Rumors are that the iPhone 6S and 6S+ will have 2GB RAM.

Yay to multi-tasking and no reloads of Safari tabs and apps!
    03-05-2015 04:08 AM
    Not the same, but I would also love it if it has 32GB of storage in the base model. Samsung did it...Apple should too 😀

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimLP 5.0.2
    03-12-2015 11:49 PM
    Not the same, but I would also love it if it has 32GB of storage in the base model. Samsung did it...Apple should too

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimLP 5.0.2
    Samsung is also charging more.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk
    03-13-2015 04:17 AM
    I also think this year iPhone6s series will come finally with 2GB RAM, everything points to it.
    03-13-2015 12:48 PM
    I also think this year iPhone6s series will come finally with 2GB RAM, everything points to it.

Agree, with the iPad getting it, it only makes sense. That would also allow apple to really up the multi tasking as well as prevent all those app reloads all the time.
    03-14-2015 02:33 PM
    This is a question that no one can answer, at this point it's all speculations. I don't mind having just 1GB as it is now, but I would love to see 2GB of RAM. Never hurts to have a bit more RAM.

On the topic of RAMs, I would love to see LPDDR4 in the next gen iPhone this year too, or maybe i'm just being greedy. haha.
    Premium1 likes this.
    04-03-2015 12:39 AM
    I don't open too many browser Windows so I'm fine with having 1GB but having 2 is of course welcome...
    Last edited by Speedygi; 04-05-2015 at 06:36 AM.
    Alex_Hong likes this.
    04-03-2015 01:04 AM

um no they aren't. Still the same $199 on contract.... Samsung Galaxy S6 | Verizon Wireless
    04-04-2015 11:08 AM
    I don't open too many browser Windows so I'm find with having 1GB but having 2 is of course welcome...

Not even browser, the apps reloading is a pain.
    Speedygi and calebt like this.
    04-04-2015 11:09 AM
    Not even browser, the apps reloading is a pain.
    I hate that too, but simply reloading the app by myself isn't too much of a hassle...
    04-04-2015 09:33 PM
    I hate that too, but simply reloading the app by myself isn't too much of a hassle...
    Agree, but if I'm doing some sort of multi tasking switching back and forth it's irritating and a waste of time. Just would be nice without all the reloading of apps

Sent from my iPhone using tapatalk
    Speedygi and calebt like this.
    04-04-2015 09:37 PM
    Agree, but if I'm doing some sort of multi tasking switching back and forth it's irritating and a waste of time. Just would be nice without all the reloading of apps

Sent from my iPhone using tapatalk
    Lets hope this year, things will change.
    Premium1 and calebt like this.
    04-05-2015 06:34 AM
    For those who are saying that the iPhone does not need additional RAM, is that not the reason iPhones such as mine restart on their own when under heavy use? If it is, then I must say that the next iteration certainly does need additional RAM. Hopefully they add it by the time I am to upgrade to the 7.
    04-05-2015 08:32 AM

$30 more. Make the iPhone equally expensive if need be. Just put in 32GB of storage and 2GB of RAM

Sent from my Galaxy Note 4
    04-08-2015 11:22 PM
    RAM allows more apps to stay in memory and improves multitasking. You can have multiple tabs open in the browser, no refresh too. It overall helps improve using the phone. Even iOS will eventually run into a wall where it has a desktop class processor with a 1GB of RAM.

It isn't for bragging rights, it actually makes a marked performance difference. I mean look at actual laptops, using a Laptop with 2GB of RAM compared to 4GB is a big difference. It is about the same going from 1GB to 2GB.

Posted via the iMore App for Android
    I can appreciate this. I come to this site periodically and read some of the posts and one thing that I always take away when I do is how defensive and obnoxious some iFans are. The reality is the more RAM the more functionality the phone will have. Many people can be happy with how the phone functions...now. But don't you want Apple to continue to expand. I often laugh about scenarios like this. Years ago it was the same thing, the iPhone functions well with a 3.5" screen. We don't need it to be bigger. There are numerous cases of this happening. Then Apple will make the change and iFans will laude it. The same will be true about RAM.
    05-05-2015 12:12 PM
    I can appreciate this. I come to this site periodically and read some of the posts and one thing that I always take away when I do is how defensive and obnoxious some iFans are. The reality is the more RAM the more functionality the phone will have. Many people can be happy with how the phone functions...now. But don't you want Apple to continue to expand. I often laugh about scenarios like this. Years ago it was the same thing, the iPhone functions well with a 3.5" screen. We don't need it to be bigger. There are numerous cases of this happening. Then Apple will make the change and iFans will laude it. The same will be true about RAM.
    These are not all "iFans". But they are a very smart bunch.
    http://www.quora.com/Why-is-the-iPho...Android-phones

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5. ☮
    05-05-2015 12:56 PM
    These are not all "iFans". But they are a very smart bunch.
    http://www.quora.com/Why-is-the-iPho...Android-phones

That article is citing performance when that wasn't my argument. RAM helps keep things in memory which allows for better multitasking and allowing more apps to stay in memory longer. And in some cases will in fact increase performance. Especially with heavier apps and websites.

05-05-2015 05:49 PM
    That article is citing performance when that wasn't my argument. RAM helps keep things in memory which allows for better multitasking and allowing more apps to stay in memory longer. And in some cases will in fact increase performance. Especially with heavier apps and websites.

And iOS does a great job of managing RAM. It works different from Android and needs less. I do think the 5.5" screen iP 6 Plus could use a bit more.

05-06-2015 08:00 AM
    And iOS does a great job of managing RAM. It works different from Android and needs less. I do think the 5.5" screen iP 6 Plus could use a bit more.

iOS is lighter than Android true. But RAM will become a constraint as tech gets more advanced. 1GB will be fine now but in a year or 2, iOS will definitely need more than 1GB. Just like how RAM went up between the iPhone 4S and iPhone 5.

05-06-2015 09:46 AM
    iOS is lighter than Android true. But RAM will become a constraint as tech gets more advanced. 1GB will be fine now but in a year or 2, iOS will definitely need more than 1GB. Just like how RAM went up between the iPhone 4S and iPhone 5.

Agree the 6s and 6s Plus should get 2 gb whether they need it yet or not. Because they will soon. The Plus for sure.

05-06-2015 09:52 AM
    The iPhone 6 Plus didn't need 2GB of RAM to function optimally...otherwise it would have had it.

The next generation will probably have more RAM because functionality continues to increase the demand on system resources, and I personally think the next generation will be the cue to increase RAM. That said, thus far, it has not been a necessity, regardless of what Android fans seem to clamor on about here.
    05-06-2015 10:12 PM
    I just think it's funny that people seem to think they know more about what an iPhone needs than Apple. They've done the research. They wouldn't release a device with not enough memory to do its intended job.

05-06-2015 10:19 PM
    I think more ram is needed if we're being honest. I'm not to heavy into specs in fact I couldn't careless but at the same time technology is advancing more and more each year and considering how light and optimized iOS is I think it would be a multitasking beast with 2gb of ram.
    A895 and Speedygi like this.
    05-06-2015 10:44 PM
    I just think it's funny that people seem to think they know more about what an iPhone needs than Apple. They've done the research. They wouldn't release a device with not enough memory to do its intended job.

We are discussing the future not present. And history has shown, as time goes on, iOS updates will slow older devices. RAM will eventually become an issue if they continue to use 1GB.
    05-07-2015 03:02 AM
    Given the source of the rumors and the near perfect track record of KGI securities Ming-Chi Kuo it seems to be more of a yes than a maybe. The 6Plus has far more pixels to move, larger screen and frankly my 6 Plus was a bit dodgy at times compred to my Note 3 of past. More RAM allows for more efficiency and for Apple to improve on their multitasking abilities. It's not about what Apple is doing today, its what they are planning to do in the near term.
    06-22-2015 09:25 PM
93 1234