Aug 23, 2015
Visit site
The new 6s+ will bend but just like any phone,I won't be a problem at all
Completely normal with the new structure of the device
Even better than the 6+

chrisforpm

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
It wasn't a problem for me on my 6+ and with these design improvements it won't be on my 6S+. Innovation is an amazing thing, products usually improve with each successive model. Apple realized that maybe reinforcing the iPhone a bit more can't hurt and here we are.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
If you see my post right above this, I don't agree it is minor. I'm not hard on my phones. I don't sit with my phones in my pocket. But my 6 and 6+ has both bent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Even if you had 10 of them, the entire situation was unquestionably minor. A vast majority (and that's an understatement) had zero bend issues with their iPhone 6/6+. You can disagree all you want, facts are facts.

chrisforpm

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
In Q1 2015 Apple sold roughly 74.5 million smart phones. The vast majority of these being the 6 and 6 plus. I'll say 3/4 (I'm pulling this number out of thin air, but I'll say it's close).

Now if that's the case, according to my math that is close to 56 million iPhones 6 and 6+ sold. How many of these bent? 100? 1000? Even if it was 100,000 (and let's be honest, if it were, it would be all over the news) that as a percentage is still only 0.0018% of all phones sold in one quarter that are bending. I'm betting that the number of bent units is probably closer to 1000 than it is 100,000.

It's not an issue and never has been.

Scatabrain

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
Even if you had 10 of them, the entire situation was unquestionably minor. A vast majority (and that's an understatement) had zero bend issues with their iPhone 6/6+. You can disagree all you want, facts are facts.

So what are the facts? How many have sold? How many have bent? This info is just not available.

Scatabrain

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
In Q1 2015 Apple sold roughly 74.5 million smart phones. The vast majority of these being the 6 and 6 plus. I'll say 3/4 (I'm pulling this number out of thin air, but I'll say it's close).

Now if that's the case, according to my math that is close to 56 million iPhones 6 and 6+ sold. How many of these bent? 100? 1000? Even if it was 100,000 (and let's be honest, if it were, it would be all over the news) that as a percentage is still only 0.0018% of all phones sold in one quarter that are bending. I'm betting that the number of bent units is probably closer to 1000 than it is 100,000.

It's not an issue and never has been.

You don't have any idea how many have bent. All we know is some number have. And we may know Apple is possibly reinforcing the cases in the next models.

Apple historically doesn't cave to things due to press (not that quickly). So my hunch is enough have bent to make it worth it to change the design.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
You don't have any idea how many have bent. All we know is some number have. And we may know Apple is possibly reinforcing the cases in the next models.

Apple historically doesn't cave to things due to press (not that quickly). So my hunch is enough have bent to make it worth it to change the design.

I disagree. I doubt there's been enough actual bending to warrant strengthening. Had "Bendgate" (the original video and following hoopla) not occurred, they would not be strengthening the phones. I think they just want to put the issue to rest once and for all.

Scatabrain

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
I disagree. I doubt there's been enough actual bending to warrant strengthening. Had "Bendgate" (the original video and following hoopla) not occurred, they would not be strengthening the phones. I think they just want to put the issue to rest once and for all.

You give the weird YouTuber more credit then he deserves IMO.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
So what are the facts? How many have sold? How many have bent? This info is just not available.

The fact is that if a significant amount of people brought their device in because the device randomly bent without any negligent treatment or activity leading to such, there would have been a tsunami of reports about it, something likened to what happened when Apple offered the free case program years ago. There was no significant number of randomly bent phones, and Apple handled the people who did claim their phone bent internally, something they would not have been able to do if it was even a moderate level issue.

The fact is, it was a minor problem...period. Specific number information was not needed. We didn't know specific numbers about the anodized frame issues from the iPhone 4S, but there was enough of a sh*t storm to make it know that it was a common and legitimate problem for a very large number of people. "Bendgate" never even approached that level...because it was a minor problem for a tiny % of consumers who bought the phone, and mostly because there was never a "bendgate", there were just people who bent their phone.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site

Apple historically doesn't cave? They were perfectly open and honest when the 4S came out and the frame issues were commonly reported...so much so that they issued the free case program almost immediately after the device was released for sale. Apple historically protects their top tier customer satisfaction rating by making sure their customers are satisfied and are open about problems they encounter with hardware AND software...and by supporting the customer when one of these things happens.

Bent iPhones were a problem for a tiny %...so no response was necessary.

Scatabrain

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
Fixing a defect is not caving. You prove my point with your example.

I'll just wait for those facts. Or not because there are no public facts on numbers of bent phones.

The poster above had 2, and Apple publicly admitted 9, plus the youtuber = 12.

You can believe it's small but I believe based on anecdotes and due to Apple replacing hardware outside of warranty instead of turning the supposed small number away (as they did at first until they couldn't ignore it - and idiots were successfully bending then out of curiosity) and finally the most telling evidence- they are probably changing the design.

But that's ok, you keep saying 'the facts are'.

As God said 'Stop apologizing'. Apple is worthy and able to improve. It's okay.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
As god said 'Stop apologizing'. Apple is worthy and able to improve. It's okay.

Who is saying that Apple isn't here? He just brought up the the case program for the iPhone 4

What do you want to be said? That the new alleged housing for the 6S is Apple's answer to all the bending? All we have seen is anecdote after anecdote regarding this minor issue. Even if there have been 2 million replacements due to bending, no matter how the device was bent, it's still a very small and minor issue. I know there are reputable people here who say they have had the issue, but it still doesn't mean it's some major issue.

To me, if this is indeed the new housing for the 6S and Plus, it's more of an acknowledgement to give people like the hippy in the video less and less content to work with when it comes to this stuff. That would be the reason, to me, at least.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
But that's ok, you keep saying 'the facts are'.

As God said 'Stop apologizing'. Apple is worthy and able to improve. It's okay.

LOL! So you're calling me an Apple apologist now? Because you pretend like what you read online somehow indicates a moderate to significant "problem"...you poor thing. Apple isn't changing the "design", lol...they POSSIBLY (since we have zero actual evidence of such) changed the type of aluminum used in the exact same mold they were using before (again, according to this video that you're investing all of your "facts" in, lol).

I don't believe it was small, I know it was small...because I have a logical understanding of how numbers work. There are no perfect companies...I've said that about a thousand times on this forum, yet you feel you're "teaching" me something with your snide little comment. You continue to provide comedic relief at the very least.

And when did they turn people away and "ignore" the problem? You're literally creating non-sensical and FAKE drama to support your opinion on this. Why do that?

Scatabrain

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
LOL! So you're calling me an Apple apologist now? Because you pretend like what you read online somehow indicates a moderate to significant "problem"...you poor thing. Apple isn't changing the "design", lol...they POSSIBLY (since we have zero actual evidence of such) changed the type of aluminum used in the exact same mold they were using before (again, according to this video that you're investing all of your "facts" in, lol).

I don't believe it was small, I know it was small...because I have a logical understanding of how numbers work. There are no perfect companies...I've said that about a thousand times on this forum, yet you feel you're "teaching" me something with your snide little comment. You continue to provide comedic relief at the very least.

And when did they turn people away and "ignore" the problem? You're literally creating non-sensical and FAKE drama to support your opinion on this. Why do that?

It is significant enough that they are redesigning. The idea that a YouTuber causes a very expensive redesign is absurd. You keep saying 'the facts' say there is no issue. Facts are Apple is redesigning. That is massive! It's also fantastic! You just can't seem to accept that maybe there is a flaw worth addressing and blame the significant effort to beef up the case on their want to appease some *****. That is nonsense.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
It is significant enough that they are redesigning. The idea that a YouTuber causes a very expensive redesign is absurd. You keep saying 'the facts' say there is no issue. Facts are Apple is redesigning. That is massive! It's also fantastic! You just can't seem to accept that maybe there is a flaw worth addressing and blame the significant effort to beef up the case on their want to appease some *****. That is nonsense.

Do you have trouble understanding the definition of the word "redesign"? Because the new iPhones, based on this video you keep clamoring over, are not redesigned at all. They are potentially using a different grade of aluminum...that does not equate to a "redesign", regardless of how many times you mistakingly use the word.

And please show me where I said there "is no issue"...(I'll give you a hint, it never happened). I said the problem was minor and touched a small % of the consumer base. Do me a favor...if you're going to participate in a debate, at least refrain from putting your own made up words into other people's mouths. My words are there to quote...there's no need for you to make up stuff to try and make my posts seem trivial or irrelevant.

Lastly, to further disprove your 'theory'...Apple changed the aluminum grade between EVERY iPhone that was made. 4 to 4S to 5 to 5S to 6...and then now, with the new variant. I know it's fun for you to assign this glamorous story and theory to their decision to change the grade of aluminum...but given they've done it so many time historically with no relevance to a "bending issue", I think you're just buying into this "bendgate" mumbo jumbo.

Scatabrain

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
Do you have trouble understanding the definition of the word "redesign"? Because the new iPhones, based on this video you keep clamoring over, are not redesigned at all. They are potentially using a different grade of aluminum...that does not equate to a "redesign", regardless of how many times you mistakingly use the word.

And please show me where I said there "is no issue"...(I'll give you a hint, it never happened). I said the problem was minor and touched a small % of the consumer base. Do me a favor...if you're going to participate in a debate, at least refrain from putting your own made up words into other people's mouths. My words are there to quote...there's no need for you to make up stuff to try and make my posts seem trivial or irrelevant.

Lastly, to further disprove your 'theory'...Apple changed the aluminum grade between EVERY iPhone that was made. 4 to 4S to 5 to 5S to 6...and then now, with the new variant. I know it's fun for you to assign this glamorous story and theory to their decision to change the grade of aluminum...but given they've done it so many time historically with no relevance to a "bending issue", I think you're just buying into this "bendgate" mumbo jumbo.

We agree that they iterate (improve) all the time. You contend that anything mentioning that that the 6 and 6+ is susceptible to bending is false. Well then why iterate? For fun? No. The 6000 aluminum was a choice in a cheap grade aluminum. It's going to be a big cost change. .2mm thicker, a big upgrade in aluminum quality - that's easily a rethinking - redesign (you love to parse words). It's great that they are doing it. It doesn't give credence to haters. It just means where there was smoke, there was a little fire. And Apple is dealing with it in the most excellent way that they can. You can live in your perfect vision, Apple does no wrong - I actually don't think they did anything wrong with 6(+) but Apple certainly feels they can do better and they are. As they always do.

The ***** YouTuber really redeemed himself with the follow up IMO. He dug deeper and really did his homework. You can ignore it if you like but we all benefit from the new shells. I think it's fantastic. And really appreciated Led posting this. Your completed one sided loud opinions derailing discussion aside - this was a very cool topic.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
You continue to put words in my mouth that I never said...your argument is so weak that it is the only way you can draw attention to your posts. I never once said (and have never said) that Apple can "do no wrong"...in fact, quite the contrary...I've pointed out numerous times things that Apple has done that, at least to me, were less than par, and worse. You ignore this because right now, you're trying to paint me in the light of a total Apple apologist because it's the only way your posts hold clout. In other words, you've got no basis for your argument without spewing BS.

And then there's the comment about my contention that anything mentioning the 6 and 6+ bending are false. Again...more of your signature hogwash here in this thread. I never contended anything of the sort...what I said specifically was that anything regarding BENDGATE (you know, the term so eloquently applied to this whole ordeal) was overblown, and that there was no serious or widespread bending issue, there was a small group of people who encountered bent iPhones, most of which were caused by their own doing...the others were fluke issues with a minuscule % of devices...so small that Apple never officially addressed it.

Want to see what it looks like when Apple sees a moderate amount of issues with one of their devices? Here you go...

Apple will fix iPhone 6 Plus phones that take blurry photos - Aug. 23, 2015

...go figure, an official statement from Apple and a process of rectification.

Regarding that Youtuber...the guy you keep praising...you can buy into his videos all you want, we've had discussion after discussion after discussion about him and his "reviews" here on this site, and the consensus seems to agree with me (not that I needed it to to hold my opinion, but just to point it out to you).

Lastly, how did my opinions derail this discussion? Are we not still discussing the iPhone bending issue? That was the core of the post...are you having a comprehension problem as well?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox