When do you think will the 6S Plus will become obsolete?

May 4, 2018
Visit site
The last iPhone with a headphone jack is 6S Plus as of now. I was planning to get one but I am not sure if Apple will return with the headphone jack this year or should I just get the 6S Plus instead.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
The last iPhone with a headphone jack is 6S Plus as of now. I was planning to get one but I am not sure if Apple will return with the headphone jack this year or should I just get the 6S Plus instead.

It’s not likely that the headphone jack will return to the iPhones, at all.

The iPhone 5s is 2 years older than the 6s and still gets updates. I guess the iPhone 6s will get iOS 14 as last update. That’s another 3 years from now, seeing how we’re still on iOS 11.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

The iPhone 6S is still a desirable iPhone model and should still suit the needs of numerous people. As for the headphone jack, using the supplied lightning adapter that comes with the newer models doesn’t take away from the audio quality at all. Besides, you can always listen to your audio wirelessly. Anyway, good luck with your decision.

Lyall Demorrow

Sep 20, 2014
Visit site
I just purchased a used iPhone 6s Plus last week, and I love it. Last night I installed the iOS 12 public beta and now this phone is smooth as butter. I really can’t believe how fast it is, especially for a 3 year old phone. I will still more than likely upgrade to the new iPhone this fall, but the iPhone 6s Plus is very nice and should be good for at least another year.

I_didnt_do_it

Oct 20, 2018
Visit site
I think the 6s and 6s Plus are “futureproof” for another two years or so. I would expect with apple’s history of being fairly generous in keeping older devices up to date on their software that the same should apply here. I would think it should be good through at least iOS 13.x.x, and most likely through at least the first couple of iOS 14 patches as well.

They are a lot better at futureproofing their devices than Android is. Those guys will usually dump support and updates for their devices after about the 2nd major update, especially if it is a low end, entry level android.

leandrodp2016

Nov 12, 2016
Visit site
Hope it is. I've been rocking mine since oct 2016. I live in South America so Apple products are either unavailable or unaffordable. I will be travelling to Europe in June. I was contemplating the idea of upgrading to the Xs, but find it hard to justify the €1500 tag. Was tempted to get a S9 plus (fraction of price with the possibility of paying for it monthly in my country) but I'm extremely doubtful when it comes to Android 's reliability.

timswork

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
Still going strong with my iPhone 6S Plus here, especially after taking advantage of Apple's $30 battery replacement last December.

The only thing that entices me to upgrade for is to have a better camera; otherwise, I feel absolutely no pain or reason to upgrade yet - and probably not until 5G iPhones come out. I'm not missing Animoji or front-camera effects one single bit.

Being an enthusiast point-and-shoot Instagram photographer kinda guy, people love my photos that I have been posting. But I just wonder - are newer iPhone cameras so much better that I am doing myself a disservice by remaining with the 6S Plus rear camera?

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Still going strong with my iPhone 6S Plus here, especially after taking advantage of Apple's $30 battery replacement last December.

The only thing that entices me to upgrade for is to have a better camera; otherwise, I feel absolutely no pain or reason to upgrade yet - and probably not until 5G iPhones come out. I'm not missing Animoji or front-camera effects one single bit.

Being an enthusiast point-and-shoot Instagram photographer kinda guy, people love my photos that I have been posting. But I just wonder - are newer iPhone cameras so much better that I am doing myself a disservice by remaining with the 6S Plus rear camera?

It's hard to say whether or not you're doing yourself a disservice! I had the 6s and loved it, but upgraded to the 8 Plus when it came out. And while I believe that the camera is definitely better, the 6s definitely took great photos. I know that people are thrilled with the cameras in all models that have come out after the 8 Plus.

If I were you, I would wait to find out whether or not iOS 13 will be available to your device. There are unconfirmed rumors that it may not, but I'm a firm believer in real facts vs. rumors! We should find out in June when iOS 13 is introduced at WWDC. Once you know, then you can explore all the options available.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro