Will "Bendgate" Still Be An Issue?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
If there's any credence to this video, anyone trying to bend the new 6s/6s Plus, may have difficulty doing so. While there has been some reports of bending, the 6 and 6 Plus have performed very well. Most bend episodes have been a result of folks not being careful with their phone. Back pockets just don't get it. The results of this test surprised me a bit. Didn't expect that big a difference. Apple really wanted to shut down "Bendgate". LOL
The video:
http://youtu.be/ChUsy8gWwvo

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
It's not an issue now, in my opinion, but it is safe to assume that a few devious people will find a way to bend them and then claim that it's a problem, and they will NEVER take responsibility for bending it. You already know it...

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
As minor of a problem that "Bendgate" was, I'm glad to see Apple decided to do something about it.......Now what Apple haters, now what.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site

Only with clickbaiting tech bloggers who can't get traffic any other way...

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site

I hope not. I have a 6 and a 6 plus. I just went into Genius Bar an hour ago because my iPhone 6 screen was clicking on bottom right corner. They pointed out my phone was bent. They did swap it. I didn't even know. I already had to swap my 6+ for bending. So yeah I'm hoping the bending is solved.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
As minor of a problem that "Bendgate" was, I'm glad to see Apple decided to do something about it.......Now what Apple haters, now what.

If you see my post right above this, I don't agree it is minor. I'm not hard on my phones. I don't sit with my phones in my pocket. But my 6 and 6+ has both bent.

Ariel Babalao

May 8, 2014
Visit site

If there's any credence to this video, anyone trying to bend the new 6s/6s Plus, may have difficulty doing so.
Who can't bend a seamless steel iron of 100mm of diameter and 1000mm long? What I mean is everything is bendable even human been. The question is, should we always try to bend thing just to find out if it can bend? Because it's always going to bend provide the applied force is sufficient enough to bend it.

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Still waiting for my Plus to bend. It's in my front pocket a lot. Always when I'm playing bass and sitting. Always falling asleep on it. 9 months no bends with a really thin TPU case.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
If you see my post right above this, I don't agree it is minor. I'm not hard on my phones. I don't sit with my phones in my pocket. But my 6 and 6+ has both bent.

I think he meant minor as number of users experiencing the bending. It's never minor when it happens to you, right? :)

Scatabrain

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
Props to the guy for digging deeper on it.
30lbs on the raw shell sounds pretty good to me. Awesome if this is real though.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I think he meant minor as number of users experiencing the bending. It's never minor when it happens to you, right? :)

One device I thought it was a fluke. Then Genius Bar told me my 6 was bent today. I just shook my head. He said not a problem I swap it for you. Kudos to Apple for swapping it with no issues. This device didn't have Apple Care+ but they honored it under regular warranty.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site

Sorry to hear about your iPhone being bent, but compared to how many iPhone 6/6 Plus was sold that actually bent/warped, YES, I do consider it to be minor problem. My 6 Plus with a Apple leather case on it has yet to bend or warp. However, as I said in my previous post in this thread, I'm glad Apple is doing something about it in their next version of iPhones. Who knows, maybe if we complain enough for those of us who have the 6/6 Plus, we might be able to get a 6s/6s Plus with a device switch FREE of charge from APPLE.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Sorry to hear about your iPhone being bent, but compared to how many iPhone 6/6 Plus was sold that actually bent/warped, YES, I do consider it to be minor problem. My 6 Plus with a Apple leather case on it has yet to bend or warp. However, as I said in my previous post in this thread, I'm glad Apple is doing something about it in their next version of iPhones. Who knows, maybe if we complain enough for those of us who have the 6/6 Plus, we might be able to get a 6s/6s Plus with a device switch FREE of charge from APPLE.

Device switch free of charge would never happen. Everybody will bend their phones and come in. Apple is in the business to make money. Not upgrade people for free.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Device switch free of charge would never happen. Everybody will bend their phones and come in. Apple is in the business to make money. Not upgrade people for free.

LOL ....I know but I can hope

Ariel Babalao

May 8, 2014
Visit site

those with 6/6plus will get 6s/6s plus free of charge? That is to say what 6/6plus is a fiasco and need to be erase from technology history? I don't think so, if your 6 or 6plus bend, apple can replace it by giving you a new one of your model never less or more in model version I think. Else what kinda business would that be?

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
those with 6/6plus will get 6s/6s plus free of charge? That is to say what 6/6plus is a fiasco and need to be erase from technology history? I don't think so, if your 6 or 6plus bend, apple can replace it by giving you a new one of your model never less or more in model version I think. Else what kinda business would that be?

Ahhh, it was a JOKE....there is know way you actually think I'm that dumb....SERIOUSLY

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods