How likely is it that the iPhone 6S will come with 2GB RAM?

saintforlife

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
Is it pretty much a given seeing as how the iPad Air 2 came with more RAM, so we know Apple is not against putting more memory in iOS devices?

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
I wouldn't try to guess. I've seen people get excited over rumours then disappointed when the rumours don't pan out.
Only way to know is when they announce it.

Sent from my SEXY GORGEOUS AWESOME GOLD 128G iPhone 6

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I would be disappointed all the time by Apple if I listened to rumors or assumed their next move. I can't say how likely it is but I sure as heck hope they include it.

A895

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
It may be likely. Every S update has some hardware improvements, and I can see Apple doing 2GB of RAM. it would allow better multitasking, less web browser tabs refreshes and apps can stay in memory longer so apps don't get kicked out after a while.It can very well make the phone that much better. A8 processor is very powerful as is. The 2GB of RAM would be icing on the cake. I have been arguing with myself of moving to iOS because I can't find a decent smartphone under 5 inches on Verizon.

I have an upgrade in December, and I am thinking on waiting to see what the 6S brings, and if it brings 2GB of RAM and keeps the same size, I will definitely get it. Android has had major RAM issues lately, and the standby time for Android devices in general suck, something iOS handles much better. Not to mention a few apps I use for school are much better on iOS than Android.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Impossible to know for sure...but honestly, the current phones function just fine with 1GB of RAM, so what's the rush?
It'll make all those in their mom's basement dwelling pajama wearing tech-nerds that compare things based solely on specs on paper STFU... :D

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
I don't worry about specs and Apple products anymore. As long as they work, I don't care what's in them. In this situation, for me, ignorance is bliss. I just want my iPhone to work well and it does. I don't need to understand the magic.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

boovish

Jul 23, 2012
Visit site
What do people want more RAM for? Seriously! The iPhone does NOT need more freaking memory, the software has been completely optimized around the unique hardware of the device.

robbrick

Dec 12, 2003
www.dimensiondvd.com
It'll make all those in their mom's basement dwelling pajama wearing tech-nerds that compare things based solely on specs on paper STFU... :D

HAHA! But you do realize they would then be asking for 3GB... LOL

Who cares about certain specs? All Samsung does is sell phones by specifications and lists of features. Ever seen an iPhone commercial that shows the specs of the phone? NO. All Samsung or LG, etc commercials do and that poisons the minds of consumers that think these things matter when they don't.

kurpaige

Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
2gb? Why not removable upgradable ram for iphones so apple can sell 4 or even 8gb ram chips and people can think its working better now that it has more ram. Both 6 and 6+ work better than just about any phone sold BUT they need more ram? I guess they should add more ram so people can brag to their android friends about having as much ram as they do.

A895

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
What do people want more RAM for? Seriously! The iPhone does NOT need more freaking memory, the software has been completely optimized around the unique hardware of the device.

RAM allows more apps to stay in memory and improves multitasking. You can have multiple tabs open in the browser, no refresh too. It overall helps improve using the phone. Even iOS will eventually run into a wall where it has a desktop class processor with a 1GB of RAM.

It isn't for bragging rights, it actually makes a marked performance difference. I mean look at actual laptops, using a Laptop with 2GB of RAM compared to 4GB is a big difference. It is about the same going from 1GB to 2GB.

Posted via the iMore App for Android

A895

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
2gb? Why not removable upgradable ram for iphones so apple can sell 4 or even 8gb ram chips and people can think its working better now that it has more ram. Both 6 and 6+ work better than just about any phone sold BUT they need more ram? I guess they should add more ram so people can brag to their android friends about having as much ram as they do.

I don't think anyone brags about RAM, it actually increases performance. Ever wonder why the Note 4 can do so many tasks at once? That 3GB of RAM helps. As a matter of fact, the Note 4 is one of the few phones that allows real desktop like multitasking. You can have several apps open on one screen. RAM can make all the difference.

hatchettjack

Dec 15, 2014
Visit site
I don't think anyone brags about RAM, it actually increases performance. Ever wonder why the Note 4 can do so many tasks at once? That 3GB of RAM helps. As a matter of fact, the Note 4 is one of the few phones that allows real desktop like multitasking. You can have several apps open on one screen. RAM can make all the difference.

For desktop like multitasking I use my desktop! I have multiple tabs open on my phone all the time and no unwanted refreshes here! 1 gb is plenty!

Sent from my  6+

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site

This is true, however, the two operating systems don't work the same way. What some are saying is that having that much RAM may be a waste on an iOS device because it doesn't need it to do what it already does well. If desktop multi-tasking is what a person needs, then iOS isn't for them and yes, then they may need to seek a device that has that much RAM.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
It wouldn't hurt for the 6s Plus to come with 1.5 gb RAM. The 6s and below won't need it. The resolution is lower. The Plus doesn't need more now, but will going forward. The issue with more RAM memory is less battery life and it would use more wifi and cellular data. 2gb would be too much for the 5.5" iOS. 1.5 gb though? May very well need it soon.

Sent from my ancient iPhone 5 (no longer trustworthy)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711