Will there be an iPhone 6S Plus?

KingBuick

Mar 18, 2014
Visit site
The reason I'm asking this question is that a few months ago sales of the 6 Plus were rumored to be lower than sales of the 6. If this turns out to be true and there is no 6s Plus released in September, but there is a 6s, then I'll end up getting a 6s 128 GB or 64 GB. I'd be surprised if this happened.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Re: Will there be an iPhone 6s Plus?

They went with the + form factor... They're stuck with it... Too big for my taste... The 6 size suits me fine.

Bowlegz

Dec 22, 2014
Visit site

They may just leave the plus be, and do a 6s model and add in the plus hardware. Things like OIS, 1080P display, etc. and maybe some new software that could be just updated on the plus model iPhones.

KingBuick

Mar 18, 2014
Visit site

If they make a 6s Plus, I'd expect it to have the A9 and M9 processors, the better camera, and maybe Sapphire Display.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

No one outside of Apple can honestly answer your question at this time.

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site

I'do assume so. They sold well, so why wouldn't they have one next year?

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site

The reason I'm asking this question is that a few months ago sales of the 6 Plus were rumored to be lower than sales of the 6. If this turns out to be true and there is no 6s Plus released in September, but there is a 6s, then I'll end up getting a 6s 128 GB or 64 GB. I'd be surprised if this happened.

Obviously, no one can say for sure at this point, but I don’t see any reason why there would not be. I love my 6 Plus, and cannot imagine how I could return to a smaller screen.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site

They will keep it. Even though it is selling less than the 6, it still is selling many millions of units and is making lots of $$ for apple with the more premium prices. Not to mention it seems apple was not looking to make that its flagship, rather to appeal to those who want a true phablet sized iPhone.

I think once again it will have better screen, something with the camera, maybe a sapphire screen. Other than that, will be like the 6+ and have same internals as the smaller 6.

mchi5

Jan 15, 2015
Visit site

You have to remember there was a bigger shortage of 6 plus supply than the normal 6. That may be one reason why less 6 plus was sold. Now that supply has finally caught up with demand it will be interesting to see if more 6 plus are not sold

For me I tried out the 6 for a few weeks and prefer the bigger screen. So returned it for the 6 plus and love it

evorc

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site

As people become more used to the 6+ size. Expect the 6s plus to sell more. Yes there will be one for sure.

UJ95x

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Hope so. I want a bigger phone this year, and right now it's looking like Note 5 or 6S+ for me

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running Lollipop 5.0.2

d_rex

Sep 11, 2014
Visit site
The 3g had the 3gs, the 4 had the 4s, and the 5, the 5s. So there's a great possibility that a 6s would come out on September with almost the same form factor.

Harry Wild

May 25, 2013
Visit site
I think Apple will make both size with the same hardware inside and maybe increase the thickness to level out the camera pretrusion and possible cover the antenna with solid plastic across top and bottom.

KingBuick

Mar 18, 2014
Visit site
I think Apple will make both size with the same hardware inside and maybe increase the thickness to level out the camera pretrusion and possible cover the antenna with solid plastic across top and bottom.

I'd like to see an iPhone with a plastic antenna backing like on the cellular iPads. That'd look nice!

thebizz

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
In my mind the 6s plus is very likely primarily because the 6 plus has been selling well. The more interesting question to me is their strategy with the new model. Will the go samsung's route and give the larger model its own processor. Or would they continue down the current path and just make sure the gpu in the a9 is strong enough to push the 1080p display at higher than iPhone 5s levels.

I won't pretend to know what they will do with the extra size and power savings from moving down to a 14nm processor compared to the current 20nm node (that I've read isn't very good.) I highly doubt they would follow the a8x route and go with a triple core processor and 8 core gpu due to tdp concerns. But would they utilize the power vr 7400 or move up to the 7600 for the Next version of the iPhone 6s plus. While I see no real need to put more cpu power into that phone especially since the a8 has no problem running iOS. I do believe the 6 plus took a hit in the gpu department due to the 1080p display and metal only partially mitigated that.

Well idk just thoughts off the top of my head to get people talking.

JJSmith56

Mar 13, 2015
Visit site
Sure, It has been sold as much (or more) as iPhone6. The question is which will be the differential factor this year, still OIS? I dont think so.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2