OK so Sean is going to kill me but.....I CAN'T WAIT FOR SEPTEMBER!!!!! 6SpLUS COME TO MAMA!!!!!!!!!

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone seen the rumours of a Sep 25 shipping date???

Sent from my SEXY GORGEOUS AWESOME GOLD 128G iPhone 6

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone seen the rumours of a Sep 25 shipping date???

My birthday...that would work, lol!

After seeing todays keynote, I'm hoping the newer iPhones get all the features they showed on the iPad from iOS 9.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
I would LOVE the split screen on the Plus. I use it on my Note and I'm sure Apple can make that even better.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Before I came to iMore I didn't know that and I was disappointed. I figured it out for the iPhone 4s.
I think from here on out is when the rumours ramp up. It gets insane.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Before I came to iMore I didn't know that and I was disappointed. I figured it out for the iPhone 4s.
I think from here on out is when the rumours ramp up. It gets insane.

Rumor: 2 gb RAM to handle the split screen. Plus only.??

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
Rumor: 2 gb RAM to handle the split screen. Plus only.??

Not so much rumor as it is that Apple's wants people to buy the Plus. They've already differentiated it with some features like better res, OIS, and of course better battery. I can see both getting force touch. I see the Plus, Mini 4, Air 3 all getting split screen.

I know some will still argue this but I've always felt the Plus was a bit sluggish. It'll be interesting to see what Apple does. I wonder if they'll bump the screen res to its native resolution as well. I have doubts on that as that will probably wait til iphone 7 Plus.

That all said, I'm leaning toward a regular iphone 6S. I remember how awkward the Plus was to use. It can have all the bells and whistles but comfort counts here as well.

anon(73368)

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
Not so much rumor as it is that Apple's wants people to buy the Plus. They've already differentiated it with some features like better res, OIS, and of course better battery. I can see both getting force touch. I see the Plus, Mini 4, Air 3 all getting split screen.

I know some will still argue this but I've always felt the Plus was a bit sluggish. It'll be interesting to see what Apple does. I wonder if they'll bump the screen res to its native resolution as well. I have doubts on that as that will probably wait til iphone 7 Plus.

That all said, I'm leaning toward a regular iphone 6S. I remember how awkward the Plus was to use. It can have all the bells and whistles but comfort counts here as well.

I totally agree. What your saying about a bit sluggish. My 6+ hangs up when I get multiple messages at once. I don't recall that happening on my i6. Also my messages app locked up on me twice this morning trying to send pics. Somewhat annoying. Just don't remember that happening on my i6.

Sent from my  Iphone 6 plus 

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
That'd be cool. I would not throw it back n the sea.

The more I read 6 and 6 Plus reviews here, the more conflicted I become. Men say 6 Plus too big. Women say 6 Plus just right. Huh? I'm still on a 4" screen 5. I upgrade in September. What's the real deal scoop? Will I find it a burden to lug around a 5.5" iPhone with huge bezels at the top and bottom, opting instead for the 4.7" 6 that's easy to handle, or will I find the 6 Plus a decent size for my tired old eyes trying to read all the low contrast text everywhere that many seem to embrace as the modern style sensitivities. I'm relying on your vast smartphone experience to guide me to the right choice for me. What to do...what to do?
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1433877252.589906.jpg

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
LOL!!!!
Portabilty does suffer with a larger device. I won't be able to put it in my jeans pocket. No way.
That said, I am already accustomed to my Note 4 and can easily use it and carry it. I love the larger screen. I can increase the font size and I don't need to wear glasses. And I'm constantly on the phone so I am looking forward to a battery life boost.
I am willing to trade jeans pockets for those things.

gfederline9

Banned
Apr 1, 2015
Visit site
wow
I hope I don't have any issues when I get mine....I'll be buying it cash and getting unlocked ASAP. Have a trip to the UK coming up.

UK is a boring place , honestly told u , well in american and australian point of view ,

i born in uk , grow up in australia , come back uk recent 5 years . non of my australian friends want to come uk , they want to go america tho ( quite a lot of my aussie friends grow up with me is actually born in uk , at the age of 7 or 15 , they migrate to australia , non of them want to go uk , they want to stay in australia or go america )

some aussie girls fancy a europe trip , after they come uk , they go back australia and never want to come uk again .

uk is small , wet , raining , cold ,snow , and the life is not as spot light like usa did

i love uk only because i m , i m like this . i uk patriotism , i love country life , i love english british girl i love the history and tradition of this country .
personally i don't feel the " boring " feeling that the other people feel about this country , uk . i always feel this country is great the way it is .

i m spec1al may be

gfederline9

Banned
Apr 1, 2015
Visit site
The more I read 6 and 6 Plus reviews here, the more conflicted I become. Men say 6 Plus too big. Women say 6 Plus just right. Huh? I'm still on a 4" screen 5. I upgrade in September. What's the real deal scoop? Will I find it a burden to lug around a 5.5" iPhone with huge bezels at the top and bottom, opting instead for the 4.7" 6 that's easy to handle, or will I find the 6 Plus a decent size for my tired old eyes trying to read all the low contrast text everywhere that many seem to embrace as the modern style sensitivities. I'm relying on your vast smartphone experience to guide me to the right choice for me. What to do...what to do?
View attachment 82901

asus fonepad 7
fonepad_looking_idiotic_0.png

sony xperia z ultra

sonymain_0.jpg

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
UK is a boring place , honestly told u , well in american and australian point of view ,

i born in uk , grow up in australia , come back uk recent 5 years . non of my australian friends want to come uk , they want to go america tho ( quite a lot of my aussie friends grow up with me is actually born in uk , at the age of 7 or 15 , they migrate to australia , non of them want to go uk , they want to stay in australia or go america )

some aussie girls fancy a europe trip , after they come uk , they go back australia and never want to come uk again .

uk is small , wet , raining , cold ,snow , and the life is not as spot light like usa did

i love uk only because i m , i m like this . i uk patriotism , i love country life , i love english british girl i love the history and tradition of this country .
personally i don't feel the " boring " feeling that the other people feel about this country , uk . i always feel this country is great the way it is .

i m spec1al may be

I was born in Ireland. I'm half Irish and half Cuban. I went to school in Ireland, Spain, and the U.S. I traveled extensively through the UK and Europe as well as the Americas. I've got good friends in England and Scotland as well as half my family in Ireland and the rest in Cuba and Spain.

I'm not provincial. My world view is that the differences make the world interesting. Like with phones, the best learning and experience happens with an open mind.

iwoodland

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site

i m spec1al may be

What a load of drivel!

Ian from UK 🇬🇧

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
The more I read 6 and 6 Plus reviews here, the more conflicted I become. Men say 6 Plus too big. Women say 6 Plus just right. Huh? I'm still on a 4" screen 5. I upgrade in September. What's the real deal scoop? Will I find it a burden to lug around a 5.5" iPhone with huge bezels at the top and bottom, opting instead for the 4.7" 6 that's easy to handle, or will I find the 6 Plus a decent size for my tired old eyes trying to read all the low contrast text everywhere that many seem to embrace as the modern style sensitivities.
I've been the male 6 Plus user since day one and it is too big. But it's just something I deal with because of what I'm getting in return. That's basically the question you'll have to ask yourself once you have your hands on it.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site

i m spec1al may be

This is so confusing and badly written that it's actually impressive...holy god.

Trees

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
6 Plus is great if you wear glasses and need the larger screen to help with small font. I can actually read the screen without glasses somewhat without having to enlarge the font. Don't do that intentionally, but when picking up the phone to glance at something briefly, stuff can actually be read. While an overall smaller form factor with the same screen size would be great, that tradeoff to me isn't worth the usability that comes with the larger screen.

As for portability, its not an issue in the front pocket. Just remember to take the phone out before sitting down to put on shoes, or bend/move where the pressure in the pocket could exert force on the phone. I don't worry about the bezel as the 6 also has relatively the same bezel proportions, so not a way to get avoid that.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR