and for me, it's nothing near iphone 6+, some curving at back cover, glass material and totally different home button, how come it's iphone "alike" ? Because of the size, candybar and touch screen ? Seriously ...

Posted via the iMore App for Android
    For me, it was the fact that they discarded SD cards, removable batteries, and added antenna lines... In the Note 5. That's what frustrated me and made feel they were pulling a copycat...

Sent from my iPad Air 2 using Tapatalk.
    10-06-2015 02:42 PM
    For me, it was the fact that they discarded SD cards, removable batteries, and added antenna lines... In the Note 5. That's what frustrated me and made feel they were pulling a copycat...

Never thought of tht way, maybe u're rite after all but do you feel the same for iphone when they launched bigger phone ?

Anyway, tht's just my opinion, everyone will have different idea

10-06-2015 02:47 PM
    Never thought of tht way, maybe u're rite after all but do you feel the same for iphone when they launched bigger phone ?

Anyway, tht's just my opinion, everyone will have different idea

Yes. I felt that Apple moving to a 5.5' screen was them capitalizing on the bigger screen trend Samsung helped make possible and popular.

Sent from my iPad Mini 3 using Tapatalk. 🖖
    10-06-2015 03:01 PM
    Yes. I felt that Apple moving to a 5.5' screen was them capitalizing on the bigger screen trend Samsung helped make possible and popular.

The bottom line is ios will always have a great ram management, better os support and better security options. Also samsung is getting matured and do start to play their own games in some way (for their flagship product)

10-06-2015 03:11 PM
    The bottom line is ios will always have a great ram management, better os support and better security options. Also samsung is getting matured and do start to play their own games in some way (for their flagship product)

Android will never run natively like iOS. It can't ever be as efficient since it's baked in a virtual environment. However, I'll forgive Samsung if they'll give back SD cards. Until then, the Note 3 will be the last device I buy from them. I'd like to buy that Note 5, if it had an SD card slot!

10-06-2015 03:25 PM
    samsung made bigger screen trendable with note series. i dont see them as pulling a copycat because in my opinion if it was a copycat it woulda been done along time ago.the orginal note was in 2012. if apple was just trying copycat and get people over they woulda done it years ago i just seem them now as trying get trendy people. theres plenty of phones came out before the note and around the note series that were around 4.7 to 4.9 inches. couldnt you say samsung just copied those and up the anti a lil ? really list can go on and on and on and on of things samsung did that copied others. if your true samsung fan you wouldnt even think about iphone. dont post on a forum board for anything android and mention you have iphone those people are vicious :-p theyll jump threw screen and murder you lol.
    10-06-2015 04:47 PM
    samsung made bigger screen trendable with note series. i dont see them as pulling a copycat because in my opinion if it was a copycat it woulda been done along time ago.the orginal note was in 2012. if apple was just trying copycat and get people over they woulda done it years ago i just seem them now as trying get trendy people. theres plenty of phones came out before the note and around the note series that were around 4.7 to 4.9 inches. couldnt you say samsung just copied those and up the anti a lil ? really list can go on and on and on and on of things samsung did that copied others. if your true samsung fan you wouldnt even think about iphone. dont post on a forum board for anything android and mention you have iphone those people are vicious :-p theyll jump threw screen and murder you lol.
    Nah, I've got an Android, BlackBerry, Windows phone, and iPhone. I think as long as you're not bashing another product with biased opinion or trashing a manufacturer indiscriminately, you can have good conversations. I was a true Samsung fan until I realized I could have my cake... And pie, cookies, ice cream, and any other darn thing I wanted.

So I got my first iPhone, the 5c. Got myself all other brands, OS's, and just started enjoying everything I could get my hands on. Now Samsung eliminated SD cards so I'm pretty upset at them.. Oh well. Maybe I'll get acquainted with that BlackBerry Priv or give LG a shot.... How about Sony?...

That Windows Lumina 950 looks good too. I love blue phones like my 640. That cyan color, reminds me of that 5c! So pretty...

But seriously though, everyone just needs to enjoy what they have, try new things if they aren't, and keep an open mind!

10-06-2015 04:55 PM
    I acquired a Motorola from family member he was upgrading was gonna just throw it away and I love the weather widget Motorola uses the circle thing. I don't remember what forum but was android forum I let it slip I had iPhone primarily boy did they chew me a new one :-/ Called me this and this and I was a stupid mother effer and get loss loser etc etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    10-06-2015 04:58 PM
    I acquired a Motorola from family member he was upgrading was gonna just throw it away and I love the weather widget Motorola uses the circle thing. I don't remember what forum but was android forum I let it slip I had iPhone primarily boy did they chew me a new one :-/ Called me this and this and I was a stupid mother effer and get loss loser etc etc.

Oh I just totally ignore people like that. Live and let live I say. I had a Motorola Sidekick, Atrix, and Triumph. Triumph had such square corners, it was the first device I ever ever cracked a screen on.

I used to like HTC. That Evo 3D I still own is pretty nifty. 3D photos are pretty cool to look at, albeit very gimmicky in reality. Novelty is fun.

What was your first smartphone?

10-06-2015 05:06 PM
    I dunno if it's really classified one but online they classify it as one its so basic tho haha was lg prime go phone att they still sell it here for like 9.99$

10-06-2015 05:08 PM
    I dunno if it's really classified one but online they classify it as one its so basic tho haha was lg prime go phone att they still sell it here for like 9.99$

Wow! Mine was the Huawei Ascend. I learned how to root, recovery, and ROM Android from that device... Most exciting time of my life!

10-06-2015 05:14 PM
    I don't think they need to do anything. No phone maker is making money besides Apple that is. Samsung makes some but nothing close to Apple. I tried high end Moto, and Galaxies in the past and both of them have one thing in common. Lousy support and they don't age well. Within a year they just didn't have the same zing as when I got them. iPhones were able to stay pretty peppy even after a two year cycle. Galaxy devices are great I just think they have the same premium feel as a iPhone.
    10-07-2015 01:26 PM
    Saw a headline earlier today that Sumsung's increase in earnings this quarter was solely based on Apple's contracting Samsung to make chips for Apple... Ironic.
    jayk82 likes this.
    10-07-2015 01:30 PM
    I think it's funny in its own way. The company " trying to compete" with you gets so mad just throw them money and have them work for you lol. Silly Samsung :-p
    10-07-2015 02:29 PM
    I think it's funny in its own way. The company " trying to compete" with you gets so mad just throw them money and have them work for you lol. Silly Samsung :-p
    More likely that building phones successfully at low margin and high volume showed how adept the higher-margin Samsung microprocessor division was (and drove down margins of the phone market). *Smart* Samsung.
    10-07-2015 03:46 PM
    Damn how do I keep missing all the good threads!!

I don't think Apple needs to worry about competing with Samsung simply because Apple is stomping their brains out.

Like Spencer said earlier in the thread, I was at the fair tonight and most every phone I saw was an iPhone and if it was Android then I saw most people using Samsung. I still think that Samsung is trying to be the iPhone of Android so bad and they want their name synonymous with Android but if I wasn't all in with Apple and could afford to have two phones I would be buying the Nexus 6P in a heartbeat. I did preorder it but cancelled LOL because I'm on my 6S+ with JUMP! On Demand through T-Mobile and I have an Watch that I love so I'm not willing to give those things up to go back to Android plus there's no comparable Android Wear watch right now that could replace my Watch.

The Lannisters send their regards
    10-08-2015 06:03 AM
166 ... 567