I don't use Siri, Not a fan of that "app." Anyone like @Rene that played with the new phone know if there's any way I can turn that off in 9/on the 6s/6+S?
    09-10-2015 01:48 PM
    I don't see why it won't be a function you can turn off damm near anything
    09-10-2015 01:49 PM
    Not that I go around saying "Hey SiRi" on a regular basis, but it would be nice to disable that new SiRi function.
    09-10-2015 01:53 PM
    I'm positive it can be turned off. And I'm positive I will utilize it. I don't use Siri at all.
    09-10-2015 02:00 PM
    I don't see why it won't be a function you can turn off damm near anything
    I used to think that too. But one thing that drives me nuts about the Plus is the rotating home screen and they still haven't allowed that to be turned off. Curious to see on this one.
    09-10-2015 02:06 PM
    I used to think that too. But one thing that drives me nuts about the Plus is the rotating home screen and they still haven't allowed that to be turned off. Curious to see on this one.
    I keep my screen orientation locked almost 100% of the time. But the things I would do for Apple to let video rotate to landscape even with orientation locked.
    jnew619 likes this.
    09-10-2015 02:13 PM
    Wow, that right. I forgot about that because I keep my 6 Plus in Zoomed Effect and the home screen doesn't rotate with that activated. There should be an on/off function for Standard Effects as well.
    09-10-2015 02:45 PM
    Wow, that right. I forgot about that because I keep my 6 Plus in Zoomed Effect and the home screen doesn't rotate with that activated. There should be an on/off function for Standard Effects as well.
    Wait, it doesn't rotate in zoom? I did NOT know that! I would have gladly left zoom on!
    Spencerdl likes this.
    09-10-2015 03:06 PM
    Wait, it doesn't rotate in zoom? I did NOT know that! I would have gladly left zoom on!
    Correct. I would like mail to rotate zoomed and safari but not the home screen. Safari does rotate in 6+ zoomed. The others do not. Clarification: mail rotates but doesn't provide split view.
    09-10-2015 03:10 PM
    I'm actually excited to use the "Hey Siri" function without it being plugged in...I doubt it will be a mind blowing feature, but it will be nice in the car.
    09-10-2015 04:01 PM
    I'm actually excited to use the "Hey Siri" function without it being plugged in...I doubt it will be a mind blowing feature, but it will be nice in the car.
    Me too. Depending on how well it works, if I can answer a call or change a song while in the pool, in the car, while hands are dirty or wet......I could see it being convenient.
    iwoodland likes this.
    09-10-2015 04:03 PM
    I try not to use my phone in the car, other than thru BT to call someone or answer a call. But otherwise I don't want it somewhere I can be distracted.
    09-10-2015 04:19 PM
    Since there already is a "Hey Siri" option I bet you will be able to turn it off with new version on S as well.

Yet to be seen if there will be a separate option to have Hey Siri on charger setting vs off charger.

I would think those that don't want Hey Siri don't want it in both cases.

TurboTiger likes this.
    09-10-2015 08:14 PM
    I can understand folks wanting the ability to turn it off. I keep Siri silent now so if i accidentally activate it, you cannot hear the voice. But, as long as you don't go around saying "Hey Siri", shouldn't this be a non issue?
    09-10-2015 08:32 PM
    I can understand folks wanting the ability to turn it off. I keep Siri silent now so if i accidentally activate it, you cannot hear the voice. But, as long as you don't go around saying "Hey Siri", shouldn't this be a non issue?
    Great photo on your avatar.
    09-10-2015 09:09 PM
    In iOS 9 GM it's possible to turn Siri completely OFF. I've been playing with the GM all day and I disactivate Siri completely so YES

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk
    09-11-2015 12:46 AM
    I keep my screen orientation locked almost 100% of the time. But the things I would do for Apple to let video rotate to landscape even with orientation locked.
    All you got to do is turn off the screen orientation and your good info it on my plus
    09-11-2015 01:28 AM
    All you got to do is turn off the screen orientation and your good info it on my plus
    That's his point. We don't want to have to keep switching it on or off. It would be desirable to configure what is impacted, and not impacted, by enabling orientation lock so we wouldn't have to keep toggling it in situations.
    BreakingKayfabe likes this.
    09-11-2015 07:13 AM
    I'm new here, switching from a Moto X 2014 to the 6S (first iPhone for me).

Why would you guys want to keep it off? I use the Moto Assist features every now and then, just call out to it (usually to check weather while I get ready in the morning or leave the house) - always on, listening for your keywords. I haven't experienced battery issues with such features, if that's the concern?
    09-16-2015 12:16 AM
    I'd be using it for sure. Always listening is great on my Moto X with Moto Voice, I'd never turn it off
    09-16-2015 01:19 AM
    That's his point. We don't want to have to keep switching it on or off. It would be desirable to configure what is impacted, and not impacted, by enabling orientation lock so we wouldn't have to keep toggling it in situations.
    Ugh. We don't want to keep turning our iPhones from portrait to landscape just to watch a video. That is why there is a rotation lock.
    09-16-2015 09:29 AM

Why would you guys want to keep it off? I use the Moto Assist features every now and then, just call out to it (usually to check weather while I get ready in the morning or leave the house) - always on, listening for your keywords. I haven't experienced battery issues with such features, if that's the concern?
    I don't have a need for it. I have no interest in it. And I don't want something running that I don't use. If I want to check the weather I either look outside, or go on my computer and check weather.com. I search on my own. I don't use voice anything.
    09-16-2015 01:17 PM
    You can turn it on and off in Siri settings. I just did it on my 5.
    ame likes this.
    09-17-2015 12:16 AM

It's really just a matter of preference really...but I tend to agree with you in that if you don't use features like this and you have a desire to turn them off completely instead of trying them out at all to see how they work in your every day life, why even buy the device in the first place? The same kinds of threads popped up when Siri was first introduced, and then when the finger print scanner came out, and then when Apple Pay came out, and I'm sure there will be dozens more.

In the end, it really just comes down to personal preference and decisions on what you want to do with your own device, but at the end of the day, is it really worth the investment in these devices if you're not going to try and get the most use out of the spectrum of new features on them? I think having Siri in an "always on" state makes it INFINITELY more usable than before, and I intend on beating up Siri with requests like never before!
    metalheader likes this.
    09-17-2015 12:51 AM
    I like you, I don't use Siri at all... but somehow this feature seems pretty useful, specially for car accidents or emergencies.
    09-17-2015 12:50 PM
39 12