Will "Bendgate" Still Be An Issue?

SprSynJn

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
Will "Bendgate" Still Be An Issue?

I don't think it'll be an issue, but I just noticed that my Plus has a slight bend after scrutinizing it. Nothing to write home about, and nothing to complain about that's for sure. Still, it just shows you that these things will bend even if they are seldom put into pockets or exposed to anything that you think would cause it.

Scatabrain

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
Re: Will "Bendgate" Still Be An Issue?

I don't think it'll be an issue, but I just noticed that my Plus has a slight bend after scrutinizing it. Nothing to write home about, and nothing to complain about that's for sure. Still, it just shows you that these things will bend even if they are seldom put into pockets or exposed to anything that you think would cause it.

Might be worth getting a replacement if eligible. Cheers.

SprSynJn

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
I don't think so. It's barely noticeable only because I took the time to look for it. It might have been there before for all I know. I'm not sure how it happened, but I will just try to ignore it until it gets worse. Then I'll think about getting it replaced. For now it's no big deal. Thanks for the tip though.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I don't think so. It's barely noticeable only because I took the time to look for it. It might have been there before for all I know. I'm not sure how it happened, but I will just try to ignore it until it gets worse. Then I'll think about getting it replaced. For now it's no big deal. Thanks for the tip though.

Mine is bent also (see post #78) , but Im going to keep it....it adds character.....SMILE

Scatabrain

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
Derek Kessler today on iMore "So while they're not explicitly acknowledging the "bendgate" issues that affected the iPhone 6 and 6 Plus, Apple's clearly taken the lesson of brutal consumer durability testing to heart and made sure that the new iPhones are stronger. If that means that creating a new iPhone that's more resistant to bending means it has to be a smidgen heavier and a hair thicker, so be it."

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Derek Kessler today on iMore "So while they're not explicitly acknowledging the "bendgate" issues that affected the iPhone 6 and 6 Plus, Apple's clearly taken the lesson of brutal consumer durability testing to heart and made sure that the new iPhones are stronger. If that means that creating a new iPhone that's more resistant to bending means it has to be a smidgen heavier and a hair thicker, so be it."

lol...are you now pretending like his comment is some kind of "official" statement on the subject? :rotfl:

jdhooghe

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
Hopefully not but people always seem to find something to ***** about. iMore will hopefully be there to call the situation out as it is when something comes up.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Who's pretending anything? It is what it is. Someone's opinion. I thought it was on topic.

You shared the quote in this thread as a backing to your opinion on this subject...as if it gave your side of the argument more validity. I was simply pointing out that it didn't...if you already understood that, fantastic! My post is there for others to reference.

Scatabrain

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
You shared the quote in this thread as a backing to your opinion on this subject...as if it gave your side of the argument more validity. I was simply pointing out that it didn't...if you already understood that, fantastic! My post is there for others to reference.

So that opinion offends you so much you must comment. I think you are incapable of not getting the last word which gives me a little chuckle.

Sharing a shared opinion from the Managing Editor of Mobile Nations - on topic is satisfying. You can't take that away.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
So that opinion offends you so much you must comment. I think you are incapable of not getting the last word which gives me a little chuckle.

Sharing a shared opinion from the Managing Editor of Mobile Nations - on topic is satisfying. You can't take that away.

I'm not offended at all...I was just providing clarity. If that kind of thing satisfies your agenda, enjoy it! I know I enjoy responding to it. :beer:

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
fad59f38851d6fca4146d911ed6c1ea2.jpg

Sent from my GORGEOUS, SEXY, AWESOME Gold 128G iPhone 6

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Whether "bengate" was a problem or not, Apple felt the need for improvment to satisfy their customers, so they improved it....SIMPLE.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2