How likely is it that the iPhone 6S will come with 2GB RAM?

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Everything I've read on how differently iOS and Android use Ram that iOS doesn't need 2 or 3 gigs of Ram to function efficiently.
Efficiency and batt life are what Apple is concerned with.
I'd rather have my browser refresh that have my battery life cut by so many percent because of increased ram hit on the battery.
When Apple does do more Ram in a iPhone I believe it will be more efficient usage than other smartphones.
For me there are too many positives with using a iPhone that I'm not concerned about ram.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thebizz

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
iOS is very efficient. And you are correct android uses much more ram. But how would iOS be less efficient with two gigs of ram? If you haven't researched it the energy consumed by ram is negligible you literally wouldn't see a difference in battery life.

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
iOS is very efficient. And you are correct android uses much more ram. But how would iOS be less efficient with two gigs of ram? If you haven't researched it the energy consumed by ram is negligible you literally wouldn't see a difference in battery life.

I believe Apple would have certain tolerances they want to meet when it comes to power efficiency and power consumption of ram.
Can they just throw in more ram? They probably could but how would that affect the current processing of iOS and the hardware of the device.

The main reason they have the M Coprocessor is to handle task that the main processor would handle but the M is more power efficient at doing it.
So I believe it's not a given that more ram currently in a iPhone would be a negligible hit on the battery.

All of these things work hand in hand iOS processing,the current A8 M8, ram and other things. Adding more ram in the current iPhone may not be up to Apples tolerances for more ram in a iPhone.

Battery life is a huge concern for smartphone users.
So possibly the next iPhone will have more ram but
I'm almost certain that Apple wants it to be power efficient. They don't want the 6S Plus having less battery life than the 6 Plus. I would think either the same or more.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
If you want to be specific I stated that it provides a better multitasking experience. Never did I say that it provided a better overall experience. And let me correct myself Apple settled when it came to ram in my opinion. just as they did with the iPad 2 they should have used the same amount in the iPhone. Sorry but I don't like having the camera kicking all my apps out of memory especially when I have something else important going on and I need to use the camera. Never have I said that this phone didn't provide a great Experience and it wasn't great phone. So I will end this on track in my opinion this phone would have been better with two gigs of ram and in my opinion if the 6s has it I would buy the phone for that reason alone.

These were your words buddy...

I've had a device that I've paid 360 after taxes give me a more seamless experience

And I never argued whether it would be better with 2GB of RAM...I think that is a pretty obvious statement. My argument is that it's just fine with 1GB of RAM, and if we had no idea what the RAM was, we wouldn't be having this discussion, but because it does, you are going to attribute anything you've experienced to that.

thebizz

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
You have chosen to use an iPhone 6 Plus, right? Even though it lacks what you would like for it to have and you are experiencing browser refreshes when switching from Safari and iMessage, you are still opting to stick with the iPhone 6 Plus, right? Does that mean that "you are fine with Apple sticking with just good enough..."? Are there not well-made non-Apple smartphones out there with the specs you prefer? It's amazing how those of us who are content with the iPhone as it currently is are often deemed as iSheep, but others who opt to buy the same iPhone and are not content, see themselves as customers who demand that Apple provide a product on par with its competitors, of which many of them have just switched from using. Go figure!

I was already an iPhone owner still have my 5c on my dresser I've had iPhones since 2010. I made the iPhone 6 my primary device for multiple reasons I will stick with the iPhone for multiple reason some being that it is still the best overall sub 5 inch device, it has an excellent screen, arguable the best soc in a phone and it feels great in hand. but right now what I'm going through is minor compared to my dislike for Google now and a lot of what Google is doing. I'm sorry if I come off as a troll for pointing out something that I feel as if Apple has been stagnant on since the iPhone 5 something people complained about with the 5s yet Apple really hasn't addressed it other than ramping up ram speed and making the cpu faster. Apps are getting bigger they are taking more of a footprint in memory. Idk I'm the vocal minority. I would hope this is something that they address in the iPhone refresh.
I haven't called anyone an isheep and I probably should have chosen my words better so not to come off as argumentative. My opinion still stand this is a chink in a very outstanding chain Apple built. Still to this day I can't fathom why they would give the iPad Air 2 more ram when they run the same os with the same features. If they felt the need in one product why not the other. Tolerance and power consumption I don't believe. because I've read up on test of ram and any power used for additional ram is easily offset the gains from easier loads on the cpu which uses 3-5 times more power.

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
I was already an iPhone owner still have my 5c on my dresser I've had iPhones since 2010. I made the iPhone 6 my primary device for multiple reasons I will stick with the iPhone for multiple reason some being that it is still the best overall sub 5 inch device, it has an excellent screen, arguable the best soc in a phone and it feels great in hand. but right now what I'm going through is minor compared to my dislike for Google now and a lot of what Google is doing. I'm sorry if I come off as a troll for pointing out something that I feel as if Apple has been stagnant on since the iPhone 5 something people complained about with the 5s yet Apple really hasn't addressed it other than ramping up ram speed and making the cpu faster. Apps are getting bigger they are taking more of a footprint in memory. Idk I'm the vocal minority. I would hope this is something that they address in the iPhone refresh.
I haven't called anyone an isheep and I probably should have chosen my words better so not to come off as argumentative. My opinion still stand this is a chink in a very outstanding chain Apple built. Still to this day I can't fathom why they would give the iPad Air 2 more ram when they run the same os with the same features. If they felt the need in one product why not the other. Tolerance and power consumption I don't believe. because I've read up on test of ram and any power used for additional ram is easily offset the gains from easier loads on the cpu which uses 3-5 times more power.

I think that it may be a combination of things. I truly think that manufacturers, not just Apple, hold back certain things to leave room for improvement for future devices. It may be a way that they keep costs down. And they may have also run tests and decided that the current iPhones don't need the extra RAM. Not only that, I'm pretty sure that we all can find things about any smartphone where we could nitpick as to what we think should have been implemented. If it had 2GB of RAM, someone would have surely brought up the fact that it doesn't have 3GB of RAM like some android devices. It's just the nature of it.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

shief24

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
I don't care about RAM. As an ex android user, it really doesn't make a difference to me because the iPhone is smooth as butter with its 1gb ram. I'd be happy if they kept 1gb ram and upped the base model storage. I think the value of the phone will go up if they upped that compared to upping the ram. Most consumers care about camera quality, battery life, and other things.

UJ95x

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
I would hope so. There's absolutely no reason for a 2014 flagship to have only 1GB of RAM. Especially a 2015 one (6S). I'm considering an iPhone because of the battery life, but I would really like for it to also be great at multitasking. Currently, apps are forced out of RAM if using too many apps at once, and they have to reload when opened. That's more of a battery killer than powering an extra GB could ever be

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimLP 5.0.2

UJ95x

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Not the same, but I would also love it if it has 32GB of storage in the base model. Samsung did it...Apple should too 😀

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimLP 5.0.2

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I also think this year iPhone6s series will come finally with 2GB RAM, everything points to it.

Agree, with the iPad getting it, it only makes sense. That would also allow apple to really up the multi tasking as well as prevent all those app reloads all the time.

Alex_Hong

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
This is a question that no one can answer, at this point it's all speculations. I don't mind having just 1GB as it is now, but I would love to see 2GB of RAM. Never hurts to have a bit more RAM. :p

On the topic of RAMs, I would love to see LPDDR4 in the next gen iPhone this year too, or maybe i'm just being greedy. haha.

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I don't open too many browser Windows so I'm fine with having 1GB but having 2 is of course welcome...

Last edited:

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I hate that too, but simply reloading the app by myself isn't too much of a hassle...

Agree, but if I'm doing some sort of multi tasking switching back and forth it's irritating and a waste of time. Just would be nice without all the reloading of apps

Sent from my iPhone using tapatalk

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR