Best Buy

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Wasn't Best Buy one of the retailers that did NOT do pre-orders (or very VERY limited pre-orders) for the last couple of years? I remember someone reporting that a Best Buy clerk said they were holding stock for those who came and physically lined up at their store...I could be remembering this completely wrong, but for some reason that stuck out to me when thinking back on Best Buy's iPhone releases.

speedfan1

Oct 10, 2014
Visit site
Wasn't Best Buy one of the retailers that did NOT do pre-orders (or very VERY limited pre-orders) for the last couple of years? I remember someone reporting that a Best Buy clerk said they were holding stock for those who came and physically lined up at their store...I could be remembering this completely wrong, but for some reason that stuck out to me when thinking back on Best Buy's iPhone releases.

Best Buy is doing preorders.

iPhone 6s: The New Apple iPhone - Best Buy

davekr

Jan 9, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone else done a Best Buy pre-order? I did a pre-order with Apple first thing when they went live and I have a phone set to be delivered on the 25th. However, I saw that Best Buy started doing pre-orders, and given that I have about 300.00 in Best Buy gift cards, I thought it would be good to put that toward the phone since I'm buying it full price. I just did this yesterday and when I added the phone to my cart the status said "Pre-order. Pick up on release day, September 25". Also, when I check the status of my order it says "Pre-ordered. Expected release date September, 25." That sounds great, but I'm a bit nervous that it won't be accurate so I'm not sure if I should cancel my Apple pre-order yet. Anyone with experience pre-ordering an iPhone from Best Buy?

W1ck3D86

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
Has anyone else done a Best Buy pre-order? I did a pre-order with Apple first thing when they went live and I have a phone set to be delivered on the 25th. However, I saw that Best Buy started doing pre-orders, and given that I have about 300.00 in Best Buy gift cards, I thought it would be good to put that toward the phone since I'm buying it full price. I just did this yesterday and when I added the phone to my cart the status said "Pre-order. Pick up on release day, September 25". Also, when I check the status of my order it says "Pre-ordered. Expected release date September, 25." That sounds great, but I'm a bit nervous that it won't be accurate so I'm not sure if I should cancel my Apple pre-order yet. Anyone with experience pre-ordering an iPhone from Best Buy?

And what if u don't get it the 25th? Its not like the world gonna end...

Posted via the iMore App for Android

davekr

Jan 9, 2010
Visit site
And what if u don't get it the 25th? Its not like the world gonna end...

Posted via the iMore App for Android

Thanks for the reply. Very helpful. I'd rather not end up having to wait too long to get the phone because I already sold my previous iPhone. I'm currently using a crappy Windows phone and I don't want to use it longer than I have to. I know that my Apple pre-order will come on the 25th, so is it the worst thing for me to try to find out if my Best Buy pre-order might be available on that day as well?

Tundra1976

Sep 18, 2015
Visit site
Yea I also Pre Ordered from Best Buy Sunday night, and cant figure out why they are still accepting pre-orders if everywhere in the US are sold out of the 6PLus. Am I missing something. I also Pre Ordered from ATT two regular sixes just incase Best Buy comes up with a sob story, ( We didn't receive )! Meanwhile they hold the money up so I cant purchase anywhere else. I also sold my iPhone 6 and using a temporary phone.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Yea I also Pre Ordered from Best Buy Sunday night, and cant figure out why they are still accepting pre-orders if everywhere in the US are sold out of the 6PLus. Am I missing something.

You're not really missing something as much as trying to "hope for the best" with Best Buy. And while no where near as frequent as carrier pre-orders have been (complaints wise), I'm guessing Best Buy is just concerned with pre-order numbers vs. actual fulfillment obligations, since they can easily blame it on Apple when they ultimately say "Well we were promised "x" number of units and only got "x"...", which is BS, but how can you prove it, right?

Good luck with that Best Buy stuff. I know it sounds like a broken record at this point, but pre-ordering anywhere except Apple is very much a gamble.

Tundra1976

Sep 18, 2015
Visit site
I called Best Buy and they informed me that they just submit the orders to Apple and one Best Buy in the mall said they haven't had many pre orders for the Plus model, he might have me the 6s in general. I have two pre-ordered from ATT just in case, which Ill give to my son if Best Buy comes through.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW