If there's any credence to this video, anyone trying to bend the new 6s/6s Plus, may have difficulty doing so. While there has been some reports of bending, the 6 and 6 Plus have performed very well. Most bend episodes have been a result of folks not being careful with their phone. Back pockets just don't get it. The results of this test surprised me a bit. Didn't expect that big a difference. Apple really wanted to shut down "Bendgate". LOL
    The video:
    08-20-2015 12:18 PM
    Grain of salt people...grain of salt.
    08-20-2015 12:32 PM
    It's not an issue now, in my opinion, but it is safe to assume that a few devious people will find a way to bend them and then claim that it's a problem, and they will NEVER take responsibility for bending it. You already know it...
    08-20-2015 12:36 PM
    As minor of a problem that "Bendgate" was, I'm glad to see Apple decided to do something about it.......Now what Apple haters, now what.
    08-20-2015 02:51 PM
    It'll be fun watching what they do.
    08-20-2015 02:55 PM
    Will "Bendgate" Still Be An Issue?

Only with clickbaiting tech bloggers who can't get traffic any other way...
    08-20-2015 03:13 PM
    I hope not. I have a 6 and a 6 plus. I just went into Genius Bar an hour ago because my iPhone 6 screen was clicking on bottom right corner. They pointed out my phone was bent. They did swap it. I didn't even know. I already had to swap my 6+ for bending. So yeah I'm hoping the bending is solved.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ledsteplin likes this.
    08-20-2015 03:58 PM
    As minor of a problem that "Bendgate" was, I'm glad to see Apple decided to do something about it.......Now what Apple haters, now what.
    If you see my post right above this, I don't agree it is minor. I'm not hard on my phones. I don't sit with my phones in my pocket. But my 6 and 6+ has both bent.

08-20-2015 04:02 PM
    If there's any credence to this video, anyone trying to bend the new 6s/6s Plus, may have difficulty doing so.
    Who can't bend a seamless steel iron of 100mm of diameter and 1000mm long? What I mean is everything is bendable even human been. The question is, should we always try to bend thing just to find out if it can bend? Because it's always going to bend provide the applied force is sufficient enough to bend it.

Not Quite Right likes this.
    08-20-2015 04:06 PM
    Still waiting for my Plus to bend. It's in my front pocket a lot. Always when I'm playing bass and sitting. Always falling asleep on it. 9 months no bends with a really thin TPU case.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
    08-20-2015 04:08 PM
    If you see my post right above this, I don't agree it is minor. I'm not hard on my phones. I don't sit with my phones in my pocket. But my 6 and 6+ has both bent.

I think he meant minor as number of users experiencing the bending. It's never minor when it happens to you, right?
    08-20-2015 04:12 PM
    Props to the guy for digging deeper on it.
    30lbs on the raw shell sounds pretty good to me. Awesome if this is real though.
    08-20-2015 04:20 PM
    I think he meant minor as number of users experiencing the bending. It's never minor when it happens to you, right?
    One device I thought it was a fluke. Then Genius Bar told me my 6 was bent today. I just shook my head. He said not a problem I swap it for you. Kudos to Apple for swapping it with no issues. This device didn't have Apple Care+ but they honored it under regular warranty.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Scatabrain likes this.
    08-20-2015 04:35 PM

Sorry to hear about your iPhone being bent, but compared to how many iPhone 6/6 Plus was sold that actually bent/warped, YES, I do consider it to be minor problem. My 6 Plus with a Apple leather case on it has yet to bend or warp. However, as I said in my previous post in this thread, I'm glad Apple is doing something about it in their next version of iPhones. Who knows, maybe if we complain enough for those of us who have the 6/6 Plus, we might be able to get a 6s/6s Plus with a device switch FREE of charge from APPLE.
    08-20-2015 05:52 PM
    Sorry to hear about your iPhone being bent, but compared to how many iPhone 6/6 Plus was sold that actually bent/warped, YES, I do consider it to be minor problem. My 6 Plus with a Apple leather case on it has yet to bend or warp. However, as I said in my previous post in this thread, I'm glad Apple is doing something about it in their next version of iPhones. Who knows, maybe if we complain enough for those of us who have the 6/6 Plus, we might be able to get a 6s/6s Plus with a device switch FREE of charge from APPLE.
    Device switch free of charge would never happen. Everybody will bend their phones and come in. Apple is in the business to make money. Not upgrade people for free.

08-20-2015 05:58 PM
    Device switch free of charge would never happen. Everybody will bend their phones and come in. Apple is in the business to make money. Not upgrade people for free.

LOL ....I know but I can hope
    08-20-2015 06:00 PM
    those with 6/6plus will get 6s/6s plus free of charge? That is to say what 6/6plus is a fiasco and need to be erase from technology history? I don't think so, if your 6 or 6plus bend, apple can replace it by giving you a new one of your model never less or more in model version I think. Else what kinda business would that be?

08-20-2015 06:04 PM
    those with 6/6plus will get 6s/6s plus free of charge? That is to say what 6/6plus is a fiasco and need to be erase from technology history? I don't think so, if your 6 or 6plus bend, apple can replace it by giving you a new one of your model never less or more in model version I think. Else what kinda business would that be?

Ahhh, it was a JOKE....there is know way you actually think I'm that dumb....SERIOUSLY
    Ariel Babalao likes this.
    08-20-2015 06:05 PM
    Ahhh, it was a JOKE....there is know way you actually think I'm that dumb....SERIOUSLY
    I did!
    Spencerdl likes this.
    08-20-2015 06:43 PM
    I did!
    LOL....
    08-20-2015 06:44 PM
    I have had the 6plus since launch day and its still flat as a board... Want your phone to bend, grab it with both hands and twist the crap out of it...

Guess what I bet I can bend my rMBP too if I try to
    MasterDarque and Spencerdl like this.
    08-20-2015 09:29 PM
    Still waiting for my Plus to bend. It's in my front pocket a lot. Always when I'm playing bass and sitting. Always falling asleep on it. 9 months no bends with a really thin TPU case.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
    Not me, and I'm not expecting it to bend.......If my iPhone 6 Plus is not in my hand, it's almost always in my back pocket. It's been dropped a few times, the last time being in a sporting goods store where it dropped on the concrete floor screen down. Some people behind me gasped, but were surprised that I didn't seem to be concerned. I have Apple Care + so, of course, I wasn't concerned. Anyway, after paying for the stuff I bought, I picked the iPhone off the floor, looked at the screen and didn't see any damages, pressed the home button and saw that the screen light up, thanked GOD, put the phone in my back pocket and walked out of the store.......No bending, scratches, scrapes, nicks, dings, cracks or chips.
    Spencerdl likes this.
    08-20-2015 09:33 PM
    You might want to rethink this post.
    08-21-2015 08:09 AM
    I have had the 6plus since launch day and its still flat as a board... Want your phone to bend, grab it with both hands and twist the crap out of it...

Guess what I bet I can bend my rMBP too if I try to
    You would get some views on YouTube for sure.
    08-21-2015 08:15 AM
    You might want to rethink this post.
    Why?
    08-21-2015 08:36 AM
128 123 ...