Looks like the s6/s6 edge was such a flop that Samsung is thinking about releasing the note 5 early.

http://m.whowired.com/news/articleVi...l?idxno=407141

I guess the op finally has his answer.

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk
    05-18-2015 05:32 PM
    Looks like the s6/s6 edge was such a flop that Samsung is thinking about releasing the note 5 early.

whowired ??? ???, ???????, Samsung Electronics release Galaxy Note 5 as early as the end of July

I believe that you missed it on this one.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Is A Hit: New Production Facility Opened To Meet Demand : PERSONAL TECH : Tech Times
    05-24-2015 12:12 AM
    I would bet that both of those articles had an agenda.
    05-24-2015 12:25 PM
    What would you like him to do? admit it's a failure?

Didn't Samsung deny that the s5 was a flop as well.
    We all know how that turned out.

The truth is Galaxy s6 aren't selling and inventory is starting to pile up especially the non edge variant.

05-25-2015 02:33 AM

The production facility is for manufacuring oled displays, it's a component facility.

"Adding the production line, known as A3, enables Samsung Display Co. to more than double monthly output to 5 million screens from about 2 million currently, the people said, asking not to be identified as the matter is private. The plant is now online after the company previously planned on using the new factory sometime in June, one of the people said."

Wanna bet that the extra capacity is for the note 5?

05-25-2015 02:37 AM

The truth is Galaxy s6 aren't selling and inventory is starting to pile up especially the non edge variant.

Keep believing that if you want to. All indications are that the S6 is selling like hot cakes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    05-25-2015 11:32 AM
    The production facility is for manufacuring oled displays, it's a component facility.

"Adding the production line, known as A3, enables Samsung Display Co. to more than double monthly output to 5 million screens from about 2 million currently, the people said, asking not to be identified as the matter is private. The plant is now online after the company previously planned on using the new factory sometime in June, one of the people said."

Wanna bet that the extra capacity is for the note 5?

and in order to meet consumer demand, Samsung has opened a third production facility to build the Galaxy S6 Edge's display.

A new report from Bloomberg claims that Samsung has added a new production line, known as A3, which will allow Samsung to more than double the monthly output of Galaxy S6 Edge displays from two million per month to five million screens per month.

Kinda selective in quoting the text, huh? It specifically states the S6 Edge.
    Premium1 likes this.
    05-25-2015 11:53 AM
    Have to say though, recently been in the USA. Most phones i see to peoples ears are iPhones! They really have the market in the US. Called in to a Apple shop to steal their wifi lol and a look, the one near Central Park, and the place was buzzing! It was busier than any shop in 5th Ave lol..
    05-25-2015 09:19 PM
    and in order to meet consumer demand, Samsung has opened a third production facility to build the Galaxy S6 Edge's display.

A new report from Bloomberg claims that Samsung has added a new production line, known as A3, which will allow Samsung to more than double the monthly output of Galaxy S6 Edge displays from two million per month to five million screens per month.

Kinda selective in quoting the text, huh? It specifically states the S6 Edge.
    Not really, I quoted the source.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articl...s-demand-soars.

05-26-2015 04:02 AM
    Not really, I quoted the source.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articl...s-demand-soars.

No, you left out "Galaxy S6 Edge".

05-26-2015 04:55 AM

Just to be clear, your saying that samsung will sell/ship 15 million galaxy s6 edge by July?
    06-01-2015 05:36 AM
    Just to be clear, your saying that samsung will sell/ship 15 million galaxy s6 edge by July?
    That's very possible.

06-01-2015 05:41 AM
    That's very possible.

Don't back track.
    You claimed it was a certainty.

Which is it.

06-01-2015 10:37 AM
    Don't back track.
    You claimed it was a certainty.

Which is it.

1- Please show me where I said that it was a certainty. 2- "Which is it?"--- What are you talking about? I am saying that you cherry-picked your quote, and left out the part about the Edge, as it specifically states that the plant is being opened for the Edge.
    06-01-2015 11:37 AM
    1- Please show me where I said that it was a certainty. 2- "Which is it?"--- What are you talking about? I am saying that you cherry-picked your quote, and left out the part about the Edge, as it specifically states that the plant is being opened for the Edge.
    I did, look up.

Your going from "galaxy s6 edge" to just "edge".

06-01-2015 12:40 PM
    I did, look up.

Your going from "galaxy s6 edge" to just "edge".

You're talking crazy now.

BreakingKayfabe likes this.
    06-01-2015 12:45 PM

http://m.whowired.com/news/articleVi...l?idxno=407141

Eh apparently the s6 are meeting sales goals. I think the note is targeted at a different audience and if they are pushing up the launch its to get in before the iPhone, not because of the s6 sales. They want to try and steal as many sales as they can before the iPhone becomes the "talk of the town" in aug/sept when it launches.
    06-01-2015 09:49 PM

Samsung came out and said the s5 didn't meet expectations and thats why they weren't getting all the bonuses and what not.
    06-01-2015 09:52 PM
    Eh apparently the s6 are meeting sales goals.
    what sales goal?

I think the note is targeted at a different audience and if they are pushing up the launch its to get in before the iPhone, not because of the s6 sales. They want to try and steal as many sales as they can before the iPhone becomes the "talk of the town" in aug/sept when it launches.

it is being reported that Note 4 sales have tanking by as much as 40%, so you would be wrong about its target demographic as well.
    06-08-2015 07:07 AM
    You guys live for feeding the trolls.
    06-08-2015 07:53 AM
    what sales goal?

it is being reported that Note 4 sales have tanking by as much as 40%, so you would be wrong about its target demographic as well.
    The note 4 is almost a year old what do you expect? And any "proof" to back your claims of sales tanking? Not to mention how does that show being wrong about the target demographic? I said they wanted to try and get as many sales as they can before the new iPhone is out.
    06-08-2015 04:15 PM
    The note 4 is almost a year old what do you expect? And any "proof" to back your claims of sales tanking? Not to mention how does that show being wrong about the target demographic? I said they wanted to try and get as many sales as they can before the new iPhone is out.
    Well, the sales of the Galaxy S6 have tanked, as FFR tried to tell me earlier, but I didn't realize it until I did some reading.
    06-08-2015 07:11 PM
    Well, the sales of the Galaxy S6 have tanked, as FFR tried to tell me earlier, but I didn't realize it until I did some reading.
    Tanked how? It doesn't sell in Apple like numbers, but still selling pretty well for an android device.

Sent from my iPhone using tapatalk
    06-08-2015 07:39 PM
    Tanked how? It doesn't sell in Apple like numbers, but still selling pretty well for an android device.

Tanked as in Samsung claimed 20 million pre-orders at launch, and that was a lie. It took 39 days to hit 10 million, which is slower than the S5, and we know what a sales success that the S5 was/s. So yeah, the sales numbers suck.
    06-08-2015 07:48 PM
    Tanked as in Samsung claimed 20 million pre-orders at launch, and that was a lie. It took 39 days to hit 10 million, which is slower than the S5, and we know what a sales success that the S5 was/s. So yeah, the sales numbers suck.
    20 million was what the channels ordered so not sure how that's a lie.

06-08-2015 08:02 PM
166 12345 ...