
    I am looking for a Space Gray 6S 128.

I've done the line at the Galleria on release day but never West County Mall. I'll bet it isn't as crazy at WC.

I've never done either. Last year to pick up the preorder was RIDICULOUS at the Galleria though.
    09-16-2015 09:03 PM
    I've never done either. Last year to pick up the preorder was RIDICULOUS at the Galleria though.
    I'm trying pickup at West County Mall this year after work. I am guessing I will regret it, but I really want to see the rose gold in person before deciding. Will report back.
    09-17-2015 01:00 PM
    please do. parking there makes me wish i was dead
    firstborn80 likes this.
    09-17-2015 01:27 PM
    Wait a minute, NO LINES for pick up on the 25th. There goes my plans if this is true. Hummm, what about customers with device trade in, new accounts, switching carriers, ectera, ectera. NOT sure this is true.
    No one said "no lines", just available in stores on the 25th. I think. You may get your line after all!
    09-17-2015 03:10 PM
    My friend bailed on waiting, so I am considering going alone. The mall opens at 6, I might go at like 530, though I don't really want to get there and find out that the line started at like midnight.
    09-17-2015 03:50 PM
    Yikes. Not doing that then. I was hoping enough people presaled to avoid a massive line. I am going to just have to figure out how to get one in store somehow. I hope they still offer the reserve online option after launch.
    09-17-2015 05:30 PM
    Last year they had the reserve online option for months after launch. But you had to be quick and check often because as soon as a store updated their stock, they would get bought and then no more for that day.
    My plan right now is basically to sit there and refresh constantly and aim to get one that way. But as I recalled you had to pay at that time, not when you get to the store. I am hoping that changed.
    09-17-2015 07:22 PM
    I think some sites popped up last year that would send notifications (text/email) when your chosen phone was in stock. I don't remember the names though since I already had my phone.
    I don't think this one does texting or notification, but here it is anyway:

SEATURTLE.ORG - iDevice Availability Notifier
    09-17-2015 07:56 PM
48 12