Why is my iphone 6 plus heating up from soap inside the phone?

May 9, 2017
Visit site
Today i was playing with some friends in my back yard and i forgot i left my phone outside and it was by a car cleaner soap thing. So I came back outside and i got my phone and it had soap on the side and i looked at it and wiped it off as much as i can and i say it got there the power button and the sim card slide thing on the side. and i have no idea what to do and you help me out? :(

bmhillegass87

Apr 12, 2017
Visit site
Today i was playing with some friends in my back yard and i forgot i left my phone outside and it was by a car cleaner soap thing. So I came back outside and i got my phone and it had soap on the side and i looked at it and wiped it off as much as i can and i say it got there the power button and the sim card slide thing on the side. and i have no idea what to do and you help me out? :(

Hi Jasmine,

Sorry to hear about the issue! However, given the iPhone 6 Plus lack of water resistance i'm not overly surprised you are experiencing some abnormal behavior. Beyond some heating issues, is the device functioning as normal? Do you know how to check your phone for water damage (would be more than happy to explain if needed)? I'd try the rice trick honestly. My wife just left her 6s Plus out in the rain and we were able to resurrect it (mostly) using this advice. It actually does work as silly as it sounds! It might be a little late considering the time that has lapsed since getting soapy water, but it certainly won't hurt.

Grab a plastic bag, preferably a common zipper storage bag and fill it up with uncooked rice or alternatively, silica-gel packets. Place the iPhone in the plastic bag and make sure the device is fully immersed in the rice (make sure the device is powered off).

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2