Weak call volume sound

I_didnt_do_it

Oct 20, 2018
Visit site
Hello, I had to go and pick up an iPhone on short notice because my android was not compatible with some key software the company I work for is having us use. It was required I get that software working, so I went to a local shop and picked up a 6s plus to accommodate that software/app, and it does work like a charm.

However, when making calls, the sound is VERY weak, and I have to get to a very quiet place with no background noise in order to hear what the other person is saying. And because I communicate with my bosses on the phone a lot, it is important I can hear them well. Is there a way to solve this weak call volume issue? I’ve got volume all the way up, and in call volume maxed out.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Unless you have a hearing impairment of some sort or you have a damaged iPhone, the volume, especially if you’ve increased either with the volume buttons in the side or the volume slider while on calls, the volume should be more than sufficient.

With that in mind, have you considered using a Bluetooth earpiece such as AirPods or the EarPods that came with the iPhone, if you purchased it new?

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Hello, I had to go and pick up an iPhone on short notice because my android was not compatible with some key software the company I work for is having us use. It was required I get that software working, so I went to a local shop and picked up a 6s plus to accommodate that software/app, and it does work like a charm.

However, when making calls, the sound is VERY weak, and I have to get to a very quiet place with no background noise in order to hear what the other person is saying. And because I communicate with my bosses on the phone a lot, it is important I can hear them well. Is there a way to solve this weak call volume issue? I’ve got volume all the way up, and in call volume maxed out.

Did you remove the folio on the screen before using it?
I remember when a friend had the same issue. He was under the impression he could use that folio as a screen protector, unaware that folio has no cut for the speaker on the top.

I_didnt_do_it

Oct 20, 2018
Visit site
Did you remove the folio on the screen before using it?
I remember when a friend had the same issue. He was under the impression he could use that folio as a screen protector, unaware that folio has no cut for the speaker on the top.
Yup, took that off soon as I got it. I do plan on investing in a screen protector ASAP, but as of now, it’s bare screen.

TylerLV76

Dec 23, 2017
Visit site
Just had this issue on my daughters 6s. Took it to Apple and the earpiece speaker and receiver were bad. Should have been a $329 replacement but they charged for a screen replacement of $149. I planned on just upgrading her if it was going to be $329.

I_didnt_do_it

Oct 20, 2018
Visit site
Unless you have a hearing impairment of some sort or you have a damaged iPhone, the volume, especially if you’ve increased either with the volume buttons in the side or the volume slider while on calls, the volume should be more than sufficient.

With that in mind, have you considered using a Bluetooth earpiece such as AirPods or the EarPods that came with the iPhone, if you purchased it new?
Yeah, I am considering that, as I was told I my only other option at the store would be to send it in for repair, and considering what I spent on it, and what the repair cost would be, I could just about get an 8 plus, so I am going to go the Bluetooth speaker route to solve the issue. How good are the AirPods? I have seen mixed reviews from techies on them.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, I am considering that, as I was told I my only other option at the store would be to send it in for repair, and considering what I spent on it, and what the repair cost would be, I could just about get an 8 plus, so I am going to go the Bluetooth speaker route to solve the issue. How good are the AirPods? I have seen mixed reviews from techies on them.

The AirPods are, in my experience, excellent for phone calls. Listening to music is not bad, either, but they aren't the same as a dedicated pair of music listening Headphones like my Audio-Technica ATH-M40x. Still, the AirPods are worth buying, in my opinion.

I_didnt_do_it

Oct 20, 2018
Visit site
The AirPods are, in my experience, excellent for phone calls. Listening to music is not bad, either, but they aren't the same as a dedicated pair of music listening Headphones like my Audio-Technica ATH-M40x. Still, the AirPods are worth buying, in my opinion.

Cool, and can’t you use one ear pod for incoming audio from the person on the other line, and hold the other AirPod in your hand and talk into it?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

Could anything have gotten on the top speaker? I was having issues hearing calls on my 6s Plus. I noticed there was ketchup on the top speaker. Washed it off with a damp cloth. Was fine after that. Also, you might try going to Accessibility > Hearing Devices > Toggle on Hearing Aid Mode. This worked on my wife's iPhone 5c. Not sure about newer models or Operating Systems.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods