Has anyone iPhone 6S slowed down after installing iOS 11.2?

Rjhncrz

Nov 1, 2017
Visit site
Does your 6s/6s plus had slowed down from iOS9 to iOS10 and 11 and now 11.2? Anyone had installed the new iOS 11.2? Any slow downs? Thanks.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Re: Slowed down?

I'm on iOS 10.1.1 on my 6s Plus. To be honest, I haven't noticed much speed change in general from iOS 9 to 10. There probably was some, but not really noticeable, except in a few specific places such as in Safari. It's fast enough for me as is.

xboxbml

Jul 13, 2016
Visit site
Slowed down?

I’ve read that this phenomenon is related to battery wear out... Apple throttles CPU down as battery wears to save battery.. I’d say if it’s that bad, maybe go to Apple store and get it replaced for 100$ or whatever they charge. As long as there’s no other physical damage they should do it. My 6s+ is almost 1.5 years old and still fine.. on 11.2

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site

I’ve read that this phenomenon is related to battery wear out... Apple throttles CPU down as battery wears to save battery.. I’d say if it’s that bad, maybe go to Apple store and get it replaced for 100$ or whatever they charge. As long as there’s no other physical damage they should do it. My 6s+ is almost 1.5 years old and still fine.. on 11.2

Yeah, if I’m using a device for more than 2 years with no plans of upgrading.. I would definitely be replacing my battery.

xboxbml

Jul 13, 2016
Visit site

Yeah, if I’m using a device for more than 2 years with no plans of upgrading.. I would definitely be replacing my battery.

Yeah...I have no plans of upgrading any time soon...unless someone dumps 1000$ in my lap... then I might wait till next year to see what they put out..lol

Rjhncrz

Nov 1, 2017
Visit site

Meh, there's no reason to upgrade tho. 6s/+ still fast as light. I don't know why people buy/upgrade every year, even they have working phone still.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site

Meh, there's no reason to upgrade tho. 6s/+ still fast as light. I don't know why people buy/upgrade every year, even they have working phone still.

I upgrade annually because I love technology.
I also appreciate and want to enjoy whatever is the latest and greatest.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site

My son's 6s+ is running fine and he stays on it constantly. As inexpensive as it is, I'd get the battery replaced.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site

My wife has a 6S Plus and updates, something I will be doing is running coconut battery to see what it says about her phones battery, she doe use it a lot.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

My wife has a 6S Plus and updates, something I will be doing is running coconut battery to see what it says about her phones battery, she doe use it a lot.

You can also run this test. It's the same used at the Genius Bar in the Apple Stores.

Write down your usage and standby time, press the sleep/wake button (or lock button, as some call it) to put the device to sleep, and set the device down for five minutes. When you come back, take note of the change in time. If your device is sleeping properly, then the Standby time should have increased by five minutes and your Usage time by <1 minute.
If your Usage time rises by more than one minute, you have a drain problem. Something is keeping your device from sleeping properly, significantly shortening the time it will last.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site

I just checked my wifes 6S Plus, 416 days old, 87.9% of original battery capacity left 147 battery cycles. Not bad really given how much she uses it. Later this year I will likely get the battery swapped out but so far she has no complaints over slow down.

xboxbml

Jul 13, 2016
Visit site

I just checked my wifes 6S Plus, 416 days old, 87.9% of original battery capacity left 147 battery cycles. Not bad really given how much she uses it. Later this year I will likely get the battery swapped out but so far she has no complaints over slow down.

Mine is over 1.5 years 88% capacity left now..according to batter life app anyway..no slowdown...was at 94% last week so not sure how accurate this app is.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

Mine is over 1.5 years 88% capacity left now..according to batter life app anyway..no slowdown...was at 94% last week so not sure how accurate this app is.

Apple no longer gives developers that info. I think he just uses whatever info he can and it's a guess. Age of phone and etc. It may be close most of the time, but no way it is accurate.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site

Where did you get the info on battery cycles from?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73