What glass does the iPhone 6s come with?

I

iMore Question

What glass does the iPhone 6s come with

Does anyone know? It'd be nice to get a screen that will last me a year, even with the toughest cases I need to replace my glass twice a year!

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Re: What glass does the iPhone 6s come with

Does anyone know? It'd be nice to get a screen that will last me a year, even with the toughest cases I need to replace my glass twice a year!

At the 87:37 point of the keynote, Schiller says that it's the "strongest glass in the industry" and that it's made by a dual ion exchange process. That's all that was said. I don't believe that it's sapphire glass because Apple would have trumpeted that fact. It's possibly a next gen gorilla glass, but Apple didn't really tell us.

TLD1

Retired Moderator
Jul 19, 2008
Visit site

At the 87:37 point of the keynote, Schiller says that it's the "strongest glass in the industry" and that it's made by a dual ion exchange process. That's all that was said. I don't believe that it's sapphire glass because Apple would have trumpeted that fact. It's possibly a next gen gorilla glass, but Apple didn't really tell us.

If Schiller had used the name "Gorilla Glass", Apple would have to pay brand royalties. If they use the GG product, but never call it by name, they save big bucks.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site

If Schiller had used the name "Gorilla Glass", Apple would have to pay brand royalties. If they use the GG product, but never call it by name, they save big bucks.

This sounds like utter nonsense to me. Using a brand is what makes you have to pay royalties. Mentioning it or not mentioning it doesn't change this fact.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site

This sounds like utter nonsense to me. Using a brand is what makes you have to pay royalties. Mentioning it or not mentioning it doesn't change this fact.

Exactly. Apple does not include this info in their keynotes and press releases. It has nothing to do with having to pay royalties for naming names. They don't state who makes their parts.

bulldogmsu79

Sep 21, 2015
Visit site
I you google the "dual ion exchange process glass" you will find patents to inventors that are employed by Corning. So pretty sure they are talking about Gorilla Glass 4.

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
I you google the "dual ion exchange process glass" you will find patents to inventors that are employed by Corning. So pretty sure they are talking about Gorilla Glass 4.

I doubt it's gorilla glass four but some other product from corning though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

anon(1733)

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site

Most manufacturers won't state all the parts they use from where because they want you to be under the impression they made the entire device. And most people believe the entire device is made by one company. Truth be told phones are made with parts from many different companies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal