How difficult is it to switch from an Android to an iPhone?

rpe1

Mar 12, 2015
Visit site
How difficult is it to switch from an android to an iphone

I currently have a Maxx HD and plan on getting the Iphone 6s when it comes out. Is there anything special I need to know in order to make the change painless. I already feel that I will probably lose all of my apps from google, are there compatible ones from the iTunes that I can use, example notes, weather, appygeek, word software etc. Thanks, Robert

worldspy99

Trusted Member
Jul 11, 2014
Visit site
Re: How difficult is it to switch from an android to an iphone

I currently have a Maxx HD and plan on getting the Iphone 6s when it comes out. Is there anything special I need to know in order to make the change painless. I already feel that I will probably lose all of my apps from google, are there compatible ones from the iTunes that I can use, example notes, weather, appygeek, word software etc. Thanks, Robert

You should be able to get exact same equivalent apps from the same app makers for the most part on the Apple ecosystem. Good luck.
Go ahead and search for the apps you have here before you buy the phone:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/genre/ios/id36?mt=8&at=10l3Vy

rpe1

Mar 12, 2015
Visit site

Thanks, I appreciate the help. I will be asking more questions as I make the transition to Apple.

jimkraz

Jul 29, 2014
Visit site

Set up iTunes on your PC/Mac and visit the app store see what is available, I was Android then Windows now iPhone 6, also Apple Watch, have not regretted one moment, notes are built in, weather built in, etc, though there are plenty free and paid apps for what you want.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site

I'd take it a step further and just start downloading all those apps on iTunes so they're readily available to sync on to your new iPhone once you get it.

rpe1

Mar 12, 2015
Visit site

Thanks, that would take some of the guess work out of it.

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site

It's not difficult at all. I switch between the 2 often but I'm working on stopping the madness.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

anon(39328)

Apr 22, 2011
Visit site

One more thing that will help your transfer is if you make sure that all of your phone contacts are tied to your google account. This way, all you have to do to when you get your phone is set up your gmail account in settings. Your contacts and calendar will automatically load to your phone.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

I agree that it's not difficult at all. It'll probably take you a day to realize that iOS is not Android and that some things you're used to doing on an Android is done differently on the iPhone.

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site

Easiest thing in the world. Just make sure you set it up to work as Apple intended it to, and you'll be fine.

Wildo6882

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site

It's not difficult at all. I switch between the 2 often but I'm working on stopping the madness.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You and me both, man! My only gripe is my paid apps don't transfer from one platform to the next.

Peterpetram

Aug 29, 2014
Visit site

I guess it will be harder to get back to Android when you get used to iOS.

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site

Apple is releasing an App on Android to help you switch. I believe its coming out when iOS 9 comes out or around then?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2