Every year it happens, and every year we post the same post so that people don't do it...

DON'T POST PICTURES WITH YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION ON THEM!

...the pre-order screens shots are exciting to share with each other, but many times they'll include phone #'s, addresses, even pieces of your payment information...and in an age where identity fraud is about as common as taking a breath, you have to be super careful not to give the thieves a head start!

Good luck tonight guys and gals! Let the pre-order hunger games BEGIN! (and may timing be ever in your favor)

wolfedude88, LadiJae and EmceeGeek like this.
    09-11-2015 06:33 PM
    THAT's a relief. I was afraid you were posting about your prostate again. #whew! #bulletDodged
    Ledsteplin and DaPhoneking like this.
    09-11-2015 06:43 PM
    THAT's a relief. I was afraid you were posting about your prostate again. #whew! #bulletDodged
    Check your PM's.
    09-11-2015 06:48 PM
    I got mine this morning! I've never heard such magical words as "You get free expedited shipping which means you'll have your phone no later than the 27th." Until she said "And since you preordered in the first 48 hours, you're guaranteed a device."

Less than 2 weeks before I can trade in my crusty (but still trusty) iPhone 5!
    09-12-2015 04:55 PM
    Every year it happens, and every year we post the same post so that people don't do it...

DON'T POST PICTURES WITH YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION ON THEM!

...the pre-order screens shots are exciting to share with each other, but many times they'll include phone #'s, addresses, even pieces of your payment information...and in an age where identity fraud is about as common as taking a breath, you have to be super careful not to give the thieves a head start!

Good luck tonight guys and gals! Let the pre-order hunger games BEGIN! (and may timing be ever in your favor)

Thanks a lot Sean. Now we won't be able to call Apple and randomly cancel orders .
    09-12-2015 05:16 PM
    So whats the best way to handle my situation. I would prefer to in the end taking advantage of apples purchase program. I am hooked in to ATT next plan and can pay forward enough of my payments to get me to the point I can trade in. By doing that at the apple store will I still be tied to ATT or will that be enough to let me cut ties to ATT and move to buying direct from apple?
    09-12-2015 06:44 PM
    a contract with apple and a contract with att are completely separate.. remember in the program with att a 1 year trodden you are still in contract until the device is fully paid off. With apple its a new contract that your just starting with apple not for phone service but for the payment of the phone
    09-12-2015 06:59 PM
    So whats the best way to handle my situation. I would prefer to in the end taking advantage of apples purchase program. I am hooked in to ATT next plan and can pay forward enough of my payments to get me to the point I can trade in. By doing that at the apple store will I still be tied to ATT or will that be enough to let me cut ties to ATT and move to buying direct from apple?
    Will it allow you to cut ties with AT&T? I mean I guess you could cut ties with them anytime you want to, but that is totally irrelevant to Apple's upgrade program (which is relevant to the hardware only, not the cellular service itself). If you're on the NEXT plan, my guess is you're under a contract with AT&T, which means to cut ties with them, you'll be paying a early termination fee regardless of whether you get the Apple upgrade plan or not.
    09-12-2015 07:10 PM
    The AT&T Next plan and the new Apple plan are the same. Under the AT&T plan you are ONLY under contract for the phone and not the service. You are free to take your phone to another provider as long as you pay off the phone. You can write AT&T a check for the balance and walk away. If you use the Apple plan you will still need to choose a service provider so you'll still be tied to AT&T, Verizon, or others. I hope that this helps.
    09-12-2015 09:27 PM
    The AT&T Next plan and the new Apple plan are the same. Under the AT&T plan you are ONLY under contract for the phone and not the service. You are free to take your phone to another provider as long as you pay off the phone. You can write AT&T a check for the balance and walk away. If you use the Apple plan you will still need to choose a service provider so you'll still be tied to AT&T, Verizon, or others. I hope that this helps
    But they are not the same at all...the carrier upgrade plans lock you into the carrier service while making payments, and require a phone payoff (which is just a different way of saying ETF, as it has been called for years), the Apple upgrade service simply locks you into payments on the hardware and gives you free reign on what carrier you want to use.
    Anthonyiamador likes this.
    09-12-2015 09:50 PM