Let's keep getting that nasal-voiced guy more YouTube views
    08-21-2015 11:42 AM
    Will "Bendgate" Still Be An Issue?

Only with clickbaiting tech bloggers who can't get traffic any other way...
    And trolls from other platforms and sites who are so bitter that they are willing to trash a piece of tech to make themselves feel like they have a purpose in life.

I know of two such troll sites.....
    08-21-2015 12:11 PM
    I forsee lots of back orders, production delays, but totally worth the wait. I too had my guy end up bending the 6 I got him. If this is really the shell, wow. Just wow.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk!
    08-22-2015 08:47 AM
    Will "Bendgate" Still Be An Issue?-maxresdefault.jpg
    I can confirm they do bend easily. This happened while I was on the phone with the ex. weirdest thing I've ever seen.
    Coachbulldog and Spencerdl like this.
    08-22-2015 12:18 PM
    The bending is one of Apple's newest innovations. Instead of something like changing color based on one's mood, Apple starting on a trial basis with the iPhone 6 and 6 plus has implemented a technology where the actual physical form of the phone will change based upon the mood or personality of the user - hence some user's phones 'bent' which matched their own moods/personalities. Those users were the privileged few. Apple has perfected this technology for the new 2015 iPhone releases, to the point where those users whose phones would most likely bend will now be repelled from the phones by an active resistive 'Force Touch'!!!

/s 😜
    maritai and Spencerdl like this.
    08-22-2015 01:39 PM
    "Bendgate" never was an Issue

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk.
    08-22-2015 03:44 PM
    I have been a Iphone 6+ owner since launch DayIt is still straight...in fact..it is in Prestine Condition!

Spencerdl likes this.
    08-22-2015 03:47 PM
    Why?
    Know | Define Know at Dictionary.com
    No | Define No at Dictionary.com

On another note, how violent are you all with your phone? I've never as much as cracked a screen in all my time having one of these phones. What is it you're doing that "easily" bends the phone? The picture shown of a cracked phone wasn't simply "talking on the phone" when it happened.
    08-22-2015 04:15 PM
    I just went out in my yard, over to the gate and bent it. There bendgate is now real
    MasterDarque likes this.
    08-22-2015 04:18 PM
    Know | Define Know at Dictionary.com
    No | Define No at Dictionary.com

On another note, how violent are you all with your phone? I've never as much as cracked a screen in all my time having one of these phones. What is it you're doing that "easily" bends the phone? The picture shown of a cracked phone wasn't simply "talking on the phone" when it happened.
    WHAT are you talking about....never mind. it doesn't matter. I'm not here to win a grammer or spelling bee. You know what I'm talking about, .... ENOUGH....IT WAS A JOKE.....PERIOD. NOW STOP!!!
    08-22-2015 04:21 PM
    "Bendgate" never was an Issue

Agreed.
    08-22-2015 04:21 PM
    I have been a Iphone 6+ owner since launch DayIt is still straight...in fact..it is in Prestine Condition!

This has been my experience as well. 👍
    08-22-2015 04:22 PM
    I think apple has maybe fixed it but there still might be a couple that slip through the cracks because not everything is gonna be 100% perfect
    08-22-2015 04:39 PM
    I think apple has maybe fixed it but there still might be a couple that slip through the cracks because not everything is gonna be 100% perfect
    I'm kinda interested in that anondization thickness. I think it'll really cut down on nicks and minor scratches...

Spencerdl likes this.
    08-22-2015 06:46 PM
    I'm kinda interested in that anondization thickness. I think it'll really cut down on nicks and minor scratches...

It was kinda hard to scratch the paint off during the example....This will be ...PRICELESS....SMILE
    08-22-2015 06:49 PM
    Wait, but the sample didn't bend until 80++, what's the real issue here?
    08-22-2015 09:12 PM
    Wait, but the sample didn't bend until 80++, what's the real issue here?
    For me the issue is now if I still want a 6c or if I want a 6s! LOL

Sent from my iPad Mini 3 using Tapatalk.
    Speedygi likes this.
    08-23-2015 02:12 AM
    The new 6s+ will bend but just like any phone,I won't be a problem at all
    Completely normal with the new structure of the device
    Even better than the 6+
    08-23-2015 08:34 AM
    *but it won't
    08-23-2015 08:34 AM
    It wasn't a problem for me on my 6+ and with these design improvements it won't be on my 6S+. Innovation is an amazing thing, products usually improve with each successive model. Apple realized that maybe reinforcing the iPhone a bit more can't hurt and here we are.
    Spencerdl and rpe1 like this.
    08-23-2015 01:13 PM
    If you see my post right above this, I don't agree it is minor. I'm not hard on my phones. I don't sit with my phones in my pocket. But my 6 and 6+ has both bent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Even if you had 10 of them, the entire situation was unquestionably minor. A vast majority (and that's an understatement) had zero bend issues with their iPhone 6/6+. You can disagree all you want, facts are facts.
    Spencerdl likes this.
    08-23-2015 05:21 PM
    In Q1 2015 Apple sold roughly 74.5 million smart phones. The vast majority of these being the 6 and 6 plus. I'll say 3/4 (I'm pulling this number out of thin air, but I'll say it's close).

Now if that's the case, according to my math that is close to 56 million iPhones 6 and 6+ sold. How many of these bent? 100? 1000? Even if it was 100,000 (and let's be honest, if it were, it would be all over the news) that as a percentage is still only 0.0018% of all phones sold in one quarter that are bending. I'm betting that the number of bent units is probably closer to 1000 than it is 100,000.

It's not an issue and never has been.
    Spencerdl and Just_Me_D like this.
    08-23-2015 09:47 PM
    Even if you had 10 of them, the entire situation was unquestionably minor. A vast majority (and that's an understatement) had zero bend issues with their iPhone 6/6+. You can disagree all you want, facts are facts.
    So what are the facts? How many have sold? How many have bent? This info is just not available.
    08-24-2015 08:20 AM
    In Q1 2015 Apple sold roughly 74.5 million smart phones. The vast majority of these being the 6 and 6 plus. I'll say 3/4 (I'm pulling this number out of thin air, but I'll say it's close).

Now if that's the case, according to my math that is close to 56 million iPhones 6 and 6+ sold. How many of these bent? 100? 1000? Even if it was 100,000 (and let's be honest, if it were, it would be all over the news) that as a percentage is still only 0.0018% of all phones sold in one quarter that are bending. I'm betting that the number of bent units is probably closer to 1000 than it is 100,000.

It's not an issue and never has been.
    You don't have any idea how many have bent. All we know is some number have. And we may know Apple is possibly reinforcing the cases in the next models.

Apple historically doesn't cave to things due to press (not that quickly). So my hunch is enough have bent to make it worth it to change the design.
    08-24-2015 08:24 AM
    You don't have any idea how many have bent. All we know is some number have. And we may know Apple is possibly reinforcing the cases in the next models.

Apple historically doesn't cave to things due to press (not that quickly). So my hunch is enough have bent to make it worth it to change the design.
    I disagree. I doubt there's been enough actual bending to warrant strengthening. Had "Bendgate" (the original video and following hoopla) not occurred, they would not be strengthening the phones. I think they just want to put the issue to rest once and for all.
    Spencerdl likes this.
    08-24-2015 08:36 AM
128 1234 ...