3D Touch was disappointing

yaynative

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
3D Touch turned out to be disappointing to me. A bunch of short cuts is boring. I'm sure we won't see the real plans for 3D Touch until next year as we are probably beta testers this year much like touch ID.

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
3D Touch turned out to be disappointing to me. A bunch of short cuts is boring. I'm sure we won't see the real plans for 3D Touch until next year as we are probably beta testers this year much like touch ID.

I wouldn't necessarily draw such a definitive conclusion on something you haven't even used. I'd be hesitant to write something off based on a short video and 3 minutes of onstage demonstration.

austriak

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
I was not that impressed by 3D touch either but will reserve final judgment until I try it in person. Some of the demonstrations left me thinking whether it really improves things. For example, if you are in your email, why see a preview when it is very fast to open the email and slide from the left side to go back? Or is it really that much faster force touching on the camera app and telling it to open to record video rather than open the camera and slide over to the video? Maybe it is the greatest thing and I just don't know it yet. I am hoping like others have mentioned that this is just the beginning to a better use.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Amazing how some who have limited understanding of a new feature want to berate it. 3D Touch is going to be really helpful and time saving now. Will it be improved next year? Probably. Most new features are improved upon. But that in no way diminishes what it can do now.

olliegrl

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
Even if it is "just short cuts" I think that makes the phone more efficient. I'm really excited for it personally.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
If you wouldn't, then don't. I am underwhelmed by it.

That's like being underwhelmed by a restaurant's food quality because you saw a commercial on TV for it. You don't have experience with it, therefore your conclusion that it is disappointing is drawn in an assumptive way, which really doesn't lend itself to being accurate at all honestly.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Amazing how some who have limited understanding of a new feature want to berate it. 3D Touch is going to be really helpful and time saving now. Will it be improved next year? Probably. Most new features are improved upon. But that in no way diminishes what it can do now.

Well said/written....I couldn't have said it better....THANKS

mvpilot172

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
My main gripe is that from the presentation it doesn't seem much different than a long press. Obviously I haven't tried out the tech yet and will wait to draw a conclusion until then. I wonder how sensitive the screen is in interpreting the various touch inputs now.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
My main gripe is that from the presentation it doesn't seem much different than a long press. Obviously I haven't tried out the tech yet and will wait to draw a conclusion until then. I wonder how sensitive the screen is in interpreting the various touch inputs now.

This is at least a fair assessment...you acknowledge that you haven't actually used the device yet, so your assumptions could be completely wrong and it could be a marvel of a feature. The OP could learn from this approach.

hearmeoutx

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
I personally welcome the idea of 3D Touch and think it is going to be a really useful in daily use on my iPhone. I think we will learn a lot more as people get a chance to use it hands on, since nothing is the same on paper as in person.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Santiago Piccinini

Sep 10, 2015
Visit site
I?m sure Apple is really worried about your comment. They thought you were going to love it. I guess this is Apple?s end. I think they should hire you if they want to be saved from bankruptcy.

Scatabrain

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
This is why I think it will be better next year. We are testing it for a year like we did Touch ID.

Well what could it have done better?
Curious if you had a specific expectation or just didn't excite you.

Like adding Apple Pay to TouchID - it's what happens next in OS/APPS that excites me. We won't have to wait a year for that

I was only expecting contextual shortcuts. The preview, launch stuff to me was new and cool.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods