Will there be an iPhone 6S Plus?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Well, some people have already posted about having an iPhone 6S so I'm sure we'll see someone post about having an iPhone 6S Plus some time next week...;)

hearmeoutx

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
They will not get rid of this 6+ with the next iPhone. You have to think, even selling less than the 6, the 6+ is bringing in a lot of money and it is selling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

melbsteve

Jun 23, 2013
Visit site
Sure, It has been sold as much (or more) as iPhone6. The question is which will be the differential factor this year, still OIS? I dont think so.

See, I'm not sure if that's a true statement? Do we have numbers to back that up? As far as I know apple doesn't release a more specific breakdown between models. My own feeling is that the 6 outsold the 6+ by quite a lot. That's not to say the 6+ bombed, still sold in high numbers I reckon.

I do think they'll stick to the 4.7" and 5.5" pattern. 6S+ or 7+ seems a safe bet to me .

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
According to me there must be an iPhone 6S Plus but only people in Apple can say it correctly.

I kind of hope Apple changes the naming scheme, because iPhone 6s Plus is kind of a mouthful. I do agree though, that phone will be next, not the iPhone 7.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
I kind of hope Apple changes the naming scheme, because iPhone 6s Plus is kind of a mouthful. I do agree though, that phone will be next, not the iPhone 7.

"What's in a name? That which we call a rose, by any other name would smell as sweet." - Juliet Capulet via William Shakespear

Who cares what they call it? It is coming, for sure.

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
"What's in a name? That which we call a rose, by any other name would smell as sweet." - Juliet Capulet via William Shakespear

Who cares what they call it? It is coming, for sure.

I guess it doesn't really matter what they call it, but there will have to be a name change somewhere down the line, I think.

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
Why? 6s Plus works for me. Or it will in September.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5. ☮

Maybe just for the sake of change, I don't know :). That said, I bet if they change the name, it'll happen in a long time. I honestly don't really care about the name, and like others said, as long as it performs well and does what I need it to do, I really don't care. :)

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Maybe just for the sake of change, I don't know :). That said, I bet if they change the name, it'll happen in a long time. I honestly don't really care about the name, and like others said, as long as it performs well and does what I need it to do, I really don't care. :)

Why are people bent on changing things "just for the sake of change"?

First you said that you wanted it changed before the "iPhone 6S Plus", now you say "it'll happen in a long time". And now you "really don't care". What was that all about? What a waste of bandwidth. Whatever Apple calls it, they will design it, build it and sell millions of them. They always do.

Let's move on, ok?

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
Why are people bent on changing things "just for the sake of change"?

First you said that you wanted it changed before the "iPhone 6S Plus", now you say "it'll happen in a long time". And now you "really don't care". What was that all about? What a waste of bandwidth. Whatever Apple calls it, they will design it, build it and sell millions of them. They always do.

Let's move on, ok?

Here's the deal: I do think that iPhone 6s Plus is kind of a long name. I didn't say that it "should" be changed, I said I kind of hoped it would. So do I care if they keep it at iPhone 6s Plus? No, I'm not going to get all bent out of shape about the name of it. I never claimed to really care about it in the first place, I just stated that the name was a little bit of a mouthful.

I agree, let's move on.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
The Galaxy Note series sells less than the Galaxy S series yet the Note series is what drove Apple to make the 6 Plus. I don't see it being killed in fact many users want the larger screen and as Apple puts more into making the larger screen more user friendly and accessible the more will buy it. Not everone buys a full sized SUV, does that mean they should be scrapped?

There will be a 6S Plus in the fall.

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
I'd bet this morning's bagel that there will be a 6s Plus or 6 Plus s. It gives Apple a foothold in the critical phablet market.

from the Elegance

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR