After a week & on the 3rd senior tech, I found out 6s plus battery & 6s phone is backordered.

I sent my phone in for the $29 battery replacement & after one senior tech telling me the battery was backordered & another senior tech telling me everything was going as planned, I finally found out through the 3rd tech that batteries aren't expected until first week of April so they were sending a replacement phone. Only problem is that phone is also backordered & they don't have an eta for that. What it boils down to is Apple let me send them my phone knowing battery is backordered & I am currently just over a week without a phone. Just a heads up.
    Last edited by firedept10; 03-15-2018 at 10:53 PM.
    03-15-2018 08:00 PM
    What they do around here, is set you up through the Apple Store, the store orders the battery, you keep your phone, THEN after a wait of varying lengths they call you when your battery has come in and THEN you take your phone to the store with an appointment (means your wait is minimal in the store). I have 1 friend who only had to wait a week and another it took over a month/
    03-16-2018 11:32 AM
    What they do around here, is set you up through the Apple Store, the store orders the battery, you keep your phone, THEN after a wait of varying lengths they call you when your battery has come in and THEN you take your phone to the store with an appointment (means your wait is minimal in the store). I have 1 friend who only had to wait a week and another it took over a month/
    That doesn't work so well when the closest Apple store is 6 hours away.
    pkcable and Ledsteplin like this.
    03-16-2018 01:09 PM
    That doesn't work so well when the closest Apple store is 6 hours away.
    Exactly. I'm not that far away, but far enough that I'll soon be sending my 6s Plus in for a new battery. But I'll have my Wife's old iPhone 5c to use while waiting.
    pkcable likes this.
    03-16-2018 08:00 PM