No issues with my 6 Plus. However I got the iPad Air 2 last night and it really makes it hard to justify getting a flagship iPhone unless you're on the move a ton. Continuity basically turns the iPad into a humongous phone and the only major difference is GPS and camera at that point. I still use both because I need a great camera as I use my devices as training tools. But I can see someone with an iPad opting for a cheaper 5S or even 5C if that works and saving quite a bit of cash.

It also made my 6 Plus feel like a 4S after using it for 10 minutes.

Sent from my iPad Air 2 using Tapatalk
    12-31-2014 02:13 PM
    Since Apple's US businesses tied to cell phone contracts with the major carriers and subsidized phones, I don't see this happening. A six month release cycle would work once, but that's it.
    12-31-2014 10:11 PM
    I personally believe the iPhone 6 S won't come out until Q3 and iPhone 7 will only be out in 2016
    Flow39 and Evilguppy like this.
    12-31-2014 10:35 PM
    I don't think Apple will start releasing two new iPhones like that. It will be too fast for both the consumer and technology itself.

Sent from my iPhone 6
    01-01-2015 07:32 AM
    I personally believe the iPhone 6 S won't come out until Q3 and iPhone 7 will only be out in 2016
    That's what I think too. Why change the one phone per year system? They make a ton of money on it, and it keeps consumers from being irritated that their phone is "outdated" within a short period of time.
    geronco likes this.
    01-04-2015 06:53 PM
    Of course, it's 6s for 2015 and then the newly designed model iPhone 7 for 2016.
    Apple know quite well how to milk every penny from us.
    01-09-2015 08:33 AM
    Of course, it's 6s for 2015 and then the newly designed model iPhone 7 for 2016.
    Apple know quite well how to milk every penny from us.
    I dont think it's just that. Why, or better how, design a new iPhone completely from scratch every year. It would be rushed, inconsistend, messy. Apple are one of the few companies with a vision, so they sure as hell know what the iPhone7 will look like already, but executing and perfecting that does take more than 10months if you wanna do it right. Inbetween those releases you have one incremental upgrade, which is undeniably there to keep the cash inflow steady, but regardless always a worthy successor. So yeah, of course they're making buckets of money with that strategy... but it makes sense, also if you want to be a company known for leading edge tech devices (you can't just take a 2 year break).
    01-10-2015 08:43 AM
    I dont think it's just that. Why, or better how, design a new iPhone completely from scratch every year. It would be rushed, inconsistend, messy. Apple are one of the few companies with a vision, so they sure as hell know what the iPhone7 will look like already, but executing and perfecting that does take more than 10months if you wanna do it right. Inbetween those releases you have one incremental upgrade, which is undeniably there to keep the cash inflow steady, but regardless always a worthy successor. So yeah, of course they're making buckets of money with that strategy... but it makes sense, also if you want to be a company known for leading edge tech devices (you can't just take a 2 year break).
    Apple has never really been on the leading edge of tech when it came to their devices. They perform well, but nothing really leading or bleeding edge tech wise.
    the_tech_eater likes this.
    01-18-2015 09:40 PM
    Apple has never really been on the leading edge of tech when it came to their devices. They perform well, but nothing really leading or bleeding edge tech wise.
    That's true and quite honestly I like Apple devices just the way they are. They perform as good as needed, work most, if not all the time, and when they don't work Apple's awesome customer support comes into play.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    hydrogen3 likes this.
    01-18-2015 10:08 PM
    I really doubt it
    01-29-2015 04:36 AM
    I would be both surprised and not surprised if this happened. The part of me that would be surprised would be if the iPhone 6s would be released along the Apple Watch in April, or at this supposed media event in February. Another good time might be WWDC in June, alongside the iPad Pro. Remember that the iPad 3 came out in March 2012 and the iPad 4 came out in October 2012? Well, this may happen with the iPhone 6s and iPhone 7.

Plus, Apple may do what Samsung does, which is release two flagship phones in one year (s model in March/April and number model in September/October). This way consumers would be able to not wait long and maybe the carriers would get rid of two year contracts altogether?

We'll just have to wait and see what happens at these media events (later this month, WWDC in June, and fall media events for iPhones in September and iPads/computers in October).
    02-05-2015 06:14 PM
    I would love for Apple to release a new phone in June because I had really overestimated my close up vision when I chose the 6, lol. So if I'm going to upgrade to a plus, it might as well be the latest version.
    04-02-2015 09:34 PM
    I would love for Apple to release a new phone in June because I had really overestimated my close up vision when I chose the 6, lol. So if I'm going to upgrade to a plus, it might as well be the latest version.
    The latest and only "Plus" version is the current iPhone 6 Plus so you might as well buy it now...
    04-02-2015 09:47 PM
    The latest and only "Plus" version is the current iPhone 6 Plus so you might as well buy it now...
    You shameless enabler!!!

I'm considering it. I need to find out how much I could get for my 6, but yes: Definitely considering it.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    04-02-2015 10:06 PM
    ....Create a WTS thread in the Marketplace section, in accordance to the Marketplace rules, and see what happens.
    04-02-2015 10:13 PM
    ....Create a WTS thread in the Marketplace section, in accordance to the Marketplace rules, and see what happens.
    I'm at the Apple Store. Guess what I'm doing? Prepare to see my 6 in the market place soon lol. It's all your fault BTW.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    04-07-2015 04:11 PM
    Only reason I can see them pushing out the 6s early is if the 6 really did have as many defects as we've seen on here. In that case, they could be doing a bit of revamping to insure a lower defect rate.

I doubt it though.
    Agree, no reason to pump out more than 1 deice a year. That being said, there are quite a few issues with the iPhone 6 which need to be addressed in the "s" update. So the earlier the better for the update.
    06-01-2015 07:41 AM
    More RAM is needed to improve mult-tasking and to support growing features that Apple has introduced. Now if they would introduce the ability to disable or hide the stock bloatware I don't use I would appreciate that. Yes anything preloaded that user(s) do not use or want installed by default is actually bloatware.
    06-17-2015 09:57 PM
    More RAM is needed to improve mult-tasking and to support growing features that Apple has introduced. Now if they would introduce the ability to disable or hide the stock bloatware I don't use I would appreciate that. Yes anything preloaded that user(s) do not use or want installed by default is actually bloatware.
    You think a Stocks app or a Compass app constitutes "bloatware"? Try an Android or blackberry device with all the device crapware and carrier crapware.
    06-17-2015 11:21 PM
    The thing about the stock apps on iOS is they don't take up that much space, whereas the huge bloatware on Android takes half the internal storage space of the 16 gb model.,
    Flow39 likes this.
    06-18-2015 01:19 AM
    The thing about the stock apps on iOS is they don't take up that much space, whereas the huge bloatware on Android takes half the internal storage space of the 16 gb model.,
    Even on my Pure Edition Moto X running Stock Android (which has no bloatware), out of the 32 GB of storage, only 24 GB are available to the user. That means that the 16 GB would only have about 8-9 GB left! Compare that to the iPhone and its stock apps, which take up 3, maybe 4 GB.
    06-18-2015 04:35 PM
    Even on my Pure Edition Moto X running Stock Android (which has no bloatware), out of the 32 GB of storage, only 24 GB are available to the user. That means that the 16 GB would only have about 8-9 GB left! Compare that to the iPhone and its stock apps, which take up 3, maybe 4 GB.
    My Wife got about 28+ gb with her 32 gb iPhone. The OS takes most of the space. The stock app that takes the most space is iBooks at 42 mb. The others hardly take space.
    06-18-2015 05:00 PM
    You think a Stocks app or a Compass app constitutes "bloatware"? Try an Android or blackberry device with all the device crapware and carrier crapware.
    I have used EVERY mobile OS available today, PalmOS, PocketPC, Windows Smartphone, BlackBerry, Windows Mobile, Symbian, Android and iOS in fact I have owned a 4, 4S, 5, 5S, 6 Plus and countless devices before, after and inbetween.

Yes I do find those apps to be bloatware since the do not serve any real purpose and cannot be removed, disabled or hidden. You can do that with Android. Apple has been adding apps that you cannot remove, Apple Watch app for one. Don't use, don't need it, very likely never will.

Android is bashed all the time by other OS users and honestly, Apple is hardly any better. Its a matter of choice, I chose to use ANY OS, at ANY TIME, because I am OS Agnostic.
    06-19-2015 11:09 PM
    Compare a 16GB Android device to a 16GB iPhone, and with most Android phones you can add a microSD card, you cannot with the iphone ever. The apps that some consider bloatware are part of the OS and occupy that section of storage so its not going to be available even if you could delete them.

Where as with iOS each OS update gets bigger and uses up more of the limited space on a 16GB or 8GB phone. If not for greed, Apple would make 16GB the base model and get rid of 8GB altogether. iOS apps do tend to be larger than Android apps.
    06-19-2015 11:13 PM
    My Wife got about 28+ gb with her 32 gb iPhone. The OS takes most of the space. The stock app that takes the most space is iBooks at 42 mb. The others hardly take space.
    Its not the size of the App, its the fact that you cannot remove, disable or otherwise hide the unneeded or unwanted app. Google allows for this, yet Apple will not do so. I should be able to quickly hide built in apps I don't use. I replace iMessage, Mail, Safari, Calendar, just to name a few. I don't need podcasts, game center, stocks, weather, Apple Watch, either. If I could hid them I would be happy.
    06-19-2015 11:15 PM
52 123