What does Apple need to do to compete better with the new Samsung S6 and S6 Edge?

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
It was horrible, it just reminded me of a S6. Nothing really changed. I'll definitely keep my note 4

Sent from my iPhone 6Plus  using Tapatalk

Is it just me or did it seriously look like an iPhone? I felt very odd holding it and looking at it at the same time as my iPhone 6...

I need to get a Note 4 to replace my 3 but it's just working so perfect. Plus it's got all my music and connects immediately to start playing when I turn on my car.

Ah, the little things that seem so mundane but make your day go smoothly!

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk Pro.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Re: What does Apple need to do to compete better with the new Samsung S6 and S6 E...

I felt horrible after looking at the Note 5. Antennae lines, looks like my iPhone. Curved glass, wow looks like my iPhone. No removable battery, again like my iPhone. No SD card, really.... Like my iPhone!

Add to no 128GB version, and I'm so over Samsung it's not even funny anymore.

I was one of those people who supported Samsung in saying "No way, they are doing their own thing. That lawsuit is BS.". Now I'm thinking if another lawsuit popped up, I wouldn't even be surprised... At all.

Sent from my iPad Mini 3 using Tapatalk.

I'm with you.

I bought the SGS 2 and 3 and the Note 4.

I'm waiting to see what they do with the Note 6 because I'm totally skipping the Note 5.

Sent from my GORGEOUS, SEXY, AWESOME Gold 128G iPhone 6

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
Re: What does Apple need to do to compete better with the new Samsung S6 and S6 E...

I'm with you.

I bought the SGS 2 and 3 and the Note 4.

I'm waiting to see what they do with the Note 6 because I'm totally skipping the Note 5.

Sent from my GORGEOUS, SEXY, AWESOME Gold 128G iPhone 6

I'm hearing rumors of a Note 5 active that'll come with removable battery and SD card. If this comes true, I'm not surprised. They did kind of veer off from what most of us Samsung owners bought the device for.

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Well it's official, with thirteen million unit sales in a weekend they don't have to.

Sent from my iPhone 6s+ using Tapatalk

scruffypig

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site

Keep believing that if you want to. All indications are that the S6 is selling like hot cakes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Who actually buys "hot cakes" anymore. Ever try waffles? They are to die for!

scruffypig

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
What does Apple need to do to compete better with the new Samsung S6 and S6 E...

I'm hearing rumors of a Note 5 active that'll come with removable battery and SD card. If this comes true, I'm not surprised. They did kind of veer off from what most of us Samsung owners bought the device for.

You should find better rumor sources, just sayin'... It's hard to make a truly active device that has all that. Not impossible, just harder.

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
What does Apple need to do to compete better with the new Samsung S6 and S6 E...

You should find better rumor sources, just sayin'... It's hard to make a truly active device that has all that. Not impossible, just harder.

Yeah. It's not like I'm saying it's coming true but the fact that they left out the SD card, that's the worst. I don't want to post links to other sites on here but if you Google Note 5 Active, you'll see what I've seen.

I think the battery won't be removable but if they're smart and do release this, a bigger battery + SD card would put them in a good place.

Sent from my iPad Air 2 using Tapatalk.

Shawn Schrader

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site

Personally I hate Samsung phones. I owned s4 horrible experiences I never even looked at another Samsung phone after. Apple don't do anything to be like crapsung

Hendri Hendri

Feb 1, 2015
Visit site
This is never ending story in every fan based forum

Android / Google for sure, copies some of Ios / osX feature (google music, google drive, google pay, google photos, google now ... ), and vice versa (live photos, more cam mpx, retina flash, 4k vid recording, split view multitasking, apple pencil, bigger phone, smaller tablets ..... well different name, with "better performance" as they said, but come on, it's the same concept which android phone has been using for years..

The difference is some android phone try to "re-image" iphone avowedly, but ios always have "reason" for the "so called" copied features :)

Of course, aparts from all of that, some really amazing innovation do comes from both os (force touch ?? Cool)

Samsung may be a copycat at their early age, but now, they do give some great innovation. Samsung pay is amazing.

Quite a long time I don't use android phone, all because of the lagging issues, I switch many android phones for years and never get wht I'm looking for, then I switch to ios 3 years ago and loved it so much (still do), and swear never to look back , better os support, no lagging, clean and simple.

But hey, I tried note 5, amazing screen, nice body built, and no lag at all (of course huge ram consumption as well ). Really nice feature, Spen is great, no complaint (at least for now). And I love my note 5 . That remind me to never say never Lol.

and for me, it's nothing near iphone 6+, some curving at back cover, glass material and totally different home button, how come it's iphone "alike" ? Because of the size, candybar and touch screen ? Seriously ...

(Of course I still love my iphone 5 as well, so not not taking side or biased here :p)

Posted via the iMore App for Android

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
and for me, it's nothing near iphone 6+, some curving at back cover, glass material and totally different home button, how come it's iphone "alike" ? Because of the size, candybar and touch screen ? Seriously ...

For me, it was the fact that they discarded SD cards, removable batteries, and added antenna lines... In the Note 5. That's what frustrated me and made feel they were pulling a copycat...

Hendri Hendri

Feb 1, 2015
Visit site
For me, it was the fact that they discarded SD cards, removable batteries, and added antenna lines... In the Note 5. That's what frustrated me and made feel they were pulling a copycat...

Never thought of tht way, maybe u're rite after all :) but do you feel the same for iphone when they launched bigger phone ? :p

Anyway, tht's just my opinion, everyone will have different idea

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
Never thought of tht way, maybe u're rite after all :) but do you feel the same for iphone when they launched bigger phone ? :p

Anyway, tht's just my opinion, everyone will have different idea

Yes. I felt that Apple moving to a 5.5' screen was them capitalizing on the bigger screen trend Samsung helped make possible and popular.

Sent from my iPad Mini 3 using Tapatalk. 🖖

Hendri Hendri

Feb 1, 2015
Visit site
Yes. I felt that Apple moving to a 5.5' screen was them capitalizing on the bigger screen trend Samsung helped make possible and popular.

The bottom line is ios will always have a great ram management, better os support and better security options. Also samsung is getting matured and do start to play their own games in some way (for their flagship product)

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
The bottom line is ios will always have a great ram management, better os support and better security options. Also samsung is getting matured and do start to play their own games in some way (for their flagship product)

Android will never run natively like iOS. It can't ever be as efficient since it's baked in a virtual environment. However, I'll forgive Samsung if they'll give back SD cards. Until then, the Note 3 will be the last device I buy from them. I'd like to buy that Note 5, if it had an SD card slot!

Shawn Schrader

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
samsung made bigger screen trendable with note series. i dont see them as pulling a copycat because in my opinion if it was a copycat it woulda been done along time ago.the orginal note was in 2012. if apple was just trying copycat and get people over they woulda done it years ago i just seem them now as trying get trendy people. theres plenty of phones came out before the note and around the note series that were around 4.7 to 4.9 inches. couldnt you say samsung just copied those and up the anti a lil ? really list can go on and on and on and on of things samsung did that copied others. if your true samsung fan you wouldnt even think about iphone. dont post on a forum board for anything android and mention you have iphone those people are vicious :p theyll jump threw screen and murder you lol.

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
samsung made bigger screen trendable with note series. i dont see them as pulling a copycat because in my opinion if it was a copycat it woulda been done along time ago.the orginal note was in 2012. if apple was just trying copycat and get people over they woulda done it years ago i just seem them now as trying get trendy people. theres plenty of phones came out before the note and around the note series that were around 4.7 to 4.9 inches. couldnt you say samsung just copied those and up the anti a lil ? really list can go on and on and on and on of things samsung did that copied others. if your true samsung fan you wouldnt even think about iphone. dont post on a forum board for anything android and mention you have iphone those people are vicious :p theyll jump threw screen and murder you lol.

Nah, I've got an Android, BlackBerry, Windows phone, and iPhone. I think as long as you're not bashing another product with biased opinion or trashing a manufacturer indiscriminately, you can have good conversations. I was a true Samsung fan until I realized I could have my cake... And pie, cookies, ice cream, and any other darn thing I wanted.

So I got my first iPhone, the 5c. Got myself all other brands, OS's, and just started enjoying everything I could get my hands on. Now Samsung eliminated SD cards so I'm pretty upset at them.. Oh well. Maybe I'll get acquainted with that BlackBerry Priv or give LG a shot.... How about Sony?...

That Windows Lumina 950 looks good too. I love blue phones like my 640. That cyan color, reminds me of that 5c! So pretty...

But seriously though, everyone just needs to enjoy what they have, try new things if they aren't, and keep an open mind!

Shawn Schrader

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
I acquired a Motorola from family member he was upgrading was gonna just throw it away and I love the weather widget Motorola uses the circle thing. I don't remember what forum but was android forum I let it slip I had iPhone primarily boy did they chew me a new one :-/ Called me this and this and I was a stupid mother effer and get loss loser etc etc.

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
I acquired a Motorola from family member he was upgrading was gonna just throw it away and I love the weather widget Motorola uses the circle thing. I don't remember what forum but was android forum I let it slip I had iPhone primarily boy did they chew me a new one :-/ Called me this and this and I was a stupid mother effer and get loss loser etc etc.

Oh I just totally ignore people like that. Live and let live I say. I had a Motorola Sidekick, Atrix, and Triumph. Triumph had such square corners, it was the first device I ever ever cracked a screen on.

I used to like HTC. That Evo 3D I still own is pretty nifty. 3D photos are pretty cool to look at, albeit very gimmicky in reality. Novelty is fun.

What was your first smartphone?

Shawn Schrader

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
I dunno if it's really classified one but online they classify it as one its so basic tho haha was lg prime go phone att they still sell it here for like 9.99$