this is a interesting topic.. without knowing how it actually feels I did wonder how it would different from a long touch as previously mentioned. Like is it going to be varied results on how hard you press or can a hard press be firm and semi soft? see what I'm saying? like how hard do you have to press. They claimed its natural.. I can't wait until next friday to find out. The one thing I learned in the past is apple most the time perfects this type of thing.. anyone remember the blackberry storm where the screen was a button it ended up being a flop.. just hope this does not turn into that which I don't think it will
    09-19-2015 11:54 PM
    Doubt this will flop like the storm lol. Technology has improved a bit since 2008 don't ha think 😂
    Spencerdl likes this.
    09-20-2015 12:40 AM
    3D Touch is the beauty of Apple and its vision. They introduce a feature that seems subtle, sometimes insignificant. And it becomes a major feature that many fine irreplaceable. I have found this to be true so mNy times with Apple products. I thought this about the iPad. Just thought that it was a bigger iPhone. And it is just a bigger iPhone and I love it. It is my favorite device. I thought this about the Lightning connector. Didn't see what made it so special. Then I realized that I can plug my phone in without looking to see if it is the right side up or not. And the charging port doesn't break like with other smartphones. The home button, Touch ID, non removable battery, no micro sd slot, Siri, etc. at some point I thought all of these things were underwhelming. And today, all of these things make my Apple experience so amazing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    09-20-2015 08:12 AM
    The crazy thing about this topic is that back in 2010 my HTC evo had haptic feedback for typing, sometimes I miss it. I think it wouldn't take much for Apple to include it because now on iOS 9 there is a haptic feedback on the screen when using Siri.
    IF Apple allows developers to access haptic controls we may see a third party keyboard that gives feedback. It would be a nice feature, and you could turn it off if not needed.
    09-21-2015 04:22 AM
    I think the 3D Touch looks awesome, and I'm sure it's already been allowed through developers applications? Which is good, we had to wait 6 months for Apple Watch

09-21-2015 05:27 AM
    Force touch has been disappointing on my macbook; I agree. The most I use it for is the dictionary.

I wish more of the in-crowd people were subject to PUPPAH.

Sent from my smexy T-Mobile Note 5
    Last edited by jdhooghe; 09-21-2015 at 06:32 AM.
    09-21-2015 05:59 AM
    Force touch has been disappointing on my macbook; I agree. The most I use it for is the dictionary.

I wish more of the in-crowd people were subject to PUPPAH.

Sent from my smexy T-Mobile Note 5
    Agreed, it's practically useless on my MacBook. It looks to be more useful on the iPhone, at least in the videos I've seen.
    09-21-2015 08:50 AM
    None of my devices support it, but it does look useful in theory--almost like a right click.

09-21-2015 04:04 PM
    First of all Apple done a lot a research and development before they released the 3D Touch version of the iPhone 6s and I am excited to try out the technology.

I ordered a new 6s 64 in rose gold and I can't wait until it gets here. I have been more then satisfied with my iPhone 6 64 which has performed flawlessly, so the next generation should be great product just like its predecessors.
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    09-21-2015 06:33 PM
    Here's a great article about 3D Touch. It made me truly appreciate it.

http://www.macworld.com/article/2984...ust-right.html

And more explained.
    http://m.imore.com/3d-touch-iphone-6s-explained
    areyes163 likes this.
    09-21-2015 06:35 PM
    3D Touch Turns Your 6s Into A Trackpad. This really is going to be cool.
    https://twitter.com/panzer/status/646424443405729792
    SprSynJn likes this.
    09-23-2015 08:17 AM
    3D Touch Turns Your 6s Into A Trackpad. This really is going to be cool.
    https://twitter.com/panzer/status/646424443405729792
    Ohhh snap why did you post that. Damn I like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ledsteplin likes this.
    09-23-2015 09:11 AM
    My iPad mini 2 does this after the ios9 upgrade

09-23-2015 09:57 AM
    My iPad mini 2 does this after the ios9 upgrade

How?

09-23-2015 10:11 AM
    By holding 2 fingers down on the keyboard

09-23-2015 10:29 AM
    By holding 2 fingers down on the keyboard

That's not the same thing.
    09-23-2015 11:02 AM
    I really think the iPhone 7 is going to be disappointing. With it's new look, new features and slightly better battery life, I'm not impressed.

That being said, I won't knock it until I try it. Does it peak my interest? Yes. Am I overwhelmingly excited over it? No. Will it become a useful feature? I'm sure in some cases it will, in others not so much. But all the videos I've seen (and I've seen a dozen or so) don't really do it justice. Not only that, seeing as it's only useful (at the moment) on just native apps, it will be limited. But I'm sure the app makers will follow, as they always do.

Light hold onto your banking app, insert a PIN and you've got account balanced
    Hard hold onto the same app, insert a PIN and you can transfer funds

Light hold onto Alien Blue, options to pull up front page or a set location
    Hard hold on the same app and you can choose to go to a specific sub

Light hold onto Microsoft Word, a quick list of recent documents you can open
    Hard hold on the same, you can create, edit or delete something

The possibilities are endless when you really think about it. You can light/hard press alerts on the main screen, alarms can be either snoozed or turned off, settings can be changed on the fly. It goes on and on and on.

So in conclusion my point is give it time and at the very least wait until you have the phone in your hands before making a FINAL decision.
    mz_tooocute and ryujkt like this.
    09-23-2015 12:52 PM
    I really think the iPhone 7 is going to be disappointing. With it's new look, new features and slightly better battery life, I'm not impressed.

That being said, I won't knock it until I try it. Does it peak my interest? Yes. Am I overwhelmingly excited over it? No. Will it become a useful feature? I'm sure in some cases it will, in others not so much. But all the videos I've seen (and I've seen a dozen or so) don't really do it justice. Not only that, seeing as it's only useful (at the moment) on just native apps, it will be limited. But I'm sure the app makers will follow, as they always do.

Light hold onto your banking app, insert a PIN and you've got account balanced
    Hard hold onto the same app, insert a PIN and you can transfer funds

Light hold onto Alien Blue, options to pull up front page or a set location
    Hard hold on the same app and you can choose to go to a specific sub

Light hold onto Microsoft Word, a quick list of recent documents you can open
    Hard hold on the same, you can create, edit or delete something

The possibilities are endless when you really think about it. You can light/hard press alerts on the main screen, alarms can be either snoozed or turned off, settings can be changed on the fly. It goes on and on and on.

So in conclusion my point is give it time and at the very least wait until you have the phone in your hands before making a FINAL decision.
    iPhone 7? You got a time machine over there?

TwitchyPuppy likes this.
    09-23-2015 03:29 PM
    I think you missed the joke/sarcasm in my first statement, Lol.
    09-23-2015 08:24 PM
    I think you missed the joke/sarcasm in my first statement, Lol.
    I got it.
    09-23-2015 09:35 PM
    Your crazy!! 😜😜That made me laugh so hard !! That would be a neat trick for  especially since the ipad pro is pretty expensive
    09-25-2015 12:58 AM
    3D Touch has a long way to go...But it is not going to be as revolutionary as Multi touch...Just a marketing gimmick
    09-25-2015 01:04 AM
    3D Touch has a long way to go...But it is not going to be as revolutionary as Multi touch...Just a marketing gimmick
    Again...coming from someone who has zero experience with it up to this point. Thanks for this astoundingly versed opinion...
    09-25-2015 01:23 AM
    Have you not heard about pre match predictions and all...Learn to differentiate between opinions and facts...
    09-25-2015 01:35 AM
    Have you not heard about pre match predictions and all...Learn to differentiate between opinions and facts...
    zero experience with it up to this point. Thanks for this astoundingly versed opinion...
    09-25-2015 01:38 AM
77 1234