3D Touch turned out to be disappointing to me. A bunch of short cuts is boring. I'm sure we won't see the real plans for 3D Touch until next year as we are probably beta testers this year much like touch ID.
    Selva Kumar A likes this.
    09-10-2015 07:39 AM
    3D Touch turned out to be disappointing to me. A bunch of short cuts is boring. I'm sure we won't see the real plans for 3D Touch until next year as we are probably beta testers this year much like touch ID.
    I wouldn't necessarily draw such a definitive conclusion on something you haven't even used. I'd be hesitant to write something off based on a short video and 3 minutes of onstage demonstration.
    09-10-2015 07:53 AM
    If you wouldn't, then don't. I am underwhelmed by it.
    09-10-2015 07:55 AM
    I think 3D Touch is going to be great. Moreover, once you start to use it, you might just fall in love.
    09-10-2015 08:00 AM
    I think that will happen next year.
    09-10-2015 08:01 AM
    Lol well thanks for starting such an enlightening thread on your opinion
    ame, Spencerdl, iwoodland and 3 others like this.
    09-10-2015 08:13 AM
    Don't be so sensitive over my opinion of a product you didn't create. Have a good day.
    barondebxl likes this.
    09-10-2015 08:15 AM
    I was not that impressed by 3D touch either but will reserve final judgment until I try it in person. Some of the demonstrations left me thinking whether it really improves things. For example, if you are in your email, why see a preview when it is very fast to open the email and slide from the left side to go back? Or is it really that much faster force touching on the camera app and telling it to open to record video rather than open the camera and slide over to the video? Maybe it is the greatest thing and I just don't know it yet. I am hoping like others have mentioned that this is just the beginning to a better use.
    09-10-2015 08:27 AM
    This is why I think it will be better next year. We are testing it for a year like we did Touch ID.
    09-10-2015 08:28 AM
    Amazing how some who have limited understanding of a new feature want to berate it. 3D Touch is going to be really helpful and time saving now. Will it be improved next year? Probably. Most new features are improved upon. But that in no way diminishes what it can do now.
    09-10-2015 09:25 AM
    Even if it is "just short cuts" I think that makes the phone more efficient. I'm really excited for it personally.
    iwoodland likes this.
    09-10-2015 09:27 AM
    That's like being underwhelmed by a restaurant's food quality because you saw a commercial on TV for it. You don't have experience with it, therefore your conclusion that it is disappointing is drawn in an assumptive way, which really doesn't lend itself to being accurate at all honestly.
    09-10-2015 09:37 AM
    Amazing how some who have limited understanding of a new feature want to berate it. 3D Touch is going to be really helpful and time saving now. Will it be improved next year? Probably. Most new features are improved upon. But that in no way diminishes what it can do now.
    Well said/written....I couldn't have said it better....THANKS
    09-10-2015 09:47 AM
    My main gripe is that from the presentation it doesn't seem much different than a long press. Obviously I haven't tried out the tech yet and will wait to draw a conclusion until then. I wonder how sensitive the screen is in interpreting the various touch inputs now.
    09-10-2015 10:22 AM
    My main gripe is that from the presentation it doesn't seem much different than a long press. Obviously I haven't tried out the tech yet and will wait to draw a conclusion until then. I wonder how sensitive the screen is in interpreting the various touch inputs now.
    This is at least a fair assessment...you acknowledge that you haven't actually used the device yet, so your assumptions could be completely wrong and it could be a marvel of a feature. The OP could learn from this approach.
    09-10-2015 10:24 AM
    I personally welcome the idea of 3D Touch and think it is going to be a really useful in daily use on my iPhone. I think we will learn a lot more as people get a chance to use it hands on, since nothing is the same on paper as in person.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    09-10-2015 10:36 AM
    Im sure Apple is really worried about your comment. They thought you were going to love it. I guess this is Apples end. I think they should hire you if they want to be saved from bankruptcy.
    09-10-2015 03:46 PM
    This forum has become a cult. You guys are a bunch of weirdos. Ask for medicine.
    09-10-2015 05:00 PM
    This forum has become a cult. You guys are a bunch of weirdos. Ask for medicine.
    No personal attacks please. This will not be posted again.
    kpope429 and bobauckland like this.
    09-10-2015 05:02 PM
    This is why I think it will be better next year. We are testing it for a year like we did Touch ID.
    Well what could it have done better?
    Curious if you had a specific expectation or just didn't excite you.

Like adding Apple Pay to TouchID - it's what happens next in OS/APPS that excites me. We won't have to wait a year for that

I was only expecting contextual shortcuts. The preview, launch stuff to me was new and cool.
    09-10-2015 05:05 PM
    Don't be so sensitive over my opinion of a product you didn't create. Have a good day.
    Don't be so sensitive over someone pointing obvious flawed points in your opinion.
    09-10-2015 05:08 PM
    Strange that you'd call a group of people "weirdos" for simply expecting a person to have actually used a feature before making the kind of critical opinion you groundlessly formulated in your posts in this thread.
    Highrisedrifter and kpope429 like this.
    09-10-2015 05:26 PM
    **** off. #banned
    09-10-2015 05:28 PM
    **** off. #banned
    09-10-2015 05:29 PM
    **** off. #banned
    Not yet... you've earned yourself 70 infraction points... the threshold for an automatic ban for 3 days is 100 points... and earned almost enough with this post to get a time-out...
    Spencerdl, Cleveland and swarlos like this.
    09-10-2015 05:31 PM
77 123 ...