A part of me hopes it doesn't have 2GB of RAM just to see the placebo effect in full force for another year, lol.
    Not Quite Right likes this.
    09-10-2015 10:46 AM
    A part of me hopes it doesn't have 2GB of RAM just to see the placebo effect in full force for another year, lol.
    You sir, Are evil. LOL

Sent from my iPad Mini 3 using Tapatalk.
    09-10-2015 10:51 AM
    I think 2GB is very sufficient. On my Z10, it has 2GB of RAM. It functions great. I think it's just enough to slow those reloads and possibly prevent a few crashes for me. I'm hoping this is legitimate.

I hope it does also I get crashes and reloads and hang ups as well. As soon as I kill all apps that are suspended in background everything works great.
    It would be cool to be able to build a super iPhone with overkill specs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    09-10-2015 01:20 PM
    Safari I have no answer for you. I rarely use it. That's what apps are for and when I do use Safari, I haven't noticed excessive tab reloading.
    Anyway in other apps the issue of reloading could still easily be poor coding on the app developers part. Would 2GB RAM help that? Sure, but it doesn't actually resolve the underlying issue, just papers over it.
    I've had a miserable time in Safari with pages reloading and otherwise misbehaving. But I'm still on my 5.
    09-10-2015 01:38 PM
    I've had a miserable time in Safari with pages reloading and otherwise misbehaving. But I'm still on my 5.
    Mine does it on the 4s, 5s, 5c and 6. It's just a RAM issue across all My devices. Even does the same thing on Mini 3 too.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk!
    09-10-2015 01:57 PM
    Mine does it on the 4s, 5s, 5c and 6. It's just a RAM issue across all My devices. Even does the same thing on Mini 3 too.

I wonder though why if it is truly just a RAM issue, why it is not consistent across the user board? I swear I am not an Apple apologist and would welcome a RAM upgrade, but I rarely if ever had a safari reload or hiccup while in usage. I consider myself a power user and Safari is my main app, with seldom if ever an issue. Make no mistake, I am not doubting you one bit. I believe you. It's just strange how some experience these things, and others do not (or at least to the same degree).
    09-10-2015 02:11 PM
    I wonder though why if it is truly just a RAM issue, why it is not consistent across the user board? I swear I am not an Apple apologist and would welcome a RAM upgrade, but I rarely if ever had a safari reload or hiccup while in usage. I consider myself a power user and Safari is my main app, with seldom if ever an issue. Make no mistake, I am not doubting you one bit. I believe you. It's just strange how some experience these things, and others do not (or at least to the same degree).
    Do you leave a lot of apps open in the background? I have a ton of known apps that are RAM hogs. It could have something to do with the type of applications you have. I forget to close out background apps, that's when the reloads are most frequent.

If I close most or all of them, the reloads are far less frequent...

09-10-2015 02:14 PM
    Do you leave a lot of apps open in the background? I have a ton of known apps that are RAM hogs. It could have something to do with the type of applications you have. I forget to close out background apps, that's when the reloads are most frequent.

If I close most or all of them, the reloads are far less frequent...

I seldom remember to go in and close apps in the background. I was under the assumption that apps relatively quickly switch to a suspended state and thus are not resource or battery hogs. In addition, I have background app refresh turned off to allow all apps to go into the suspended state. I honestly haven't noticed much of a difference in performance when closing everything out.

PS, I would love to have a 'close all' option for apps in the background.
    09-10-2015 02:30 PM
    I wonder that myself. Why me? Is it the 5? Something I do wrong? Others like you don't have this issue. It's like the BeWeather 2 widget doesn't load well in the Notification Center, but does on other phones. And it's not just my phone. Some do and some don't with no apparent rhyme or reason.
    09-10-2015 03:01 PM
    This was in the news here today:
    It says only 1gb of ram

Posted via the iMore App for Android
    Attached Thumbnails How much RAM?-img_20150910_212422.jpg  
    09-10-2015 03:26 PM
    09-10-2015 03:40 PM
    I seldom remember to go in and close apps in the background. I was under the assumption that apps relatively quickly switch to a suspended state and thus are not resource or battery hogs. In addition, I have background app refresh turned off to allow all apps to go into the suspended state. I honestly haven't noticed much of a difference in performance when closing everything out.

PS, I would love to have a 'close all' option for apps in the background.
    Yeah I rarely ever close out apps. I just let them do their thing and switch to suspended as necessary. And I do have background app refresh on for a small handful of apps. But I still don't have this excessive refreshing issue. I wonder what the difference is with people who do have it.
    09-10-2015 04:02 PM
    Lots of sites are reporting 2GB, lots are reporting 1GB.

I think we will find out soon enough. If it's not 2GB though, I really can't justify the upgrade.

@_@ So I'll be kind of sad trying to figure out what device to get next!

09-10-2015 06:06 PM
    Why wouldn't they say in the tech rundown if it had 2gb Rams? It's not like they had a lot of new stuff to announce.
    They never announce that or the official battery size.
    09-10-2015 09:46 PM
    They never announce that or the official battery size.
    I wonder sometimes if the omission is a statement that it's not important.
    09-10-2015 10:05 PM
    THIS ^^^^^. It just works.
    09-10-2015 10:13 PM
    They just know that 90% of their consumer base just doesn't care...so why make a big deal about it? People know Apple doesn't play the "keeping up with the joneses" game when it comes to their hardware 9 times out of 10, so it shouldn't ever be surprising that the very in depth detailed tech specs on internals are left off the highlight reel when we see the new devices. Those of us who get a big hard on about that kind of thing have fixit.
    qbnkelt and Not Quite Right like this.
    09-10-2015 10:54 PM
    If that were true, then I think specs wouldn't be reported at all as the audience "wouldn't care." What you mean to say is  doesn't think people should care. Remember how good they are telling others what they need? Not complaining at all, but that's the way I see it.
    09-11-2015 05:16 AM
    You bet. Already seeing it in the comment sections. The good ol "welcome to 2012" from the myriad who are blinded by the spec driven propaganda out there. This time of year is both the most exciting, and most trying of times in the forums lol.
    I've already seen the welcome to 2012 from trolls on a BlackBerry site. Meanwhile THEIR OS is on life support and the CEO has been touting Android for months. Shouldn't they be concentrating on that?

Sent from my gorgeous sexy white BEAST of a Note 4 ❤
    09-11-2015 05:40 AM
    THIS ^^^^^. It just works.
    Don't say that. The trolls hate it.

Sent from my gorgeous sexy white BEAST of a Note 4 ❤
    09-11-2015 05:45 AM
    I guess we could make something up to satisfy your curiosity... if we don't know all we can say is that we don't know. The background is that Apple doesn't tell us. So either we wait for a teardown or we ask the head of Apple. It's not rocket science, and sorry if my response got your panties in a wad.

Perhaps before asking a question, one could use the search function to see if the question has already been asked.
    You do realise I didn't ask if it has 2gb ram or not?

It was nothing personal against you. I think a lot of veteran members, myself included, have become a bit peeved after a few other identical threads where this was asked and answered ad nauseam.

Apple has never disclosed RAM. Ever. Tear downs of the phones eventually lead to the answers. Apple clearly has their reasons. My guess is that they don't focus on the number. For years their 1GB of ram has held its own vs the competition. So they leave mentioning it alone.
    Thanks, I my last iPhone before my 6 was a 4s and by the time the 5 came out I had moved to android. I presumed the reason they did mention the ram for the iPhone 6 was because it didn't change from the 5

For me it not that big of a deal but I do have apps reloading, even apples own apps so it would be nice to have some more. I know iOS doesn't need much, can you imagine android with 1gb ram?
    09-11-2015 06:18 AM

Do you not think Apple should listen to people's complaints about battery then?
    09-11-2015 06:21 AM
    It's a marketing thing... other companies have conditioned people to believe that bigger, better specs equals a better device... crappy code on 2GB RAM is going to suck compared to well written, tight code on 1GB RAM... smart people know this.
    So you don't think it needs more ram? Have you left an app in the background and it has to reload it after even a short time later when you go back to it or do you not think that it is annoying because it is happening on an apple product?
    09-11-2015 06:28 AM
    I've got two devices bought within a month of each other. One is a Note 4 which outspecs my older (by a month) iPhone 6. Both devices have received OS updates.
    My Note 4 lags where it didn't before. The camera freezes each time I take a picture. Also freezes and crashes on FB. Battery life has suffered a dramatic drop on the last upgrade.
    My iPhone 6 suffers no lag, no stutters, and has only crashed on an older version of Tapatalk.

So.....specs don't matter to me anywhere near as much as how the OS is written. I would rather keep 1 GB RAM on a properly working device than 4GB on a device where I can't do something as simple as taking multiple pictures in sequence.

Sent from my GORGEOUS, SEXY, AWESOME Gold 128G iPhone 6
    09-11-2015 07:29 AM
    Do you not think Apple should listen to people's complaints about battery then?
    What battery complaints? Most I see with a 6 or 6 Plus say they have great battery life. A few may have issues, but most do well. I think Apple has done a lot to improve battery life. It doesn't get much better. It will though.
    09-11-2015 08:50 AM
81 1234