Will "Bendgate" Still Be An Issue?

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Will "Bendgate" Still Be An Issue?

And as with the price of the iPad Pro and those complainers, the loudest will be the ones who would never buy an Apple product. Just as I would not be caught dead investing any more money on a PC or on what whatever abomination BlackBerry puts out next.

Sent from my GORGEOUS, SEXY, AWESOME Gold 128G iPhone 6

Scatabrain

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
With phones at the same prices but Apple Care+ going up, that could be a signal that returns are costing them more today or at least they predict returns will cost them more. The devices are more complex but perhaps they are also experiencing more replacements then they used to.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
With phones at the same prices but Apple Care+ going up, that could be a signal that returns are costing them more today or at least they predict returns will cost them more. The devices are more complex but perhaps they are also experiencing more replacements then they used to.

You read into things in the most hilarious ways, lol.

SprSynJn

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
He reads into things as most others would. And he is right, it does seem rather difficult for you to not include some sort of jab when quoting someone.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
He reads into things as most others would. And he is right, it does seem rather difficult for you to not include some sort of jab when quoting someone.

Interesting...because I don't see most people agreeing here with the way he reads into things. Most of the time it sounds like conspiracy theory...but perhaps you and the "others" you seem to feel represent "most" can make some tin foil hats, sit around a camp fire and make gluten free s'mores!

Jabby jab.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

I'm betting screen replacements have more to do with that than bending though. Seems there's been more screen breakages with the larger screens.

Scatabrain

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
Interesting...because I don't see most people agreeing here with the way he reads into things. Most of the time it sounds like conspiracy theory...but perhaps you and the "others" you seem to feel represent "most" can make some tin foil hats, sit around a camp fire and make gluten free s'mores!

Jabby jab.

Nah. There are a few loud voices here ready to stamp out conspiracy where it doesn't always exist.

And I don't ever include the phrases "the fact is", "that is not logical" etc etc. I try to respect others.

And my posts whether Sean wants to believe it or not are 100% supportive of Apple. I wouldn't be here otherwise.

The difference is I know this is all opinion and speculation. I think it's fun to ponder. Subjects like this are freely discussed on all of my favorite tech podcasts without judgement of intent. It's difficult here because there are a handful that will jump on any such post and say "here we go".

I am also on the naughty list because I have defended anyone that took a beating when the few conspiracy fighters jumped all over them.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Nah. There are a few loud voices here ready to stamp out conspiracy where it doesn't always exist.

And I don't ever include the phrases "the fact is", "that is not logical" etc etc. I try to respect others.

And my posts whether Sean wants to believe it or not are 100% supportive of Apple. I wouldn't be here otherwise.

The difference is I know this is all opinion and speculation. I think it's fun to ponder. Subjects like this are freely discussed on all of my favorite tech podcasts without judgement of intent. It's difficult here because there are a handful that will jump on any such post and say "here we go".

I am also on the naughty list because I have defended anyone that took a beating when the few conspiracy fighters jumped all over them.

Awww...the forum hero stands in the gleaming sunlight with his cape flowing.

And I agree that you're very supportive of Apple and the products...no argument here. You're just the UFO conspiracist of the iMore forums in my opinion...you tend to look for the "cover up" or the "ulterior motive" to really generic or simple reports, posts or events. (IE: your post above where Apple increases the cost of AppleCare+ and how it's related to "bendgate"...I mean, could it possibly be the fact that the new 3D Touch screen setup is more expensive to repair, or perhaps even more complicated to repair/replace...therefore requiring more investment by Apple, reflecting their cost increase?).

At any rate, communities take all kinds...lol. I'll give you credit on one thing, you don't fizzle and fade after the initial release hype...you're here year 'round, for better or worse.

Scatabrain

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
Awww...the forum hero stands in the gleaming sunlight with his cape flowing.

And I agree that you're very supportive of Apple and the products...no argument here. You're just the UFO conspiracist of the iMore forums in my opinion...you tend to look for the "cover up" or the "ulterior motive" to really generic or simple reports, posts or events. (IE: your post above where Apple increases the cost of AppleCare+ and how it's related to "bendgate"...I mean, could it possibly be the fact that the new 3D Touch screen setup is more expensive to repair, or perhaps even more complicated to repair/replace...therefore requiring more investment by Apple, reflecting their cost increase?).

At any rate, communities take all kinds...lol. I'll give you credit on one thing, you don't fizzle and fade after the initial release hype...you're here year 'round, for better or worse.

I tried to include the tech being more advanced/expensive in there as a possibility. You said it better.

SprSynJn

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site

Jabby jab.

What you "don't see" could fill a book Sean. But go ahead and throw snarky comments around like they're confetti to feed that ego of yours bro. Whatever helps you sleep at night. If I were Scatabrain though, I would have a restraining order on you for the amount of stalking you're doing.

Scatabrain

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
Re: Will "Bendgate" Still Be An Issue?

I predict someone will post a bending video to YouTube within hours of the phones release. And complain to the world that the phone bends when held in a vise.

Oh man. I hope not. As the original post in this thread shows even the guy who flamed the hysteria last year has gone to decent lengths to test the new supposed case and was impressed how much better it seems to be.

But there is always something new to make hay about.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site

I predict someone will post a bending video to YouTube within hours of the phones release. And complain to the world that the phone bends when held in a vise.

I remember the videos last year of those punks in England going around intentionally bending phones and laughing about it. I'm sure you're right, Karen... there will be one or two morons this year, too.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
What you "don't see" could fill a book Sean. But go ahead and throw snarky comments around like they're confetti to feed that ego of yours bro. Whatever helps you sleep at night. If I were Scatabrain though, I would have a restraining order on you for the amount of stalking you're doing.

I'm going to sleep like a baby tonight...after these phones are ordered that is. Thanks for the continued support though, I love having rabid fans on this website.

Speaking of stalking, wasn't it you that joined into this thread just to take some pot shots? Interesting how that works...

SprSynJn

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site

Oh man. I hope not. As the original post in this thread shows even the guy who flamed the hysteria last year has gone to decent lengths to test the new supposed case and was impressed how much better it seems to be.

But there is always something new to make hay about.

I didn't catch the news on the new release, did they strengthen the case for the S models?

Scatabrain

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site

I didn't catch the news on the new release, did they strengthen the case for the S models?

Yeah. 7000 series. Regardless of why they did it, it is a big difference in durability. Look at the first post for the youtube video. Apple confirmed the aluminum this week.

jdhooghe

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site

Unfortunately people will try to recreate the success of that Unbox therapy video. That video last year got millions of views; I can't imagine how much those guys made from YouTube. I just hope it isn't overblown, I've already been through pen-gate in the Note 5 forums so I need some peace for awhile.

Scattabrain, you bring up a great point in why Apple has decided to increase the cost of AppleCare. Apple is either being even more greedy or more returns have happened than they want to let on. I wouldn't put it past that Apple has seen more replacements for bending and it's correlated with why they are using a higher grade aluminum for the enclosures.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2