Time to say goodbye !

PKK77

Oct 9, 2016
Visit site
So after three years with my amazing iPhone 6s Plus , I’ve now upgraded to the new iPhone 11 Pro.

I know to most people these are just pieces of tech that are nothing but a hardware with a software and a bunch of apps.

I however disagree, I think a piece of tech, a car or anything else can have it’s own personality and character !

Call me sentimental but over the last three years I’ve captured some amazing memories with my iPhone , used it to text my loved ones how I felt about them, directed me to places when I was lost in Spain by using it’s GPS and map appp, and played some sweet music when I felt a bit down, not to mention hours of watching videos while lying in bed on a weekend.
The scratch in the lower corner of the screen and the small dent at the back are just evidence of the usage I got out of it. I’m not talking about any similar iPhone model, I’m just talking about My iPhone, to me it’s unique .

On a more techy aspect, it is the first iPhone with 3D Touch, full HD camera and better screen and aluminium casing. Also the last iPhone to have the headphone jack.

So for now I’ll put it back in it’s original box to rest and have a break.

I just hope my new phone will give me as much pleasure as this one did.

IMG_0001.JPG

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
So after three years with my amazing iPhone 6s Plus , I’ve now upgraded to the new iPhone 11 Pro.

I know to most people these are just pieces of tech that are nothing but a hardware with a software and a bunch of apps.

I however disagree, I think a piece of tech, a car or anything else can have it’s own personality and character !

Call me sentimental but over the last three years I’ve captured some amazing memories with my iPhone , used it to text my loved ones how I felt about them, directed me to places when I was lost in Spain by using it’s GPS and map appp, and played some sweet music when I felt a bit down, not to mention hours of watching videos while lying in bed on a weekend.
The scratch in the lower corner of the screen and the small dent at the back are just evidence of the usage I got out of it. I’m not talking about any similar iPhone model, I’m just talking about My iPhone, to me it’s unique .

On a more techy aspect, it is the first iPhone with 3D Touch, full HD camera and better screen and aluminium casing. Also the last iPhone to have the headphone jack.

So for now I’ll put it back in it’s original box to rest and have a break.

I just hope my new phone will give me as much pleasure as this one did.

View attachment 127048

Just make sure to charge the battery up to 50% before putting it back in the box.
If it’s more than 50%, use it until it gets to 50%.
Li-ion batteries don’t like to be inactive at higher and lower values.

PKK77

Oct 9, 2016
Visit site
Just make sure to charge the battery up to 50% before putting it back in the box.
If it’s more than 50%, use it until it gets to 50%.
Li-ion batteries don’t like to be inactive at higher and lower values.

Thanks , will do that .

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I love this! And I totally get your sentimental feelings, because the way I see it, your iPhone has accompanied you on many sentimental journies! And I'm sure your old phone will pass on the baton to your new phone!

wenrob

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
I felt that way about my Nikon D700 (the likes of which Nikon will never make again.) By all accounts it was a special camera but for me I came into my own with it. A true love affair. I was devastated when it crashed and burned. I have never bonded with it’s replacement though spec wise it’s superior. It just doesn’t have the same kind of magic. *sigh*

ivigneshwaran

Aug 19, 2019
Visit site
So, iOS 13 is dropped for iPhone 6 and 6 plus. So, If apple release iOS 14 iPhone 6s and 6s plus will get future updates. Any guesses?

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
So, iOS 13 is dropped for iPhone 6 and 6 plus. So, If apple release iOS 14 iPhone 6s and 6s plus will get future updates. Any guesses?

Only Apple knows at this point. I think they’re finally catching on that people are upgrading less frequently these days so I wouldn’t be surprised either way. That being said, iPhone 6s will be five years old when iOS 14 drops.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
I felt that way about my Nikon D700 (the likes of which Nikon will never make again.) By all accounts it was a special camera but for me I came into my own with it. A true love affair. I was devastated when it crashed and burned. I have never bonded with it’s replacement though spec wise it’s superior. It just doesn’t have the same kind of magic. *sigh*

Yep, I had an old Canon crop frame sensor camera that I had for years and took with me everywhere. I had professional photographers ask me why I still used an old crop frame camera. My asleep was always the same:

It’s dependable, it works great, I can use all my other lenses in it, and it takes great pictures

Yes, we get attached to our devices. We have many like changing moments and our devices are always there.

Unfortunate after almost a million shutter clicks, the ‘ol Canon decided it was time to retire. It sits on the shelf in my office, a reminder to me of all the adventures we went on.

I have several new Canons now but that one will never be “replaced”.

Enjoy the new addition to your family.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
I still have a old BlackBerry 9900 sitting in my desk for some reason, Nostalgia ?

Same here I still have my Verizon Palm Pre 2 modified to work on the sprint network sitting on its wireless Puck charger on my desk and still play with it when I’m waiting for something to upload or download on my laptop.

Love that little device

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods