How do you charge your iPhone, especially the iPhone 6S Plus?

Rjhncrz

Nov 1, 2017
Visit site
How do you charge your iPhone? Especially 6s Plus? Do you always charge it to full? Or initially? Give me some "detailed" charging tips of yours, charging tips that you always do each day. Thanks

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Re: Charging iPhone 6s Plus

Apple’s iPhone batteries are sophisticated enough to suit your needs. Charge when it’s convenient. I have an iPhone X and a few desktop chargers so I tend to charge throughout the day and at night when I’m asleep.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

I charge my 6s Plus when it needs it. The battery has a good bit of wear, so I charge several times a day, usually while using it. Most of the time, I put it on to charge when it gets down to 20%. No particular reason, other than habit.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

How do you charge your iPhone? Especially 6s Plus? Do you always charge it to full? Or initially? Give me some "detailed" charging tips of yours, charging tips that you always do each day. Thanks

When I had an iPhone 6S Plus, I charged it overnight while I slept. I did the same with the iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus. With my iPhone 8 and iPhone X, I charge them while at work via my wireless charger for the most part. Whichever I have, typically the iPhone X, I keep it at my desk atop the wireless charging base. I’m in meetings and conference calls a good deal of each day so there’s no need for me to have it on my person until I go out to eat or something.

Rjhncrz

Nov 1, 2017
Visit site

Thanks to all your answers. I have my 6s+ brand new this week. And have not drain it yet. I dont get the battery life i should get. Do you think i need to drain it once and charge it to full?

comiken205

Dec 6, 2015
Visit site

Thanks to all your answers. I have my 6s+ brand new this week. And have not drain it yet. I dont get the battery life i should get. Do you think i need to drain it once and charge it to full?

It’ll get better as you charge it a few times. My 6sPlus lasted all day when new.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site

What kind of battery life are you expecting?
Battery life varies from one user to another due to his or her personal usage

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

Battery life depends on a number of factors. What you do on your phone, wifi/cell signal, etc. The big 3 battery users are Screen brightness, push notifications, and location services. Minimize those as much as possible and you should be fine. Don't get stuck worrying about battery life. Enjoy your iPhone.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
My wife still has a 6S Plus, and she charges it as needed. Seems to be that she gets by pretty well throughout the day and she is on it a lot.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77