S6 has a 1440 x 2560 pixels. iPhone 6 has only 1334x750 or 720p. It would cost Apple an extra $20 more a phone to match the Galaxy S6 but 1080p would cost around $6 more per phone to increase the screen resolution to HD quality.
    08-06-2015 12:16 AM
    It's official the s6 is a sales flop, don't see why the iPhone would need to compete with it.

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk
    tadpoles likes this.
    08-06-2015 04:13 AM
    S6 has a 1440 x 2560 pixels. iPhone 6 has only 1334x750 or 720p. It would cost Apple an extra $20 more a phone to match the Galaxy S6 but 1080p would cost around $6 more per phone to increase the screen resolution to HD quality.
    It would cost the iPhone battery life with no real benefit. The iPhone 6's display is already crystal clear and some folks complain about its battery. Lots of folks complain about the S6's battery. The Android Central forums are ripe with it.
    Flow39 likes this.
    08-07-2015 02:25 AM
    It would cost the iPhone battery life with no real benefit. The iPhone 6's display is already crystal clear and some folks complain about its battery. Lots of folks complain about the S6's battery. The Android Central forums are ripe with it.
    Exactly. I don't want a 2k display if it's going to slow performance and eat the battery. The iPhone 6's display is already great as it is. Sure, would I like to see higher resolution? Yes, but not at the expense of battery life or performance.
    Haalcyon likes this.
    08-07-2015 02:50 AM
    I think so, especially since I think they can even be found with decent discounts/rebates. If your Note 3 has Lollipop how is the S Pen doing in S Note now? Mine didn't behave so good after it got the Lollipop update.

That's one thing I haven't had to worry about with iOS. The updates haven't borked anything on my iPhones (that I've noticed).
    I've been running a custom ROM on it since the day I got it. I think it's running a Kit Kat stock modified ROM called Jedi Elite.

It works amazing, I haven't messed with it except once or twice if the ROM got updated substantially.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk!
    08-09-2015 06:36 AM
    Exactly. I don't want a 2k display if it's going to slow performance and eat the battery. The iPhone 6's display is already great as it is. Sure, would I like to see higher resolution? Yes, but not at the expense of battery life or performance.
    While I think those 2K and 4K displays are nice, some of them give me a headache. This laptop I'd bought new got returned because it gave me extreme eye strain... =\

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk!
    08-09-2015 06:39 AM
    All I have to say is, "more Android users are switching to Apple than any other time in history". Hummm, I wonder why?
    That still doesn't back up the assertion that Android users are jealous whereas iPhone users use what works for them.

Typical, I suppose.
    08-10-2015 03:38 PM
    I think what Apple needs to do compete against not just the S6 but Android in general is to allow some customization. Say...themes. Allow themes for iOS right out of the box. No jailbreak needed. A theme could include icon sets and fonts. That would go such a long way to appeasing a lot of people. Not interested? Don't theme. Apple should implement this and there would be tons of themes created. If Apple has to strengthen iOS to support themes, then so be it. God rest his soul, Steve Jobs is gone and in IMO so should be limitations he envisioned.
    I would love themes like back in the day of the old BlackBerry glory days. They kept the devices fresh. Last time full themes were possible were in the days of the 9800.

I'd LOVE themes like those on my iPhone, out of the box.
    08-11-2015 11:57 AM
    I have to be honest, I like my Note 4 a lot. I'm just not sure how I'm going to feel about the Note 5 depending on what it does and doesn't have. I'm pretty sure, though, that I'll like the 6 Plus' replacement. I may end up with both, we'll just have to see.

Sent from the Elegance
    Yup, right with you. I love my Note 4 but I love my iPhone better than anything out there.
    08-11-2015 12:01 PM
    Someone said this a few pages back, but it seems like Samsung has to play mind games to get people to buy their stuff. Every samsung commercial i see (especially around an iPhone release) is "we do this and this...ya know...unlike those OTHER PHONES...(insert obvious iPhone here)"

I've never once seen apple go after someone else blatantly in their advertising (recently about phones i mean. i know they did the mac vs pc ads a while ago). they just present their product. done.
    The recent Apple ads are snarky in their implied attacks. If you honestly watch an iphone commercial and don't realize they are attacking the competition then the advertising team did its job, but they are attacking the competition. "If it's not an iPhone, it's not an iPhone" it says it all. It says our camera isn't as good nor is the battery life and we add features at a snail's pace and said NFC was evil until it wasn't.

Long time Apple user, but not fooled by the man behind the curtain.
    08-14-2015 10:58 PM
    Long time Apple user, but not fooled by the man behind the curtain.
    You're not "fooled"? What does that even mean? Apple's advertising is trying to fool anyone, it's very in your face about feeling their product is top of the food chain, and to a substantial amount of people, it most certainly is. Their marketing team is focused on making people feel the iPhone is the device to buy by making it seem exclusive, sexy and cool...the hardware itself simply retains the customers (and it has done that well, for almost a decade now).

The last sentence of that first paragraph was actually hilarious...I don't even really need to directly respond to it because I think you know it was a load of BS as well, and you said it.
    DarkKnight08 likes this.
    08-15-2015 11:28 PM
    I felt horrible after looking at the Note 5. Antennae lines, looks like my iPhone. Curved glass, wow looks like my iPhone. No removable battery, again like my iPhone. No SD card, really.... Like my iPhone!

Add to no 128GB version, and I'm so over Samsung it's not even funny anymore.

I was one of those people who supported Samsung in saying "No way, they are doing their own thing. That lawsuit is BS.". Now I'm thinking if another lawsuit popped up, I wouldn't even be surprised... At all.

Sent from my iPad Mini 3 using Tapatalk.
    Coachbulldog and Haalcyon like this.
    08-22-2015 06:29 AM
    I felt horrible after looking at the Note 5. Antennae lines, looks like my iPhone. Curved glass, wow looks like my iPhone. No removable battery, again like my iPhone. No SD card, really.... Like my iPhone!

I was one of those people who supported Samsung in saying "No way, they are doing their own thing. That lawsuit is BS.". Now I'm thinking if another lawsuit popped up, I wouldn't even be surprised... At all.

Damn, it's that bad ??? I haven't seen it in person yet. I'm gonna go check it out when best buy opens now.

Sent from my iPhone 6Plus  using Tapatalk
    08-22-2015 06:57 AM
    Damn, it's that bad ??? I haven't seen it in person yet. I'm gonna go check it out when best buy opens now.

So how was it?

08-23-2015 02:13 AM
    It was horrible, it just reminded me of a S6. Nothing really changed. I'll definitely keep my note 4

08-23-2015 02:27 AM
    It was horrible, it just reminded me of a S6. Nothing really changed. I'll definitely keep my note 4

Is it just me or did it seriously look like an iPhone? I felt very odd holding it and looking at it at the same time as my iPhone 6...

I need to get a Note 4 to replace my 3 but it's just working so perfect. Plus it's got all my music and connects immediately to start playing when I turn on my car.

Ah, the little things that seem so mundane but make your day go smoothly!

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk Pro.
    08-23-2015 05:10 AM
    And this time last year everyone thought they were ugly, but bought them anyway.
    09-11-2015 09:01 AM

I'm with you.

I bought the SGS 2 and 3 and the Note 4.

I'm waiting to see what they do with the Note 6 because I'm totally skipping the Note 5.

Sent from my GORGEOUS, SEXY, AWESOME Gold 128G iPhone 6
    09-11-2015 09:29 AM
    I'm with you.

I bought the SGS 2 and 3 and the Note 4.

I'm waiting to see what they do with the Note 6 because I'm totally skipping the Note 5.

Sent from my GORGEOUS, SEXY, AWESOME Gold 128G iPhone 6
    I'm hearing rumors of a Note 5 active that'll come with removable battery and SD card. If this comes true, I'm not surprised. They did kind of veer off from what most of us Samsung owners bought the device for.

09-11-2015 06:39 PM
    Well it's official, with thirteen million unit sales in a weekend they don't have to.

Sent from my iPhone 6s+ using Tapatalk
    newsman787 likes this.
    10-06-2015 04:30 AM
    Keep believing that if you want to. All indications are that the S6 is selling like hot cakes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Who actually buys "hot cakes" anymore. Ever try waffles? They are to die for!
    10-06-2015 01:36 PM
    I'm hearing rumors of a Note 5 active that'll come with removable battery and SD card. If this comes true, I'm not surprised. They did kind of veer off from what most of us Samsung owners bought the device for.

You should find better rumor sources, just sayin'... It's hard to make a truly active device that has all that. Not impossible, just harder.
    10-06-2015 01:40 PM
    You should find better rumor sources, just sayin'... It's hard to make a truly active device that has all that. Not impossible, just harder.
    Yeah. It's not like I'm saying it's coming true but the fact that they left out the SD card, that's the worst. I don't want to post links to other sites on here but if you Google Note 5 Active, you'll see what I've seen.

I think the battery won't be removable but if they're smart and do release this, a bigger battery + SD card would put them in a good place.

Sent from my iPad Air 2 using Tapatalk.
    10-06-2015 02:23 PM
    Personally I hate Samsung phones. I owned s4 horrible experiences I never even looked at another Samsung phone after. Apple don't do anything to be like crapsung
    10-06-2015 02:31 PM
    This is never ending story in every fan based forum

Android / Google for sure, copies some of Ios / osX feature (google music, google drive, google pay, google photos, google now ... ), and vice versa (live photos, more cam mpx, retina flash, 4k vid recording, split view multitasking, apple pencil, bigger phone, smaller tablets ..... well different name, with "better performance" as they said, but come on, it's the same concept which android phone has been using for years..

The difference is some android phone try to "re-image" iphone avowedly, but ios always have "reason" for the "so called" copied features

Of course, aparts from all of that, some really amazing innovation do comes from both os (force touch ?? Cool)

Samsung may be a copycat at their early age, but now, they do give some great innovation. Samsung pay is amazing.

Quite a long time I don't use android phone, all because of the lagging issues, I switch many android phones for years and never get wht I'm looking for, then I switch to ios 3 years ago and loved it so much (still do), and swear never to look back , better os support, no lagging, clean and simple.

But hey, I tried note 5, amazing screen, nice body built, and no lag at all (of course huge ram consumption as well ). Really nice feature, Spen is great, no complaint (at least for now). And I love my note 5 . That remind me to never say never Lol.

and for me, it's nothing near iphone 6+, some curving at back cover, glass material and totally different home button, how come it's iphone "alike" ? Because of the size, candybar and touch screen ? Seriously ...

(Of course I still love my iphone 5 as well, so not not taking side or biased here )

Posted via the iMore App for Android
    10-06-2015 02:38 PM
166 ... 4567