3D Touch was disappointing

neurodave

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
I really think the iPhone 7 is going to be disappointing. With it's new look, new features and slightly better battery life, I'm not impressed.

That being said, I won't knock it until I try it. Does it peak my interest? Yes. Am I overwhelmingly excited over it? No. Will it become a useful feature? I'm sure in some cases it will, in others not so much. But all the videos I've seen (and I've seen a dozen or so) don't really do it justice. Not only that, seeing as it's only useful (at the moment) on just native apps, it will be limited. But I'm sure the app makers will follow, as they always do.

Light hold onto your banking app, insert a PIN and you've got account balanced
Hard hold onto the same app, insert a PIN and you can transfer funds

Light hold onto Alien Blue, options to pull up front page or a set location
Hard hold on the same app and you can choose to go to a specific sub

Light hold onto Microsoft Word, a quick list of recent documents you can open
Hard hold on the same, you can create, edit or delete something

The possibilities are endless when you really think about it. You can light/hard press alerts on the main screen, alarms can be either snoozed or turned off, settings can be changed on the fly. It goes on and on and on.

So in conclusion my point is give it time and at the very least wait until you have the phone in your hands before making a FINAL decision.

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I really think the iPhone 7 is going to be disappointing. With it's new look, new features and slightly better battery life, I'm not impressed.

That being said, I won't knock it until I try it. Does it peak my interest? Yes. Am I overwhelmingly excited over it? No. Will it become a useful feature? I'm sure in some cases it will, in others not so much. But all the videos I've seen (and I've seen a dozen or so) don't really do it justice. Not only that, seeing as it's only useful (at the moment) on just native apps, it will be limited. But I'm sure the app makers will follow, as they always do.

Light hold onto your banking app, insert a PIN and you've got account balanced
Hard hold onto the same app, insert a PIN and you can transfer funds

Light hold onto Alien Blue, options to pull up front page or a set location
Hard hold on the same app and you can choose to go to a specific sub

Light hold onto Microsoft Word, a quick list of recent documents you can open
Hard hold on the same, you can create, edit or delete something

The possibilities are endless when you really think about it. You can light/hard press alerts on the main screen, alarms can be either snoozed or turned off, settings can be changed on the fly. It goes on and on and on.

So in conclusion my point is give it time and at the very least wait until you have the phone in your hands before making a FINAL decision.

iPhone 7? You got a time machine over there?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Have you not heard about pre match predictions and all...Learn to differentiate between opinions and facts...

lol...by pre-match predictions you must mean unsubstantiated assumptions...otherwise called non-sense.

I live in reality where we base legitimate opinions on things on actual real world experience, and not mumbo jumbo. Learn how to actually use a product before you start clamoring on about how "gimmicky" they are, or how they have a "long way to go". You have zero personal experience with the device or the 3D Touch function...and the reviews you have to go by are all cookie cutter pre-release reviews.

You have no facts...you have groundless opinions with nothing to personally base them on.

Jude3435

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Lol. Let's try it first, guy. Sees new Star Wars movie immediately hits Internet. Says it "sucks" even before the first screening is over.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro