The last iPhone with a headphone jack is 6S Plus as of now. I was planning to get one but I am not sure if Apple will return with the headphone jack this year or should I just get the 6S Plus instead.
    07-14-2018 03:51 AM
    The last iPhone with a headphone jack is 6S Plus as of now. I was planning to get one but I am not sure if Apple will return with the headphone jack this year or should I just get the 6S Plus instead.
    It’s not likely that the headphone jack will return to the iPhones, at all.

The iPhone 5s is 2 years older than the 6s and still gets updates. I guess the iPhone 6s will get iOS 14 as last update. That’s another 3 years from now, seeing how we’re still on iOS 11.
    07-14-2018 04:27 AM
    The iPhone 6S is still a desirable iPhone model and should still suit the needs of numerous people. As for the headphone jack, using the supplied lightning adapter that comes with the newer models doesn’t take away from the audio quality at all. Besides, you can always listen to your audio wirelessly. Anyway, good luck with your decision.
    07-14-2018 08:47 AM
    I just purchased a used iPhone 6s Plus last week, and I love it. Last night I installed the iOS 12 public beta and now this phone is smooth as butter. I really can’t believe how fast it is, especially for a 3 year old phone. I will still more than likely upgrade to the new iPhone this fall, but the iPhone 6s Plus is very nice and should be good for at least another year.
    08-11-2018 11:52 AM
    I think the 6s and 6s Plus are “futureproof” for another two years or so. I would expect with apple’s history of being fairly generous in keeping older devices up to date on their software that the same should apply here. I would think it should be good through at least iOS 13.x.x, and most likely through at least the first couple of iOS 14 patches as well.

They are a lot better at futureproofing their devices than Android is. Those guys will usually dump support and updates for their devices after about the 2nd major update, especially if it is a low end, entry level android.
    Tartarus and kataran like this.
    10-20-2018 01:55 PM