Officially unofficial Shipping Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

nickf126

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
I completed my pre-order with T-Mobile at about 8:00 AM EST today 09/12. It says that I will receive my phone on 09/25, with free shipping (yay).

This leads me to a few questions that I am we can all only speculate about:

1. Does ordering early actually guarantee a phone on launch day?
2. Do you guys think that Apple left more time than usual (2 weeks as opposed to 1 week in the past) to make sure they can fulfill pre-orders?

I know that this is all speculation, but maybe someone has some inside info, or at least it gives us something to talk about while we wait. Cheers all.

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
1) Unless it's backordered, there is a very high probability that it will at least SHIP on the 25th. However, I was told in store that since it's still being shipped, it'll be in hand in about 5 business days after the 25th.

2) I think they definitely gave themselves a little more room to meet demand. I think it's cool how the pre-order date is almost always on my birthday (Today). I'm spoiled.

Sent from my iPad Mini 3 using Tapatalk. 🖖

eprisencc

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
1) Unless it's backordered, there is a very high probability that it will at least SHIP on the 25th. However, I was told in store that since it's still being shipped, it'll be in hand in about 5 business days after the 25th.

2) I think they definitely gave themselves a little more room to meet demand. I think it's cool how the pre-order date is almost always on my birthday (Today). I'm spoiled.

Apple always ships before the release date so its on your door by the day it is released.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
Apple always ships before the release date so its on your door by the day it is released.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Apple directly? I wonder if that's the same for carriers, I was told it's not.

Couldn't order mine directly through Apple. Had to do it through T-Mobile due to it being a non-JUMP upgrade.

mnicole03

Sep 15, 2014
Visit site
I completed my pre-order with T-Mobile at about 8:00 AM EST today 09/12. It says that I will receive my phone on 09/25, with free shipping (yay).

This leads me to a few questions that I am we can all only speculate about:

1. Does ordering early actually guarantee a phone on launch day?
2. Do you guys think that Apple left more time than usual (2 weeks as opposed to 1 week in the past) to make sure they can fulfill pre-orders?

I know that this is all speculation, but maybe someone has some inside info, or at least it gives us something to talk about while we wait. Cheers all.

I feel like it depends who you order from honestly. Seems like everyone except people who ordered through AT&T.com or in an AT&T store are getting their phones on launch date. I was still given an October shipping date even though I preordered today due to the 6s+ being back ordered.

olliegrl

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
I ordered with Tmobile Saturday at 7 am 6s 64 GB Rose Gold...when i got my EIP paperwork it said "gold". ugh. so i had to call them back and place a new order. Due to the fact that a whole day had passed, the rose gold was on back order, but she said it would still ship on the 25th.

Even with the first order, the rep told me that i'd have the phone no later than the 27th. so it seems like a crap shoot.

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I found out after the fact that you could preorder and reserve for in store payment, and it was way too late to do anything about it, but the rep told me they're at the October 27th Ship Date already, with the November ship dates already closing in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2